Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 08-10-2017, 12:38 AM   #181
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

photo bucket has ruined this entire forum

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:12 AM   #182
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [Midwest League - Class A] Dubuque Packers 1976

This set was a bit difficult to accomplish as all I could find were black and white pictures of TCMA cards, so it made the V-neck colors hard to determine exactly.

As well, I had problems in finding the exact jersey font, so I used what I thought was the closest match.

And lastly, I had to "fudge" a rainbow layer together. Not sure who made it, but if it's yours...thanks!

As with the parent club, there is no dark road jersey, so I chose to put the city name on that one.

Therefore, this set isn't 100% accurate, but...it's close enough, I think.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #183
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
This set was a bit difficult to accomplish as all I could find were black and white pictures of TCMA cards, so it made the V-neck colors hard to determine exactly.

As well, I had problems in finding the exact jersey font, so I used what I thought was the closest match.

And lastly, I had to "fudge" a rainbow layer together. Not sure who made it, but if it's yours...thanks!

As with the parent club, there is no dark road jersey, so I chose to put the city name on that one.

Therefore, this set isn't 100% accurate, but...it's close enough, I think.
Very cool! Where did you get that V-neck layer? I don't particularly like the one that comes with Jersey Maker.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 AM   #184
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyballer455 View Post
Very cool! Where did you get that V-neck layer? I don't particularly like the one that comes with Jersey Maker.
I believe it was in one of Gambo's old jersey templates.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:20 AM   #185
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I believe it was in one of Gambo's old jersey templates.
I've been trying to get that, but I can't open anything downloaded from the ootpmods site. Guess I'll have to find it somewhere else...
Old 08-15-2017, 02:04 AM   #186
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyballer455 View Post
I've been trying to get that, but I can't open anything downloaded from the ootpmods site. Guess I'll have to find it somewhere else...
No need. I have attached a "basic" file that I used to create the V-necks for the teams I have created so far.

You have to use the "Import Layer" function in the Jersey Creator to get it to show up.
Attached Images
Old 08-15-2017, 02:15 AM   #187
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [Pacific Coast League - Class AAA] Salt Lake City Gulls 1975-1980

This set will complement the earlier set from the 80's.

When I first started out on this set, I didn't think that I would be able to do it due to the "custom" nature of the logos, but thanks to the "power of the Internet", I was able to find enough usable material to make it.

Now, this is ONE colorful set! The colors put me in the mind of the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

I could not tell from the baseball cards which color the home jersey was, until doing some further research and found the tweet from the Salt Lake Bees about a "throwback night", so based on that I made the home jersey orange, while the away jersey is teal.

The logo seems to complement this set really well, so I used it.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-15-2017, 02:42 AM   #188
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
No need. I have attached a "basic" file that I used to create the V-necks for the teams I have created so far.

You have to use the "Import Layer" function in the Jersey Creator to get it to show up.
Thanks a ton! That saves me quite a bit a time.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:42 AM   #189
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [New York-Penn League - SSA] Elmira Pioneers 1993-1995 [Caps only!]

I see that there hasn't been a set made for the Pioneers' affiliation with the Marlins, and after doing some research I can see why. I could find no clear evidence as to what their jerseys actually were!

I saw various players wearing Marlins jerseys with these caps, so I am pretty sure that these would be spring training photos.

The teal caps were worn most of the time, no matter what jersey was being worn.

I did luck out in finding a good picture of the caps from whence I took the logo from, so here I present the caps of the Pioneers from their time as a Marlins affiliate!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-01-2017, 06:10 AM   #190
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MilB] [Eastern League - AA] Williamsport Tomahawks 1976

This is another "blink and you missed it" team, though the franchise itself was around for 4 seasons - they were known as the Thetford Mines Miners from 1974 to 1975, and the Jersey City Indians from 1977 to 1978.

Another case where pictures were hard to come by, but I got lucky in finding a jersey picture that showed the complete logo. I came as close as I could to the cap logo.

All in all, I think it turned out fairly good and the home jersey is a fairly accurate representation of what they wore.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-01-2017, 06:24 AM   #191
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [Southern League - AA] Charlotte O's 1976-1987

This team was longer lived than the previous one I posted, and a bit more notable as Cal Ripken Jr. spent time here in 1980.

It began life as the Asheville Orioles in 1972, and in 1976 wrestling promoter Jim Crockett (yes, THAT Jim Crockett from the NWA days! ) bought the team, and moved them to Charlotte, North Carolina, and renamed them the O's.

I was surprised to see that this team didn't have the parent teams colors, and again is based on jersey and cap pictures where I cut the logo out of them.

I tried to get as close as I could to the uniform colors, so all in all this set is fairly accurate for the Ripken era.

OOTP being what it is, it still isn't able to read an apostrophe (') in the filename, so while it may look weird, the files are named correctly for OOTP to read in.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #192
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [South Atlantic League - A] Cape Fear Crocs 1997-2000

Given the state of the only available set for this team (which, by today's standards, is quite bad to be honest, no offense to the original creator), I thought I'd re-work them.

I based my work on baseball card photos to get as close as I could with the tools I have. The jersey stripe isn't 100% (missing the black).

Logo isn't mine (I believe it's Justafan's), just re-posting here for convenience.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #193
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

You know what? This is the exact same thing I've been trying to do with my Historical Minor Leagues project, although not as random. Which reminds me I need get that back up and running.

Would you perhaps like to help me with that? If not, I'd still like to use the ones you've made thus far. You'll be properly credited either way.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:50 PM   #194
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

While it's true we are covering some of the same ground, what I am doing is on an as-needed basis for the file I am running at the moment.

It is going hand-in-hand with a larger project that I am working on that is sort of a "uniform encyclopedia", kind of like Marc Okkonen's book.

The intent with my project is to list EVERY known minor league team (via file folders) that existed from the beginning of time.

So whenever I run into teams where they didn't rehash the parent clubs' uniforms, that's when I usually post them. There are exceptions such as my Reading Phillies saga, but only because the set that existed was somewhat dated and I felt it could use an update.

But please feel free to use whatever you like of mine. I have no problem with that.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #195
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[High School] Ohio High School Athletic Assocation logos

Threw these together to use for one of my high school leagues, so thought I'd share them.

All are appropriately named so OOTP should pick up the correct one based on the starting year.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #196
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[College] NCAA Baseball Logo

Found this while looking for something else, so thought it would make a good alternative to the "generic" NCAA logo.
Attached Images
Old 09-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #197
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [International League - AAA] Winnipeg Whips 1970-1971

I've been doing OOTP modding for a few years now, and only just last year decided that I would try and collect as many sets as possible.

I have a database that I slowly add to as the days go by, and there are times when I am creating the "base folders" for the storage of the sets that I think "I'll never see that set!".

This set (and the next) were just that - mythical creations that I never thought would exist.

As it happens, I am now into 1970 in my current franchise, and so I went about searching to find anything that might have already been created for this team.

I found this thread from 10 years ago, and I thought, well that's a start.

Then I saw a jersey from Ebbets, so that gave me an idea of at least what they looked like. Then I happened upon a couple of somewhat usable logos, and the end result is what you see in this post and the next!

Now, for those that don't know the history behind this team. The Montreal Expos acquired the Buffalo Bisons (longtime staple of the Eastern and International leagues) affiliate in 1970 from the Washington Senators, and moved the club midway through that season.

Due to the extreme nature of the remote location (more than a thousand miles from the nearest league team), the team was moved to Hampton, Virginia for the 1972 season and named Peninsula, which would last through the 1973 season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #198
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [International League - AAA] Peninsula Whips 1972-1973

And, here's the Peninsula version. Slightly different logo that Winnipeg, I again lucked out from a picture off of Ebbets.

So I think both sets are fairly accurate representations of what this franchise wore for the 4 years that they were in existence.

Credit goes to Silvam14 for the logo which was used as part of the main logo for both teams.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by ArcAngel; 09-03-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #199
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [Florida State League - A] Key West Sun Caps 1971

One of the frustrating things about doing Google Image searches is that it brings you results that are nowhere close to what you are searching for. This team is a GREAT example of that. No matter how I searched, I keep seeing images of HATS! ARRGH!!

At any rate, I did find ONE very grainy photograph of the 1971 team, so the jersey is based on that. I'd say 95% accurate as far as the jersey font, but the colors...not so much. So went with semi-Cubs colors since they were affiliates of them in 1974.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #200
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

[MiLB] [Florida State League - A] Key West Conchs 1972-1974

An extension of the Sun Caps, just changed the lettering on the cap and home jersey.

The away jersey from the previous set is interchangeable with this one so no need to post it again.
Attached Images
Image Image Image