Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #21
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

i tried uploading one of the saved games and kept getting an error...ill try again..but like leaf having to do all of that is frustrating for someone that is not computer savvy.
mbaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #22
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

But to be fair to the developers, these kind of unique scenarios that dont happen to everyone especially since there could be a ton of differences in setup is like finding a needle in the haystack. If we want these type of tough issues resolved, we need to help as best as we can, even though I understand it can be frustrating at times.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #23
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

here is what happened when i went to upload my saved games to the FTP..i clearly have 4 game saves..i then went to zip them and upload to ftp and the saved game folder is EMPTY...so I go back and start the game and there they are ready to be loaded..so i dont anyone to think im being lazy..i honestly CANT pull it off
Old 10-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #24
JeffR
FHM Producer

To be sure you're looking at the right save directory, the easiest way to find it is to go to the Start screen, then Settings, then Troubleshooting, and click on Open Customizable Data Folder. With that open, you should see a saved_games directory. Your saves are in there, in individual folders that end in .lg.a

And as SlyBelle said, it can be very difficult to track down crashes that are only happening to a few people. The more saves and information we get, the easier it is to find and fix the cause.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:29 AM   #25
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Obviously there seems to be something in your setup that leads to the Sep 30th crash. If it always crashes we just need the save to look and fix it. So please upload a save and we will look.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #26
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

what do you mean by setup? in another thread i sent you the logs on these games..im not trying to be a jerk but i feel like you are blaming the victim a bit here...I am hearing "hey the game keeps crashing it must be your fault"..and "unless you send me the save you are out of luck"..well im not computer savvy and sending you a save is something ive never done...i tried to follow the directions on how to upload to your FTP and had issues...im not a big computer guy..ive tried to be an active beta tester but my skills are limited...Im telling you I have saves in both formats that crash on sept 30..and another guy posted hes dealing with the same thing...I would think you could take that information and look into it...and if its "a needle in a haystack" then maybe your haystack wasnt ready...
Old 10-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #27
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I donīt think I blamed you or anyone else for anything. With "your setup" I mean that hundreds of people donīt have this Sep 30th crash, only two have it, so something in your save is different to all others and we need to find out what. Since it does not crash on my computer, it is hard to tell without the save from you. That is why I need that save.

We can go step by step here:

Are you able to navigate to the save game folder and zip the .dat files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
what do you mean by setup? in another thread i sent you the logs on these games..im not trying to be a jerk but i feel like you are blaming the victim a bit here...I am hearing "hey the game keeps crashing it must be your fault"..and "unless you send me the save you are out of luck"..well im not computer savvy and sending you a save is something ive never done...i tried to follow the directions on how to upload to your FTP and had issues...im not a big computer guy..ive tried to be an active beta tester but my skills are limited...Im telling you I have saves in both formats that crash on sept 30..and another guy posted hes dealing with the same thing...I would think you could take that information and look into it...and if its "a needle in a haystack" then maybe your haystack wasnt ready...
Old 10-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #28
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

it would be much easier for me to change my "setup" than to figure out how to send you saves..im not trying to be difficult I have been buying OOTP since your first baseball game...I have bought everything you have on your website at least once, including the boxing game...I am a big fan of what you are trying to do...I just dont have the skills to do some of this stuff...Hell I cant even navigate the refund process!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #29
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

OK I will try to do the upload in a bit i have to leave to put daughter to school...when I get back I will try to do the process again..i failed twice yesterday
Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #30
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
OK I will try to do the upload in a bit i have to leave to put daughter to school...when I get back I will try to do the process again..i failed twice yesterday
Thanks.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:27 AM   #31
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

Alright I have uploaded 3 saves (yotes.lg, jets.lg and RANGERS.lg) all 3 crash when trying to move to next day...2 are stuck on sept 30...this is all I can do, please let me know what you think
Old 10-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #32
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

did you get those saves? im just curious if I did it right
Old 10-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #33
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Leafs2016 do you understand what beta means?
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #34
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs2016 View Post
You see it should come to this. I will try again but this me doing this chore 3 years in a row without anyone responsing to me.
But this is beta, not general release. You could wait until general release and expect to have fewer issues.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #35
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I got the 3 saves: the two saves on September 30th donīt crash on my computer, so I canīt say what is wrong. The third one (in October) was a bug and I was able to fix it.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #36
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

oh i just messaged you...well then in your opinion what could that possibly be? those games were created BEFORE the update, could that be it? I could send you my computer specs if you like, the machine is an ASUS ROG i7 with a great video card i cant imagine it could be that...but i would need to figure out if this game just doesnt work on my machine...
Old 10-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #37
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

I sent Jeff my broken save too. Didn't get a response if i did it correctly or not. I hope this csn be fixed and i don't have to start the season all over again.
Leafs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #38
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs2016 View Post
I sent Jeff my broken save too. Didn't get a response if i did it correctly or not. I hope this csn be fixed and i don't have to start the season all over again.
I just loaded your save and was able to continue it without any crash. I just got a warning that your AHL team (which you control) has no valid lines, so I went in and did this. Then I just clicked Finish Today and simulated your game against Montreal.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #39
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Update: your save did not crash on my Computer because I already had the bug fixed. So after you updated you should not see this crash anymore.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #40
mbaliya
Minors (Double A)

I have created a few more games after the update, trying out different leagues and parameters..all end the same way, crash and frustration...do you want me to send the new crashes? Im trying to use the beta phase as a testing period and not care about the games but I need to know if it is ME or the game at this point...I cant start any type of game without it crashing..I have a fairly high end machine that can play just about any game on market so im confused..i play Battlefield 1 on high and cant play this? So if you want the latest crash i can send because if its me ill get my refund and go away, if not I want to play this game...