Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
landru22
Major Leagues

Is there a Tutorial for setting up a custom schedule for a custom league?

Is there a tutorial for setting up a custom schedule in a custom league? I tried to create an 82-game schedule with a 26 team league setup as follows:
2 conferences, 2 divisions within each conference, Div 1 - 7 teams, Div 2 - 6 teams, Div 3 - 6 teams, and Div 4 - 7 teams. Since the choice only goes up to 10, I assumed that the inter-conference and inter-division games choices were games against each team in the division of conference. For inter-conference games I chose 4 games and for inter-division games I chose 5 games. I only checked the resulting schedule of the first team on the list, but their schedule was all out of whack. They played 1 team in their division 10X, another 7X, 2 teams 4X, and two teams 2X, Within the conference, but outside their division They played 1 team 7X, another team 6X, 2 teams 4X, and 2 teams 2X. Outside the conference there was 1 team that was played 6X, 4 teams 5X, 1 team 4X, and the remaining teams were played 2X.

Surely, I did something wrong here. Please advise,
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
landru22
Major Leagues

If anyone is interested in this topic, I believe I understand how to do this now. I misinterpreted inter-conference as meaning games against teams in your conference, but not in your division. I also misinterpreted Inter-division as games against teams in your division. This is false.

What is listed as inter-conference is actually the number of games you wish to play each team OUT of your conference and Inter-Division means the number of games you want played against another division that is in your conference. Other than the the "inter" naming convention, I think the schedule creater works pretty well. Thank You!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You are right with the definitions (inter-conference = against other conference, inter-division = against teams from your conference but not in your division, the rest is played in your division). Thanks to your report I found a small bug in the generator that will be fixed in the first update.

As a rule of thump make sure that the inter-conference and inter-division games don't add up to more games as the total games number (which was the case in your first post).

Also keep in mind that schedule generators are really tough to code, so any feedback is appreciated so we can further improve it!
Old 10-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You are right with the definitions (inter-conference = against other conference, inter-division = against teams from your conference but not in your division, the rest is played in your division). Thanks to your report I found a small bug in the generator that will be fixed in the first update.
I think i have found another issue with the schedule generator. When I create my 26-team league and don't add farm teams or junior teams, it seems to create a schedule that starts at what I would consider a normal date (Early October). In the tests that I have run without farm or junior leagues, the schedule creates correctly.

When I do the same test with the same schedule parameters, but I add a farm league and a junior league, the Major league schedule begins somewhere around September 22. It also seems to screw up the number of games played within and outside a team's division.

Hopefully, this is the small bug you mentioned. If not, you may need to take another look at this.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
landru22
Major Leagues

I have a theory about this issue, but I'm stuck at work with no way to test it. I think that my custom schedule may get messed up because the junior league that I added does not have the same format as the major/minor leagues. If I'm correct, then this issue goes back to FHM2 and has nothing to do with the schedule created added in FHM4.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:00 AM   #6
landru22
Major Leagues

As I suspected, adding a junior league with a different format than my major/Minor leagues caused the major (and probably the minor) league schedule to get a bit messy. What I was trying to do was setup a major and minor leagues with 26 teams (2 confs, 4 divs, 7-6-6-7 teams) and then a 31-team junior league (figuring the more teams the better draft pool).

I have tested a 3 league (maj/min/jun) world with all leagues with the same 26-team setup, and the custom schedule worked fine. I believe that will be my final setup.