Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:22 PM   #1521
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Mind giving me the full name? My actual baseball knowledge is limited, especially for players in the past.

Edit: I did a search on the card_list excel sheet and can't seem to find one that fits your description so I assume Hill is a nickname? Google gave me a lot of Pete Hill though.
that be the one. damn the ah sucks today. nobody good. only decent guys are overpriced.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:09 AM   #1522
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Yup, I think most people are stocking up on next season from Thursday onward so I think it might be better to be a buyer by Monday to Wednesday and better to be a seller by Thursday onward. I didn't have enough PP before Wednesday though.

And what's the OVR and price range of Pete Hill? Reading the wikipedia he looks like he would be at least a 80+ at least so a few Ks for price?
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:12 AM   #1523
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Annandale hit the PP jackpot today - I got my Challenge packs this morning and they were randomly awarded a Gold pack. The pack had not one, but two gold cards in it (Torres and Rizzo) AND a Diamond (Carrasco). They're all live cards so I'm just going to sell them but that should be a nice injection of PP once I get rid of all of them.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to fix the Atom Smashers!

Boy, I'd be happy just getting something good rated over a 69!

I haven't ever received anything good from opening my challenge packs.

The last 6-8 packs had all Live Player Cards rated 65 or lower and only one card that was a usable 69 rated Historical All-Star!

That is a great example as to why I only use the AH to acquire new players for my team.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:14 AM   #1524
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Yup, I think most people are stocking up on next season from Thursday onward so I think it might be better to be a buyer by Monday to Wednesday and better to be a seller by Thursday onward. I didn't have enough PP before Wednesday though.

And what's the OVR and price range of Pete Hill? Reading the wikipedia he looks like he would be at least a 80+ at least so a few Ks for price?
Yeah the timing on the auction house is interesting. Earlier this week I was all out of PP on the Vikings and the exact player I wanted popped up... he sold for a mere 4k and I would have paid 8k or more. Now the auction house is totally barren of the guys I want.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:26 AM   #1525
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I haven't gotten anything good from my packs either, and that's all all three teams including two pack only teams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the AH situation is to be expected. I think it's just a common tendency for many managers to spend on the next season what they earned over the current season and then have nothing to spend on the first half of a new week.

I think it's smart for me to keep my money until Monday, but I really want to upgrade my team for the next season. I am also fanatic about having the players I want be pitching or hitting by day 1 of a new season. It's a dilemma for sure. I guess I could try to pick up some cheap bronze and silver to have a new roster while still keeping a big portion of the bucks for the real upgrade.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:20 AM   #1526
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Yeah the timing on the auction house is interesting. Earlier this week I was all out of PP on the Vikings and the exact player I wanted popped up... he sold for a mere 4k and I would have paid 8k or more. Now the auction house is totally barren of the guys I want.
The other week heading into the weekend the ah was stocked. Sigh. Got nothing to spend PP on.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #1527
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Waffletown's Consistency Leaves Stalkers in Sticky Situation in S251

The Syrups have their hands ready with the spile that will tap into whatever celebratory concoction will commemorate a third Our League (OL) crown for the franchise. With six games left, all on the road, they are the clear leaders, and the masters of their fate. Asylum, their closest follower, also with six left (3 home, 3 away) has a straight-forward task - win two more games than Waffletown. However, there are so many games left on the OL schedule that, should Waffletown stumble to say, 2-4, a window of opportunity would open for a miraculous '14 Braves-like run for such teams as Bluffton, 6 H, 10 A, Palolo, 7 H, 6 A, Port Ruppert, 9 H, 7 A, , or Shasta, 4 H, 4 A. I haven't done the arithmetic, but, given the extensive schedule, I don't think any team is yet eliminated.

Just noticed that I forgot to add the header to the team vs. team, and the abbreviations I used to the standings. I guess I'll also change the type-face to Courier, if Google sheets has it. The convention I used is, for two name teams, i.e. Waffletown Syrups, the first two letters of the city and the first of the nickname. For three word teams, it's just the first three letters. It's what we used in a play by mail Strat-O-Matic league I played in for about 15 years 20 years ago, so it's kind of ingrained in me. I tried using the PT abbreviations, but kept slipping back. The first time I typed up the sheet, I had mistakes like WAF and SLM in the horizontal and WAS and SAW in the vertical. I am too old to change. I've re-posted them. I'd ask if they look better, but how would you know?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-25-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:07 AM   #1528
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I207 Update

Heading into the final month of the season, Motown is making a move. I think it's too late for them unless both Stephensville and Victoria falter.

Stephensville has 9 games left - 6 vs Fancher Creek and 3 vs Mudvile
Victoria has 6 games left vs Gotham
Motown has 9 games left, 6 vs Frankenthal and 3 vs Melaka
Frankenthal has 9 games left, 6 vs Motown and 3 vs Melaka
Mudville has 9 games left, 3 vs Gotham, 3 vs Fancher Creek and 3 vs Stephensville

Crystal ball says chance of winning the crown is: Stephensville 44%, Victoria 31%, Motown 16%, Frankenthal 8%, Mudville 1%

If Stephensville wins 7 of their remaining OL games they clinch, regardless as to what Victoria and Motown do.

Code:
Our League Standings - I207 - Sep 5, 2027			
			 W	 L	Pct
Stephensville Bears	27	17	.614
Victoria Vikings	31	22	.585
Motown Stars		28	22	.560
Frankenthal Retros	27	22	.551
Mudville Muffins	24	20	.545
Melaka Armada		25	26	.490
Pa Athletic Club	16	18	.471
Fancher Creek Pirates	17	23	.425
Arkham Horrors		 8	13	.381
Gotham Knights		12	32	.273

spacer
I'll post the team-vs-team records - that's how I compile this standings list anyways! The green sums at the bottom validate the columns vs the rows so if my numbers are off they turn red, which lets me know I fudged an entry somewhere.
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-25-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #1529
Kushiel
All Star Starter

G321

Sanguine Classics
7-4
CliffMarkle Roadrunners
15-11
Ewa Beach Chickens
10-9
Luchenback Armadillos
8-9
Harlem Hatchets
4-6
Kaneohe Mokes
9-14
53-53

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:44 AM   #1530
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Heading into the final month of the season, Motown is making a move. I think it's too late for them unless both Stephensville and Victoria falter.

Stephensville has 9 games left - 6 vs Fancher Creek and 3 vs Mudvile
Victoria has 6 games left vs Gotham
Motown has 9 games left, 6 vs Frankenthal and 3 vs Melaka
Frankenthal has 9 games left, 6 vs Motown and 3 vs Melaka
Mudville has 9 games left, 3 vs Gotham, 3 vs Fancher Creek and 3 vs Stephensville

Crystal ball says chance of winning the crown is: Stephensville 44%, Victoria 31%, Motown 16%, Frankenthal 8%, Mudville 1%

If Stephensville wins 7 of their remaining OL games they clinch, regardless as to what Victoria and Motown do.

Code:
Our League Standings - I207 - Sep 5, 2027            
             W     L    Pct
Stephensville Bears    27    17    .614
Victoria Vikings    31    22    .585
Motown Stars        28    22    .560
Frankenthal Retros    27    22    .551
Mudville Muffins    24    20    .545
Melaka Armada        25    26    .490
Pa Athletic Club    16    18    .471
Fancher Creek Pirates    17    23    .425
Arkham Horrors         8    13    .381
Gotham Knights        12    32    .273

spacer
I'll post the team-vs-team records - that's how I compile this standings list anyways! The green sums at the bottom validate the columns vs the rows so if my numbers are off they turn red, which lets me know I fudged an entry somewhere.

Nice work. Reading your comments about your table made laugh at myself for being an old fart. After I'm done with the sheet, I go back and do the standings with pencil and paper. That's my check. I'm still thinking about moving the Lost total to the bottom row, just to make it look like it did in the newspaper.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-25-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:54 AM   #1531
Charlatan
All Star Starter

After scouring the posts for the last week, here's who I believe we need to double-make-sure is on our friends lists for next week:

Lower league people be sure to add (showing level they will be at next year)

bonsai13 - Redmond Defenders (Iron)
fearthefive - Seattle Endless Summer (Iron)
sabakon2 - New Zealand Silver Ferns (Iron/Bronze)

Upper league people be sure to add:

atabakin2 - Virginia Freeloaders (Diamond/Perfect)

New people:
  • be sure to add friends from the OL friends list, located here. I suggest adding everyone in the league you'll be in next year and everyone from one level above and below. That way you will catch anyone who is promoted or relegated (so for example, if you're going to be in Bronze, add everyone in Iron, Bronze, and Silver). My team in iron adds everyone in entry/iron/bronze/silver with no problem. My team in Silver adds everyone in bronze/silver/gold/diamond/perfect with no problem. That way we'll be sure to pull everyone together
  • check and double check that you're using your friends list for league placement. Go to Main menu -> Perfect Team Home Screen. Then click the "Profile & Settings" tab. On the right side of the screen, make sure the "League Placement Settings" choice is "Use Friends List" - if it's not set as such, select that, submit your team and quit OOTP. Then relaunch OOTP and check to make sure the setting "stuck."

I also have been meaning to say that the Redmond and Seattle team icons are amazing - I love 'em!

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-25-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #1532
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Updated Friends List

Here's the whole list. Had to do it in two parts.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #1533
Edster007
All Star Starter

Just started a second team yesterday and going through the entry pool. Hoping to join once my team meets the criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #1534
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League Teams PT Playoff Possibilities

D357 - Seattle 5 GB in AC wild card; Battery Point leads NCC, Aina Haina 1/2 GB, Green Lake 1 GB in NC wild card

G321 - Ewa Beach and Luckenbach tied for NC wild card, 2 G ahead of the pack

S251 - Waffletown leads the ACC, Port Ruppert leads AC wild card, Salem is 1/2 GB in AC wild card. Asylum leads NCC, Shasta the NCW

B248 - New York leads ACE, Daytona Beach leads ACW. Philadelphia Patriots lead NCW, Ozark 5 G ahead in NC wild card

I207 - Arkham leads big in ACC, Stephensville is 3 1/2 G ahead of Mudville, which is 4 G ahead of the next third place team in the AC wild card. Motown leads the NCW, Frankenthal is 3 G ahead in NC wild card, with the Philadelphia AC 5 GB the scond wild card spot.

I'm pretty sure that covers everybody within five games of the playoffs.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-25-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #1535
Magus978
All Star Starter

I keep doing a terrible job of adding up games, but I've made sure everything is proper going into today's 2027 season run-in. Today we find out who wins the B248 crown. The state of play is listed below in the fancy graphic.

As mentioned in a previous post...Daytona Beach, New York, Ozark, and Philadelphia are also battling on a second front. Daytona Beach, New York, and Philadelphia are in very tight divisional races to try and hang on to their leads. New York in particular are looking for their first division title since 2023. Ozark seems poised to grab one of the wildcards in the National Conference, while it's most likely wait until next year for Asheboro and Janesville, neither in any real danger of suffering a drop back to Iron.

Can the worst franchise (record-wise as of the beginning of the 2027 season) in the history of Our League play finish the job and take their maiden crown?

REMAINING GAMES TODAY
Asheboro: 9 Home (4 vs Ozark, 5 vs Janesville)
Daytona Beach: 3 Away (3 @ New York)
Janesville: 5 Away (5 @ Asheboro)
New York: 3 Home (3 vs Daytona Beach)
Ozark: 3 Home (3 vs Philadelphia), 4 Away (4 @ Asheboro)
Philadelphia: 3 Away (3 @ Ozark)
Attached Images

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 05-25-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #1536
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Syrups have their hands ready with the spile that will tap into whatever celebratory concoction will commemorate a third Our League (OL) crown for the franchise. With six games left, all on the road, they are the clear leaders, and the masters of their fate. Asylum, their closest follower, also with six left (3 home, 3 away) has a straight-forward task - win two more games than Waffletown. However, there are so many games left on the OL schedule that, should Waffletown stumble to say, 2-4, a window of opportunity would open for a miraculous '14 Braves-like run for such teams as Bluffton, 6 H, 10 A, Palolo, 7 H, 6 A, Port Ruppert, 9 H, 7 A, , or Shasta, 4 H, 4 A. I haven't done the arithmetic, but, given the extensive schedule, I don't think any team is yet eliminated.

Just noticed that I forgot to add the header to the team vs. team, and the abbreviations I used to the standings. I guess I'll also change the type-face to Courier, if Google sheets has it. The convention I used is, for two name teams, i.e. Waffletown Syrups, the first two letters of the city and the first of the nickname. For three word teams, it's just the first three letters. It's what we used in a play by mail Strat-O-Matic league I played in for about 15 years 20 years ago, so it's kind of ingrained in me. I tried using the PT abbreviations, but kept slipping back. The first time I typed up the sheet, I had mistakes like WAF and SLM in the horizontal and WAS and SAW in the vertical. I am too old to change. I've re-posted them. I'd ask if they look better, but how would you know?
Palolo is making a late run. 9 more games against OL opponents this year.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #1537
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

The AH continues to be a barren wasteland today. Looks like people are stashing cards.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #1538
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
The AH continues to be a barren wasteland today. Looks like people are stashing cards.
I picked up a Groat this morning for a little more than 2K. But if that's the highlight, then yeah, there's not much going on.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #1539
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I picked up a Groat this morning for a little more than 2K. But if that's the highlight, then yeah, there's not much going on.
I was looking at Groat too, but thought it was overpriced. Maybe the drop rate of non-live cards needs to increase? Posted a thread on the whole topic.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #1540
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Exciting wild card race in D357!

At this point, three Our League teams are currently in wild card position or within 1 game of wild card position ---- Seattle (AC), Aina Haina & Green Lake (NC). It is possible that three of the four WC teams could be Our Leaguers!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote