Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #121
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Being able to edit the text files (names, injuries, nations, cities) files at any time, and have them take effect, so that these could change through the history of the game.
I'd really love to be able to edit the nations.txt file at the least, so you can raise/lower nation levels as time goes on in your universe.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #122
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Nothing big here, but they would be nice to have back.

On the standings page...put the individual league leaders in BA, HR, RBI, Runs, SB, Wins, Saves, ERA, Strikeouts, hitting streaks...like you did in previous versions.

It was one of my most used screens.

On the main game play screen, put both the batter info and the pitcher info on the same screen...don't make us toggle.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #123
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

$0.02

I miss the odd guy coming out of retirement! I would hope we could advance this into enticing a guy back. Maybe tied into loyalty and or the cities nations thing? (and of course $$$$!)

Also the game looking at the last few years of stats was good. Maybe it could use those to ease the curve on older guys stats dropping like a rock.

The 6.51 interface for moving/deleting players seemed much easier as did the changing of txt files with names and injuries.
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM   #124
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate
Hi Markus, great new game, the one feature I miss is being told when my player is ready to come off the DL.....Thanks
This and the minor league report that suggested which guys to move up/down would be great.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #125
TigersFan23
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to see the return of the "Exhibition Game" feature that allows people to just select two teams for a quick, non-league game.
TigersFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #126
waltwa
All Star Reserve

quick rating of a player

whether it is a star system or something else, i want a quick way to rate a player at a glance. then if i am trading him or for him i will always check his ratings and stats much more deeply. this is very important if you are playing in online leagues.
waltwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #127
DevilRayJM
Minors (Single A)

1)I'd really like to see the scouting commentaries, I think it really game a human touch. I know they arent as acurate as the ratings. But it gives the game and the players some personality. It was cool to see a scout say that a player was going to be a huge star, or was will never be anything more than a bench warmer, and then be proved wrong.

2) I'd also like to se the Minors Report that tells you that a player is ready to be promoted or not ready to play at a certain level.

I know you can make these decisions best using the ratings and stats. But the interaction of these gives the game a human touch.

I really enjoy when the game and scouts have "written" reports and comments. Don't get me wrong, I love the depth of ratings and stats, but I don't want the direction of the game to evolve to far towards a pure spreadsheet analysis. It's not there now, but the decision to leave these out took away from the human side of the game IMHO

thanks
JM

Markus, and witwerk8267's Avitar
DevilRayJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #128
Dogzilla
Major Leagues

The ability to set frequency of foreign players with a free numerical value (like the way the names.txt file works) rather than 0-5.
Dogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #129
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

sound

clear player history
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #130
sfgiants88
All Star Reserve

Most importantly:

-STARS (please)

At the very least, show overall/potential ratings if scouting is turned off and make these sortable in appropriate screens.

-The option to play out games like we did in 6.5 - setting strategy but not being relegated to pitch-by-pitch

Other Things:

-The league leaders in various categories on the standings page
-Exhibition Games
-Player Popularity
sfgiants88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #131
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Do you know why they took out the stars?

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #132
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Milestones and the stopping of sims to watch a no hitter or 3 hr game.

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #133
brookslag
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btheflash
'erase all career stats'

and

'delete all players'

Also, whenever you exit the game, the 'historical player import options' are re-set to the defaults.

It would be helpful if the options would stay where you set them.

'Milestone watch' was pretty good

and the Team Focus
The 'delete all players' would be great (seems simple to implement, too).

The reason: When creating a new fictional universe with the intention of using "real" rosters (such as CubbyFan/Rolen) for an initial player draft, you'd need to delete all computer-generated fictional players before importing your selected rosters. Of course, you can delete one by one, but that takes about 700 hours.

Thanks, Marcus. You really are doing a great job and have created an excellent game that I'm sure will only get better!
brookslag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:05 AM   #134
Cork55
All Star Starter

I would love to see the ability to have a simple pregame introduction. Something like...

"Welcome to Miller Park for todays game between the Milwaukee Brewers and the Chicago Cubs.

On the mound for Milwaukee will be Joe Blow who is 10-5 on the year.

John Doe who is 5-2 will take the hill for Chicago.
"

Some sort of pregame event for the PbP system would be great. We could then customize it to our liking and Markus would have to do minimal work.

The game sort of has an abrupt start to it when playing out a game and a pregame intro would sure be a nice way to transition into the game.

-Cork55
Cork55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #135
adichiara
Minors (Double A)

- Stars

- Trade Block, shop player
adichiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:57 AM   #136
smeyers003
Major Leagues

Don't know if this is in here yet but throw the Record Book back in this game. What good is that massive Almanac-Cato hybrid if it doenst have team and league records at easy disposal. Also Progressive Leaderboards would be a great addition helps add some mystique to the history of a league.
smeyers003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #137
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeyers003
Don't know if this is in here yet but throw the Record Book back in this game. What good is that massive Almanac-Cato hybrid if it doenst have team and league records at easy disposal. Also Progressive Leaderboards would be a great addition helps add some mystique to the history of a league.
Team and League records ARE easily accessible, however the single game records would be nice....(though low on my priority list)
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #138
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyros
*Rookie records and the ability to erase them
*Milestones
*Rare-Feats
*Projected Stats
*Shop player option
*Single Game Records (< This is VERY important. And I would like the ability to clear/erase the rookies ones for first year leagues)
*League Financial reports (where all the teams financial numbers are ranked)
*Post-season leaderboards (not sure if this was in 6.5 but I thought I'd add it in anyways, lol).
*E-mails telling when a player is ready to activate from the DL list. (got this from Mister Bogart)
*E-mails from players announcing their impending retirement. (got this from Mister Bogart)
*E-mails from players complaining about playing time etc. (got this from Mister Bogart)
*Injuries in the news articles. (got this from Mister Bogart)

Oh and Markus, are you going to add the coach naming convention such as coach_#? This way player photos do not show up for managers and coaches, ect.

Ang hey Markus....thanks for asking. It's show you do listen and care.
Why do I feel as if most of these posts will go unread? Not because Markus or Marc doesn't care but because there is just so much to read that at some point Markus will have to say to himself, "STOP, thats it"! So what I tried to do was put together some ideas I had along with some other ideas others had thought about that I think are the most missed from 6.5.

Markus, if you do read this let me tell you this little part of history of how I came to know OOTPB;

I was a PuresimBB guy for a very long time. Way before Shaun went to Matrix. However, when you released OOTPB6.5 I read the features involved and immidiately bought the game (of course I had to buy v6 first but then I purchased 6.5 right away). The new features in v6.5 , imho, were outstanding. Milestones, rare-feats, shop player, ect. There were even statistical data that was being kept before 6.5 came along such as single game records and rookie records but in PS I was keeping track a lot of stats by hand (or actually in MS access database as I just typed in the stats manually). Once 6.5 was released I became aquianted with Catobase and although I had seen the abilities that Catobase had due to reading dynasties on the ootpb forums I was completley "floored" when I actually fired up the utility and see first hand what it could do. So, having said all of that - I purchased your game OOTPB6 & 6.5 for the features and customizable options. Then Catobase just pretty much put the "stamp" on the deal, so to speak.

Of ourse then ironically the same features I bought 6.5 for were left out and of course I knew it was due to the re-write of the game ,ect. So coming from a guy who was converted to OOTPB by 6.5 and Catobase alone I was half & half when OOTPB2006 was released. LOL, I had the new SION almanac that took over the tasks of Catobase but then all of the other features that were in 6.5 were gone. So I plead with you my friend - please try to get them back into 2006.

End of story. And cheers M8!.

Last edited by Kyros; 06-29-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:17 AM   #139
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattymo
Being able to sort using last year's stats would be nice as well.
This is in, along with the previous year too.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:27 AM   #140
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyros
Why do I feel as if most of these posts will go unread?
Look, man. You need to chill a little here. You want the next patch, I understand that. You are very disappointed that a lot of things from 6.5 haven't made it into this version yet. But at least give the guy a week or so to talk about what's in the patch and when it'll be ready to get on the front office's case. What would you rather have, Markus coding or Markus talking to the board? I know what I'd rather have, and I know how addictive other people can be than to even demand that he come out of hiding for the 5 minutes a day it would take to respond to 5% of the posts addressed to him.

One of the stranger things I noticed recently... in that "will you preorder next year" thread, we saw a significant majority vote "yes" in one form or another once more. I think people are starting to get used to the UI and the size and are beginning to discover just how deep of a game this is. I'm even seeing guys on the FOFC boards say "this isn't as bad as it was 3 weeks ago", which is amazing.

I'm not saying the game is perfect now or will be after patch 2, and I'm not saying that your gripes are not legitimate. Just... chill, man. Take a look at the bigger picture. Come mid-August you'll be OOTPerizing as hard as me and won't even remember your own name, let alone Markus's.
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote