Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Fixing a grave error...

So I messed up. I had a Challenge Mode save going pretty well, but I noticed pretty early on that I couldn't shop players, but only in this save. It didn't bother me at first, but when the new shopping features were released, I wanted to try them out in this save. After some searching, I learned that it was because I had accepted a WCB manager spot and then resigned it, and that caused me to not be able to shop players throughout the entirety of the save. I saw that someone's workaround was to resign their position and take it up again. So I tried to do that... but after resigning, I can't get my position back. Rep isn't high enough/team doesn't want me. I made a template of the database used for that save and started it as a new game, but since I was part of the way through a season, the standings and all stats up to that point in the season are gone. So my question is twofold...

1. Is there a way to take the standings and stats from one Challenge mode database to another?

2. Is there a way to force myself to be the GM again of the team I had resigned from?

Thanks so much for any help. 900ish hours in and this is the first time I've messed up a save so badly.
GGGUNSLINGERRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Your Challenge Mode achievements persist on the leaderboard. Start a new league and you will add to your totals. The new league will only show the achievements earned in it, but your profile will show everything.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:14 PM   #3
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Your Challenge Mode achievements persist on the leaderboard. Start a new league and you will add to your totals. The new league will only show the achievements earned in it, but your profile will show everything.
I'm less concerned about Challenge Mode achievements than I am with in-game statistics. In the new league started from a template of the old one, it's April 22nd and all teams are 0-0, no player stats recorded, etc. That's my main concern, not the external achievements.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:22 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

To answer your questions...

1. No
2. Restore the backup that you made before you resigned from that team.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
To answer your questions...

1. No
2. Restore the backup that you made before you resigned from that team.
That makes sense. Now if only I'd made a backup. Thanks for your help!