Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
motnagoh79
Bat Boy

draft order issues

I exported my draft order for the June draft to edit it. I want to add a pick for a team in the supplemental 1st round. When I import the draft order back to the game, the supplemental 1st round is gone (all 13 picks). What am I doing wrong?
motnagoh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

I have the exact same issue/question. When I re-imported the .csv file, the Supplemental 1st Round is gone.
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

is it added to round 1? asthetic issue? or actually gone?

also, make sure to renumber any column... you may have to fill down to correct round or pick number after you add a row. (formatting, double check it) if you can't fix the numbers in 2 clicks, you are not suing a spreadhseet correctly - google "spreadhseet fill function" or something like that.

worse comes to worst: make "new" 2nd round and re-number the ones below in the spreadsheet before importing. who cares how it looks as long as it functions as you want (a one time problem, right?).

Last edited by NoOne; 01-06-2017 at 04:07 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
is it added to round 1? asthetic issue? or actually gone?

also, make sure to renumber any column... you may have to fill down to correct round or pick number after you add a row. (formatting, double check it) if you can't fix the numbers in 2 clicks, you are not suing a spreadhseet correctly - google "spreadhseet fill function" or something like that.

worse comes to worst: make "new" 2nd round and re-number the ones below in the spreadsheet before importing. who cares how it looks as long as it functions as you want (a one time problem, right?).
Not added to Rd 1, just gone altogether. The only change I made the exported draft.csv file was swap the team name and team ID with the one listed for the Supplemental 1st Rd. When trying to import my new draft.csv file with the correct team and team ID, that's when the Sup. 1st Rd vanished.
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBSU View Post
Not added to Rd 1, just gone altogether. The only change I made the exported draft.csv file was swap the team name and team ID with the one listed for the Supplemental 1st Rd. When trying to import my new draft.csv file with the correct team and team ID, that's when the Sup. 1st Rd vanished.
I was able to remove a pick just a couple of days ago from our draft with no issues. I used notepad to make the change.

USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBSU View Post
ok then load it into a spreadsheet.

make a "new" round 2 with proper formatting. this will be whatever should be in the supplemental round.

copy a "3" over all of the old round 2. and any other formating that must change, of course... if all rounds are the same # of picks from there on out, highlight 2 rounds of normal picks and fill down to correct the "round #" column. (you may need to put a "4" for the old 3rd round, then after that no more manually fixing anything.)

once the rounds are the same # of teams, you can highlight two rounds, then fill down the rest of the way... e.g. lets say you have 30 teams... and all rounds are 30 picks the rest of the way.... highlight the 30 picks of round 3 and 4, then drag the lower right corner of that selection to cover the rest of the draft... it should add "1" to each round every 30 rows and maintain the pattern of what you have highlighted.

so, very simple to insert a "new" round 2 that can be your supplelemental round.

Also, if not obvious, delete any other changes you have made that are not "showing up" after re-importing. if they don't properly import to the game, don't leave it in the csv file. who knows if that could cause unseen problems - not likely but possible.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote