Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #1
seven
All Star Reserve

Playoff tiebreaker application

In my simulation of the 2017-18 NHL season, there was a close race in the Western conference for the last wild card playoff spot (see below). FHM4 selected Minnesota to make it to the playoffs, leaving Winnipeg out in the cold. Both teams had the same number of points in the standings, but Winnipeg should have been in the playoffs by the first NHL tiebreaker (number of regulation and overtime wins).

Notice that Minnesota is listed as having 6 shootout wins, meaning that they ended with 43-6 = 37 ROW (actually when I checked Minnesota's schedule of games, they in fact had 8, not 6, shootout wins, so it appears there may be an error in computing SOW as well). Winnipeg had 5 SOW (I checked and this value is correct), so their ROW was 46-5 = 41, so they should have beaten out Minnesota for the last wild card spot. (Arizona was 3rd in the Pacific division, so they were in the playoffs by virtue of finishing in the top 3 in their division; Chicago was the other wild card team).
Attached Images
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:58 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

That's a regular 2017-18 start, right, not historical or fictional mode in 2017-18? Odd, I was just looking at the way the game was handling tiebreakers while I was working on something else, and it seemed to be doing it properly.

Can you upload the save? In addition to the tiebreaker, whatever caused the incorrect shootout record for Minnesota will need to be checked as well.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #3
seven
All Star Reserve

Yes, this was a regular, new 2017-18 season start. I can send the save in a day or two as I’m away from my computer at present.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
seven
All Star Reserve

The save has now been uploaded.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:37 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thanks. The shootout records were correct, though - I think you included the 2 shootout wins Minnesota had in the preseason when you counted them. Definitely something wrong with Winnipeg not making the playoffs, though, we'll have to investigate that further.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
seven
All Star Reserve

Yes, I must have failed to notice those two games were preseason. Thanks for investigating the rest.