Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bringing back the Montreal Expos

I've created the Montreal Expos as an expansion team. I simmed the 2013 season and expanded MLB by two teams; the Montreal Expos and the Portland Beavers allowing for each league having 4 divisions with 4 teams. Both Montreal and Portland were added to the AL. The Expos play at Parc Molson and as GM I added many parts through the expansion draft. This included players such as SPs Wade Miley and Alex Cobb, BP arms Cory Gearrin and Ryan Cook and position players Collin Cowgill and Emilio Bonifacio. It was not an especially strong draft pool. Because of the weakness of the draft I decided to try and sign some aging free agents that could be had cheaply and trade for some lesser known prospects. My starting lineup going into the season was.
C: Geovany Soto acquired through FA $7.2m/2yrs
1B: Chris Marrero FA $9.93m/3 yrs
2B Emilio Bonifacio Expansion Draft
3B: Matt Davidson trade with Arizona
SS: Stephen Drew FA $1m/1yr
LF: Collion Cowgill Expansion Draft
CF: Chris Young FA $33m/3 yrs w/ 2 team options
RF: Nelson Cruz FA $3.2m/2yrs w/ team option
DH: Paul Knoerko FA $45m/3 yrs w/ 2 team options
SP: Ubaldo Jimenez FA $16.5m/3yrs
Wade Miley Expansion Draft
Tommy Millone Expansion Draft
Alex Cobb Expansion Draft
Iwane Asano Int'l FA
CL: Cory Gearrin Expansion Draft

Parc Molson favor RH hitters, so I focused building my team around having high upside RH hitters such as Young and Konerko. My inaugural salary was $64 mil and finished 72-90. Chris Marrero was named ROY and Chris Young won a GG in Center. Other awards:
AL ROY: Chris Marrero 1B Montreal Expos .285/34 HrRs/103 RBI
NL ROY: Allen Hanson SS Pittsburgh Pirates .272/16 HRs/72 RBI
AL CY: Felix Hernandex Seattle Mariners 23-6 3.01 ERA 206 Ks
NL CY: Julio Teheran Atlanta Braves 20-8 2.31 ERA 255 Ks
AL MVP: Albert Pujols 1B Los Angeles Angels .329/54 HRs/148 RBI
NL MVP: Bryce Harper LF Washington Nationals
Wallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

End of Inaugural Season

My inaugural salary was $64 mil and finished 72-90. Chris Marrero was named ROY and Chris Young won a GG in Center. Other awards:
AL ROY: Chris Marrero 1B Montreal Expos .285/34 HrRs/103 RBI
NL ROY: Allen Hanson SS Pittsburgh Pirates .272/16 HRs/72 RBI
AL CY: Felix Hernandex Seattle Mariners 23-6 3.01 ERA 206 Ks
NL CY: Julio Teheran Atlanta Braves 20-8 2.31 ERA 255 Ks
AL MVP: Albert Pujols 1B Los Angeles Angels .329/54 HRs/148 RBI
NL MVP: Bryce Harper LF Washington Nationals .328/38 HRs/ 93 RBI

I consider this to be a pretty successful season considering that we are an expansion team. The Expos got a pretty big year from Chris Young considering he missed 30 games with a knee injury. Final Statistics were:
2B: Emilio Bonifacio .270/.339/.365 1 HR 31 RBI 30 SB
LF: Collin Cowgill 92 gms .209/.287/.297 4HR 33 RBI 11 SB
CF: Chris Young .283/.351/.521 28 HR 79 RBI 14 SB
DH: Paul Konerko .260/.344/.449 31 HR 108 RBI
1B: Chris Marrero
RF: Nelson Cruz 71 gms .213/.270/.360 7 HR 22 RBI
3B: Matt Davidson .269/.325/.481 28 HR 88 RBI
C: Geovany Soto 72 gms .276/.354/.502 12 HR 33 RBI
SS: Stephen Drew 70 gms .250/.312/.388 5 HR 26 RBI

So as you can see our position players suffered a lot of injuries. Needless to say, I will be looking for a new team trainer during this offseason.

Also this offseason I let Emilio Bonifacio walk so I will be looking for a new 2B, corner OFs and upgrades to the pitching staff as Ubaldo Jimenez and Wade Miley were the only two pitchers to have a somewhat successful season. Being an expansion team, my farm system still needs to be improved. I drafted primarily SPs in the first year draft that are still a few years from contributing. I will once again be looking for some cheap FAs that will perform well in Parc Molson. My next post will include my team for the 2015 season.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Year 2

As we near spring training 2015, the Montreal Expos are looking for ways to become competitive as soon as possible. We looked really hard at adding Hanley Ramirez to play SS for us, but we ultimately could not come to an agreement and he signed with Arizona. We did end up claiming a young kid out of the Houston Astros organization named Domingo Santana. He has a lot of upside and will compete for an outfield spot. The Expos also tried to strengthen their team by adding OF Bobby Coyle and SP Zach Lee from the Dodgers for 3 minor leaguers; Emmanuel Burris, Tony Sipp and Trayvon Robinson. We were sad to see them go but are very excited about what Zach Lee can do in the Red, White and Blue. Without a suitable replacement available, we brought back Bonifacio to play 2nd and bat leadoff at a fair price of $1.8m/2yrs. To improve the pitching we agreed with veteran RHP Jake Peavy on a one year contract worth $3.67mil. Our projected starting lineup going into the season looks like this:
C: Geovany Soto
2B: Emilio Bonifacio
3B: Matt Davidson
SS: Chris Owings
LF: Kole Calhoun
CF: Chris Young
RF: Nelson Cruz
SP: Ubaldo Jimenez RH
Jake Peavy RH
Wade Miley LH
Zach Lee RH
Iwane Asano RH or Alex Cobb RH or Tommy Milone LH
CL Cory Gearrin
BP: RH Joba Chamberlain
RH Ryan Cook
LH Craig Breslow
RH Cody Eppley

the rest of the roster will be determined during Spring Training
Old 10-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Rules changes

In case you were curious, the new division alignment is:
AL East: Boston, Montreal, New York Yankees, Toronto
AL Central: Chicago White Sox, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City
AL West: Los Angeles Angels, Oakland, Seattle, Texas
AL Southeast: Atlanta, Baltimore, Miami, Tampa Bay
NL East: New York Mets, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington
NL Central: Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Minnesota
NL Pacific: Los Angeles Dodgers, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco
NL West: Arizona, Colorado, St. Louis, Houston

It is set up this way because I wanted Montreal to play with the DH and still have the distinction between the NL and the AL
Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Spring Training 2015

Early on in Spring Training the injury bug has bit. LF Bobby Coyle, RF Nelson Cruz and SS Stephen Drew were all injured and out for at least the first month of the season. The coaching staff is happy to announce the LH Tommy Milone has won the 5th starter role out with Spring numbers of 1.80 ERA in 20 IP striking out 13 with a WHIP of 1.85. After a poor spring, Craig Breslow pitched himself out of a spot and opened it up for Dan Runzler to be the Lefty in the Bullpen.

On the position player side of things, with the injury to Nelson Cruz, Mark Trumbo was signed as a FA after a poor season with LAA. He shined in Spring Training hitting 2 HR and batting .300. He will start the season as our RF. Another surprise was the emergence of Australian rookie Logan Wade who will be a valuable middle infielder off of the bench. RF Domingo Santana will be sent to Hartford (AAA) to start the season. The 25 man roster to start the season looking like this:
SP: Jimenez, Lee, Miley, Peavy, Milone
BP: Chamberlain, Cook, Eppley, Jim Henderson, Runzler, Bryan Shaw, Gearrin
C: Soto, Nick Hundley
1B: Marrero
2B: Bonifacio, Cole Figueroa, Wade,
3B: Davidson
SS: Owings
LF: Calhoun
CF: Young
RF: Trumbo, Jaff Decker
DH: Paul Konerko

We had a successful spring going 13-11, but are predicted to finish last in the AL East with a 65-97 record. We will look to prove the experts wrong.

We were ranked with the 9th best minor league system behind the strength of pitcher Robby Womack (2014 first round draft pick, 3rd best prospect) and RF Domingo Santana (46th best prospect)
Old 10-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

April 2015

Our first game of the season was against the Chicago White Sox at Parc Molson with Ubaldo Jimenez facing off against Chris Sale. Jimenez struggled in 6.2 IP giving up 6 runs. The BP gave up and additional 3 runs making for a 9-0 loss to open up the season. Trumbo continued his strong spring, but after 5 games was lost for two weeks to a bruised collarbone. This opened up the door for Santana to be called up and start in RF. Another early season injury as Kole Calhoun was lost for 6 weeks. Some hope returned late in the month as Drew, Cruz and Trumbo began a rehab assignment at Hartford.

After one full month of the season, Montreal is proving people wrong as we are 13-9 and leading the division by two games over in country rival the Toronto Blue Jays. Paul Konerko is powering the team with a .325 BA, good enough for 7th in the AL, 2nd with 24 RBI and leading the AL with 8 HR. Bonifacio is 2nd with 7 SB. Gearrin is tied for the AL lead for saves with 9. Chris Marrero also is having a good season and our best starting pitcher has been Peavy with a 2-1 record and 3.00 ERA.

Matt Davidson had a 5 hit game against the Mariners an Konerko earned his 2500th career hit. In the latest weekly power rankings, Montreal is 9th. Here's to a successful April and a strong May.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

May 2015

May got off to a poor start with Chris Young spraining his finger keeping him out for 2 weeks. This causes Keon Broxton to shift to CF and Colin Cowgill to rejoin the parent club until some of those on rehab can return. On May 16th, the team was happy to welcome back Trumbo to the starting lineup. Chris Young was very happy to start a rehab assignment on May 18th.

After May, the Expos are not so optimistic. We are currently 22-29 and 4 gms behind New York. Not yet out of it but there is still time. Konerko was only able to hit 4 more HR in May and add 13 RBI. Bonifacio was only able to find enough openings for another 4 SB. Peavy continues to pace the pitching staff with a 3-2 record and 3.11 ERA. The staff ERA however is 4.38. Nelson Cruz is struggling since his injury with a .083 BA and 0 HR. I'm not sure how much longer we will wait for him to turn it around with such an intriguing prospect in Santana playing in Hartford. I am comfortable that if we can get the lead to the 9th inning, Gearrin will close it out. He has 11 saves and a 1.91 ERA. He just needs more opportunities.

June 6th is the First Year Player Draft. We draft 11th in the 1st round, 9th in the second and 2nd and 11th in the Third. We will be looking to add high upside pitching and strong up the middle prospects. Peavy is starting the month for us against Chicago. Let's go Pos.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

June 2015

June started off with a trade. We traded Joba Chamberlain, who was unhappy being on a rebuilding team, to the Pirates for Gerrit Cole. A high potential starter who had slipped for Pittsburgh. Let's hope a change of scenery can do something for kid. This set off a chain reaction as we shipped Ubaldo Jimenez to Baltimore with Jaff Decker for C Matt Wieters and SS Jonathan Schopp. We hope that by inserting Cole in the the rotation and Wieters and Schoop into the lineup our team will be improved. This then allowed us to shop Soto around and get Steve Lombardozzi and Matthew Skole from the Washington Nationals. Changes all around for the Expos. Our new 3B is Lombardozzi, SS is Schoop and C is Wieters. Overall, I think our team has gotten better, and this is even before the draft.

Our 1st round pick in the draft is Greg Harris, a speedy CF out of an Illinois high school. our 2nd round pick in Dane McCauley, a RHP out of UCLA. We had drafted McCauley last year in the 3rd round and was unable to sign him. Our first pick in the 3rd round is Alberto Aponte, a C from San Diego St. Our 2nd 3rd round pick is Don Doherty. A London, Ontario utility player who is a switch hitter. In the 4th round we took a chance on Ijo Ananas. Ijo was born in Indonesia and plays 1st base.

Nelson Cruz was injured once again and we decided to cut ties with him. This will allow the previously injured Kole Calhoun to be reinserted into the lineup. another injury also occurred when Jake Peavy was put on the 60-day DL with elbow soreness. Hopefully Peavy will be able to return to form as he was pitching with a 2.77 ERA and 6-3 record. Chris Young has also been lost for an extended period of time.

Konerko ended June tied for 2nd in AL HR with 19 and 2nd in RBI with 62. He is continuing to play well at 39 years old. Bonifacio has taken over the league lead with 21 SB. Wieters has batted .298 with 7 HR since coming over from Baltimore. in 5 starts, Cole has pitched 1-3 with a 6.58 ERA leaving much to be desired. As a team we are now 38-40 and only 3/5 games behind. We are still in this and much better than predicted.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

July 2015

July marks the beginning of International Amateur Signing period. We signed three youngsters. First was Stephen Avery. We paid $2.28 mil for the Australian righthander. C Quintin Dempster, Avery's batter mate and a switchitter. He signed for $242k. Finally we signed Roberto Zapata, A Dominican Righthander for $530k.

July also marks the halfway point and the All Star Game in Cincinatti. Montreal had two representatives in Paul Konerko and Cory Gearrin. Both are very deserving.

At the end of July, the Expos are 10 games below .500 and 9 games behind the Red Sox in the AL East.

My next update will be at the end of the season.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

End of the 2015 Season

So we outperformed our preseason predictions. Our final record was 73-89 behind and 17 games behind the Boston Red Sox. We exceeded expectations by 8 games. Success in my book, but still not good enough. Team MVP is Paul Konerko who finished with a .280 BA, 29 HR and 107 RBI. Team Best Pitcher Award goes to Jake Peavy, who despite missing a good chunk of the season finished with a 8-6 record, a 3.76 ERA and led the team with 128 Ks. 1B Chris Marrero also had a good season batting .244, 27 HR and 82 RBI. Since coming over the trade C Matt Wieters batted .260 with 19 HR and 55 RBI and threw out 37.1% of runners. Gerrit Cole also turned things around since the trade with a 10-8 record and 4.78 ERA. We are looking for a continued improvement next year. We also expect improvements from Zach Lee who finished with a 11-14 record and 4.61 ERA.

Jake Peavy is a FA next season and we will look to try and bring him back if he is up to it. As it stands, our payroll is slated to be $66mil before any new signings. Chris Young has a $3mil buyout for next season which we are likely to decline and try to bring him back at a lower price.

Going into the offseason we expect our starting lineup to include Wieters at C, 1B Marrero, SS Schoop, 3B Davidson and Trumbo at one of the corner outfielders. We hope to have a starting rotation with Cole, Peavy, Miley and Lee and will be looking to improve our team there. Gearrin will also return as closer as he finished with 35 saves and a 3.57 ERA.

Konerko also hit his 500th HR this season.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

World Series 2015

Well our manager Charlie Manuel retired and we were unable to retain Chris Young at a price we could agree on but did bring Jake Peavy back on a two year contract with an option for the second year. We hired former INF Andy Fox to be the Expos newest manager and our very excited for it. We also lost our hitting coach and have hired Lloyd McClendon to be the new hitting coach.

Emilio Bonifacio was also lost as we declined the option on the second year. We will be looking for major upgrades in FA and our owner, Jeffrey Skoll, has given me a lot of new money to mess around with. I have up to $60mil to add players if they fit. Clayton Kershaw and Justin Upton both project to be free agents this offseason.

The Washington Nationals beat the Detroit Tigers for the 2015 World Series.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Preparing for 2016 Spring Training

So as the free agent market opened up we set our sights on two impact free agents in SP Clayton Kershaw and LF Justin Upton. They both carry a compensatory draft pick, but are worth it as they can really change the fortune of the franchise. Our first two FA Acquisitions were Bud Norris and Mike Leake, two pitchers who ail provide depth in the bullpen and have experience starting. Justin Upton was the first major domino to fall for us as he signed to be the Expos Left fielder. The fans were very excited when he signed a 6 year contract for $18 mil a year with two option years. Another signing, which may seem unimportant at first glance, we signed Tony Sanchez to be Matt Wieters. Tony is a competent backup who has started. We are very excited. We also signed MR Koji Uehara for $11.34mil. It may seem like a lot for a 40 yo MR, but he can be the stabilizer that gets the ball from our starter to Gearrin. Last season he appeared in 70 games and hab a sub-2.00 ERA in that role. A somewhat surprising signing to the fans was that of Hunter Pence to play RF for $1.97mil for two years. it took a lot of negotiations and we wnt toe-to-toe with many other teams but we signed LHP Clayton Kershaw to be the ace of our staff and in the process we made him a $300mil dollar man for a 10year contract. This could be the single greatest signing for us or set us back very far.

One of the biggest acquisitions however was that of SP Dylan Bundy and INF Adrian Marin from the Baltimore Orioles for Prospect Domingo Santana an P Tommy Milone. We didn't give up on Santana, we just felt that the opportunity to bring Bundy on to the roster was too great to pass up. We also feel the speedy Marin can fill a hole and will compete for a roster spot in Spring Training. We also traded Iwane Asano and two minor leaguers to Minnesota for CF Byron Buxton who we will insert at the top of the lineup on his first day here.

We also brought on Nomar Mazar in the Rule 5 Draft to be a backup outfielder and first LH bat off the bench. He has a lot of power potential, but has been tied to steroids in the past. We'll see if he lasts.

Heading into Spring Training, our starting lineup projects like this:
C: Matt Wieters
2B: Jonathan Schoop
3B: Matthew Skole (Rookie)
SS: Adrian Marin
LF: Justin Upton
CF: Byron Buxton (Rookie)
RF: Hunter Pence
DH: Paul Konerko
SP: Clayton Kershaw
Dylan Bundy
Jake Peavy
Gerrit Cole
Wade Miley or Zach Lee
CL: Cory Gearrin
Old 10-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #13
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Spring Training 2016

As the Expos embarked for their Spring Training home of Gilbert, AZ their hopes were high as they expected to not only improve on their sophomore season but to contend in the competitive AL East. Paul Konerko is back for what is expected to be his last season. When he does retire he will be sorely missed as he helped to usher in a new era of Expo baseball while experiencing a rejuvenation of his career which should end with enshrinement in Cooperstown. The season is also fueled by the addition of proven players Justin Upton, Clayton Kershaw and Hunter Pence. Three players who have excelled and won at the Major League level. Youngsters Dylan Bundy, Gerrit Cole, Jonathan Schoop, Matt Skole, Adrian Marin and Byron Buxton provide energy and promise to the Expo clubhouse and all will be counted on to help this team win. Finally the addition of Koji Uehara will help the bullpen, one of the worst in the AL last year, succeed in closing out games. All of these parts will need to fit together in order for Andy Fox to succeed in his first season as manager of the Expos as he attempts to replace Charlie Manuel.

Luckily the only major injury of spring training was MR Ryan Cook as he was lost Mar. 17 to a strained hamstring. He had a 3.15 ERA and was a key component last year and was going to be counted on to be the same this year. Hopefully he will be able to come back after 7 weeks of rest.

The Expos finished with a 12-12 record in the Spring Training. We are predicted to finish with a 77-85 record and last in the AL East, where the Red Sox are expected to repeat. We expect to change that.

In a strong indication for the future, our farm system was rated the best. Our top prospects include: 1B Eric Friedhoff (#1 Ranked Prospect), SP Robby Womack (#2 Ranked Prospect), 1B Ijo Ananas (#9 Ranked Prospect), and CF Byron Buxton (#60 Ranked Prospects and starting ML CF).
The roster leaving Gilbert is: (Starter in Bold)
C: Matt Wieters, Tony Sanchez
2B: Steve Lombardozzi
3B: Matt Skole, Mark Trumbo platoon
SS: Jonathan Schoop, Chris Owings
LF: Justin Upton
CF: Byron Buxton
RF: Hunter Pence, Nomar Mazara
DH:Paul Konerko
SP: Clayton Kershaw, Dylan Bundy, Jake Peavy, Gerrit Cole, Wade Miley
BP: Cody Eppley, Mike Leake, Bud Norris, Dan Runzler(LHP), Koji Uehara, Jeremy Jeffress
CL: Cory Gearrin

We decided to send Adrian Marin back to Hartford for some more seasoning.
Our first game this season is at Parc Molson against the Chicago White Sox with Clayton Kershaw squaring off against Chris Sale. Go Pos.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
Wallguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

April 2016

Our first game this year was very exciting, even though we lost. It was a 16 inning affair. Clayton Kershaw handed a lead over to the bullpen after going 7 innings and giving up 4 runs. The bullpen gave up three more runs which led to extra innings. Chicago finally scored a run to win the game in the top of the 16th inning. Upton shined in his first game as an Expo going 4-7 with a HR and 2 RBI. Mark Trumbo and Jonathan Schoop also added HRs. Buxton had two SB in his 8 AB. New Chicago White Sox, Curtis Granderson, hit 3 HRs in the game.

after the first month of the season, the Expos have a 11-13 record and is third in the AL East and 4 games behind the Toronto Blue Jays. Not what we were hoping for. Mark Trumbo has done amazing as a part of the 3B platoon. He his batting .375 with 8 HR and 17 RBI in only 16 games. Uptonis batting .255 with 2HR and 16 RBI. Kershaw has been the only successful pitcher this season with a 0-0 record and 2.83 ERA. That shows how bad our starting pitchers have been so far.