Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
screamincheetah
Bat Boy

Drafted Players Not Assigning

During my 2019 draft, as players were drafted by teams they would show that they were assigned to that team. Also, in my short lists, when I would hover over their name, the shadow head would have their team logo in it.

I just started my 2020 draft, and noticed none of the players in my short lists had a team logo in that space, including who I just drafted. So I went to the draft log of round 1 and started clicking on the drafted players, and all of their profiles say "No Team" in that space.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?

HELP PLEASE!!!
screamincheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
slugga27
All Star Starter

Have these players without a team logo signed? If not, there’s your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:49 AM   #3
screamincheetah
Bat Boy

Makes some sense...

...but... this same game (but before the latest update), '19 draft, the players would immediately show the team that selected them both on their profile page and when you hover over their name (team logo appears on face shadow area).

I don't know if something changed in the update or what, but it sucks for sure.

I shortlist the players I'm targeting. After each round (last draft...'19) I found out I could hover over each player and see if they were drafted during that round. If they were, I could remove them from the list and draft one of the others. Now, there's no way to tell, other going back and forth to the draft log, finding them on whichever ever shortlist, removing them....repeat, repeat, repeat.

That sucks. It makes no sense why all of a sudden the team that selected the player isn't shown.

Can someone answer if this was a change in the update, something I can change in settings, or if it's a glitch that needs to be corrected by OOTP?
Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 AM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamincheetah View Post
...but... this same game (but before the latest update), '19 draft, the players would immediately show the team that selected them both on their profile page and when you hover over their name (team logo appears on face shadow area).

I don't know if something changed in the update or what, but it sucks for sure.

I shortlist the players I'm targeting. After each round (last draft...'19) I found out I could hover over each player and see if they were drafted during that round. If they were, I could remove them from the list and draft one of the others. Now, there's no way to tell, other going back and forth to the draft log, finding them on whichever ever shortlist, removing them....repeat, repeat, repeat.

That sucks. It makes no sense why all of a sudden the team that selected the player isn't shown.

Can someone answer if this was a change in the update, something I can change in settings, or if it's a glitch that needs to be corrected by OOTP?
The 19 draft was already held so when you start a game the draftees are assigned their appropriate teams. 2020 and beyond you have to negotiate with the draft picks just like real teams do. You can disable draft pick signing in the league creation menu if you'd like all draft picks to automatically play for their assigned teams, but that takes away compensation picks as a challenge. Nonetheless, your game your way
Old 07-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
screamincheetah
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
The 19 draft was already held so when you start a game the draftees are assigned their appropriate teams. 2020 and beyond you have to negotiate with the draft picks just like real teams do. You can disable draft pick signing in the league creation menu if you'd like all draft picks to automatically play for their assigned teams, but that takes away compensation picks as a challenge. Nonetheless, your game your way
I conducted the '19 draft and as I did it, the player would show "Drafted in x Round, by x team" on their profile and the team logo would pop on their pop up stat deal.

Here's what I think is happening. Overall, I'm wrong and confused (what's new)... The first five rounds the players aren't auto-signed so they don't have team assignments, therefore OOTP can't put a team logo on their pop-up face spot. From rounds six on, my system of tracking the picks work because they're auto-assigned.

Here's my question/problem... why can't the system still show "drafted Round 1, Houston Astros" on the player profile page... the show the Astro logo on their pop-up info page???

I understand the player isn't signed so the system can't say "Team: The Flatrock Tape Worms (R)".... BUT... the player has been drafted and for the sake of the draft event, that player is assigned to the drafting team. I couldn't care less if they're signed now or ever or what actual minor league team they end up on. For the draft I just want to know that this player has been drafted...move on to the next guy. I shouldn't have to pop back and forth from the full round log and then back to my short lists one at a time to see who's still in the pool and who isn't.

Hopefully this makes sense. This seems like an odd little hole in the system that could easily be rectified.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

It's not really a hole in the system. It's functioning as intended. The logo only appears if the player is under contract with that team. Since those players haven't signed a contract, the logo isn't associated with them. They also aren't assigned that that team, as you say. The team only holds their rights and then must negotiate a contract.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote