Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:40 AM   #1
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

How do you increase talent leaguewide?

Lets say I wanted to create a league where every player is generated with mike trout and clayton kershaw type of ability. What settings would I adjust to achieve this?
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
Mets52
Minors (Double A)

Probably could jack the player creation modifiers to an ungodly number. They're like 1.000 by default I think if you start in modern era, make it 100.000 and see what happens.

Last edited by Mets52; 05-09-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Mets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

look forward to the first 100 HR season

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets52 View Post
Probably could jack the player creation modifiers to an ungodly number. They're like 1.000 by default I think if you start in modern era, make it 100.000 and see what happens.
Alright I'll give this a shot. Should be interesting if nothing else.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Lol I bumped it to 1000 this league is crazy now lol this is awesome! I wonder if there is a max on how high you can set it.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Hmm I'm not sure what happened. The first few years you had a guy bat .496 now 10 years in the league stats are normal even with the player creation modifier at 1000.????
Old 05-09-2018, 07:32 PM   #7
jerichoalar
Bat Boy

I mean, crazy batters vs crazy pitchers and crazy fielders probably still evens out to around .300 babip.
jerichoalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

ratings and resulting stats influence each other but you can normalize stats to any level of talent.

if you increase talent too much, the curve gets very flat. if ~everyone is supposed to hit 50hr, you need the correct modifiers for that -- normally i wouldn't suggest a new set of totals, but in this specific case it might be worth it.

so, PCM will definitely raise the bar, and you'd want to change the HR modifier by an amount that makes common sense to size of league and how many extra home runs you need for all that extra power.

otherwise, it'll just disperse the ~6k or whatever the total is with modifiers "autocalculated" to be callibrated within reason amongst players based on relevant factors like power. if they all have ~max and max+ power, it'll be a fairly even split with little stratification.

if you tinker with this... simply autocalculate before 1 game is played (opening day or day before). now it's ~callibrated based on current talent to 'likely' hit the league totals HR. you want double? double that resulting modifier. trial and error after that to get it to where you want with something as custom as this. try to adjust one thing at a time. as long as a future league uses same settings, it should translate well. (# of teams, # of draftees, created players etc etc)

more talent other ways:
try increasing # of scouting discoveries, # of IAFA created july 2nd, even have 5-10 extra rounds of draft players created above # of rounds.

just with ~default settings, you should be able for find a mike trout-esque player for every position and likely duplicates for 1b, corner OF etc... sometimes a bit sparse on SS/cf/c with plus defense, but likely one with nearly average defense or better. that's with a 30t mlb-like league / 35round draft with 40 rds created... larger ML league = more talent, in my experience. had a 40T league once and it was culture shock moving back to a 30T leauge draft.

scouting typically hides a large portion of them until they near the MLB and a few years under their belt in the MiL. i bet they are there but you can't see them, yet. sometimes it is feast or famine and more so with a smaller league..

Last edited by NoOne; 05-09-2018 at 10:16 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #9
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichoalar View Post
I mean, crazy batters vs crazy pitchers and crazy fielders probably still evens out to around .300 babip.
Yeah I checked and maybe 98% have ratings on average of about 240 out of 250. And whats interesting is pitchers at the top average about 8 war and top hitters 5 war. Top batting average is about 300. Top homerun leader is low 30's