Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #761
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

The 1975 NHL Amateur Draft has no players to chose.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #762
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs67 View Post
You need to provide more info, I guess. My 1975 drafts always had players.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #763
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
It's a problem with the 74 draft age being 19, then increasing to 20 in 75. That tends to mean all/most of the 1955-born guys get selected in 1974. I've been working on it, though, and added a bunch of the guys selected in 1975 that never played in the NHL or WHA. In testing, that stocks up the 1975 draft more fully (albeit with really bad players, not unlike the actual 1975 one.) It'll be in the next update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #764
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arca View Post
Hello, I started a new game last week and play with whl team Victoria. My game crash after 8th October when the day is in simulation and at 16%. How could you help me please?

Thank you
We'd need to have a look at your saved game. Could you upload it for us? Instructions for uploading are here, or you can zip it up and put on a filesharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and PM me the link to it.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #765
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suomyyra View Post
This has ruined too many games for me so i had to make an account. So sometimes when i make offer from free agent, it says somebody has made an better offer and that somebody is my team. I also lose the money from free agent money pool and the specific player is no more interested on signing. Here is a pic from the message i get. aijaa
Otherwise great work on this game guys.
Very strange. You're playing as a single-player game, right, not with more than one GM active?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #766
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseCredential View Post
Any update on the bug causing teams to sign and then release drafted players, primarily highly drafted prospects? Teams also seem to let high potential players go, even after good seasons, when they have adequate cap space. The problem seems to persist in every game mode for me (Historical, Created, and Regular). I posted about this a while back and JeffR said that it would be looked into. I hope it gets fixed soon.
We've got an idea on how to approach it, Markus had some useful suggestions. I need to talk to Sebastian and Malte about the exact implementation this week, we haven't had a chance to discuss the final plans for the next update since I've been back.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #767
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.arnold View Post
The player is Alexander Nylander, with dual Canadian/Swedish nationality. He was drafted in the June 2016 minors draft, so he should be in the data pool. I didn't sign him until June 2018. he was in my minors as of June 30, 2020, when he disappeared as a free agent, even though he showed as being "renewed" for 1 more year at $3000. And I was not given any option to renegotiate a renewal for him.
Do you still have the save? We'd like to have a look at that. You had all the AI-assistance settings for GM decisions turned off, I assume?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #768
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Big issue in historical game. Players are being generated with the wrong names. I was able to retrace the real player names using their birthdates.

Larry Zeidel was created as Larry Tomas
Nick Mickoski was created as Nick Vladmir

Is it possible that in certain instances players are having their family names randomly generated?
Shouldn't be. Sounds like something going seriously wrong with the indexing in the name files, can you upload the save?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #769
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldric View Post
Using a NHL game started in the previous version, the game is now crashing on January 31 in 2022.

Currently upgraded to the latest patch.

I have submitted a ticket and uploaded the Save File and the debug trace file
Got them, thanks. Looks like we've had a couple of reports of similar problems in later years around the all-star dates, we'll see what's going on.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #770
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadehariast View Post
Not sure if this has already been posted, since I only skimmed the last four pages or error reports, but wanted to bring it up.

Semi-reproducable crash:
1) Click on game report.
2) Click on a player name in the list of players from each team.
3) Click through profile screen for the player, ratings, scouting.
4) Click "Back" to return to game report.
5) Repeat a few times.

Sometimes the game will crash when you hit "Back" from a player screen to a game report. Seems to happen after you've simmed a few games and viewed a few game reports. I've only noticed it after the most recent patch. It's somewhat random-- I've had it happen after the first player I've viewed, or the fourth or fifth player I've viewed. It happens often enough to me that I've made it a habit to save my game before opening any game reports.
Nope, had some reports of issues with the back button that we couldn't reproduce, but haven't seen that specific one. I'll get a bug report in and we'll check it out.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #771
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdpm100 View Post
This is from quickstart games.

During either the save process for the quickstart or when the quickstart is loaded into a new game, one of the team names is changed to "Lausitzer Hunde". That is the only thing that is changed with new logos etc. created for the team, and it has always been the same team that is changed when I've tried it.
Strange, we'll have a look. That's one of the fake names for German teams, but I can't imagine why it's showing up there.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #772
Bat Boy

Fired my coach in off season, hired a new coach.

6-2-0, 8 games in, a news article came out talking about coaching changes, after each loss.
1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #773
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Shouldn't be. Sounds like something going seriously wrong with the indexing in the name files, can you upload the save?

Created an incident and uploaded a save. In that save Jean Beliveau was created as Jean Le Gros Bill... looks like the issue is somehow linked to nicknames. I'm not able to consistently reproduce the issue though.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #774
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Interference

how can you get an interference penalty against you when you have the puck and skating towards the opposing goal?
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #775
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Strange, we'll have a look. That's one of the fake names for German teams, but I can't imagine why it's showing up there.
Jeff I want to jump on that too I have one showing up with the german name that should not be. I have the quickstart ready to go for everyone just tell me how....
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:27 PM   #776
yaremchuk
Bat Boy

I'm not sure if this is something to do with the settings or not. I'm playing historical mode, starting in 1992.

Each year the AI controlled teams sign nearly all of their potential UFAs to contracts before July 1st. As a result, there are only a handful of lesser players (<2.5 stars) available to sign.

Just to see, I went into commissioner mode and manually released a few 4+ star players from a few teams so that they became free agents. I simmed through the summer and no one signed any of the quality players that were available as free agents. Only a handful of offer sheets were signed for RFAs.

Each team has money for FAs available, and has been signing their own draft picks from the entry draft that year.
yaremchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #777
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm getting this as well, just since the last update.

I started in 1979, and the first two drafts (80 and 81) had their classes load up perfectly. In 1982, I had some very interesting names - Bob Errey became Bob Big Indian. Dave Ellett became Dave The Lion, Scott Shaunessy became Scott Edmonton Express, etc. Almost all of the European guys had mangled names, including all of the former USSR (now Russia) guys, if that helps at all.

I've manually gone in and fixed them, using Hockey Reference, going alphabetically, it doesn't take long, but hopefully something you guys can get fixed.

On an interesting note - noticed Mark Jooris is in the game as a 1964 b-day (1982 draft), despite never making it to the NHL. He played in Finland and AHL, as well as Canadian National Team, but never NHL.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:14 AM   #778
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaremchuk View Post
I'm not sure if this is something to do with the settings or not. I'm playing historical mode, starting in 1992.

Each year the AI controlled teams sign nearly all of their potential UFAs to contracts before July 1st. As a result, there are only a handful of lesser players (<2.5 stars) available to sign.

Just to see, I went into commissioner mode and manually released a few 4+ star players from a few teams so that they became free agents. I simmed through the summer and no one signed any of the quality players that were available as free agents. Only a handful of offer sheets were signed for RFAs.

Each team has money for FAs available, and has been signing their own draft picks from the entry draft that year.

Strange, people make offers on my RFA guys all the time. I do agree that no one makes it to FA, other than the dregs of the league, but when I leave guys unsigned, they get offers. Do your players in that circumstance?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #779
JJ Lehto
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
In my games so far, there have been no players to draft in 1967, 1972 nor 1973 (NHL & WHA).
JJ Lehto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #780
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1025 View Post
Fired my coach in off season, hired a new coach.

6-2-0, 8 games in, a news article came out talking about coaching changes, after each loss.
Sounds like the offseason firing might not have been noted properly by the system that regulates when coach replacement speculation begins, we'll check into that. Had you seen any articles talking about coaching changes prior to firing the previous guy?