Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

a few observations

ive noticed that some news items only show up on the league home news screen, but not at all under the manager news. this happens with things like the season preview.

waivers are a mess, to me, right now. i could be wrong, but i thought that a team could only claim 1 player per 24 hours. as it is now one team could claim every player if it so chose. as has been stated elsewhere, highly rated players are going unclaimed. and lastly, id love to see a news alert when players are on waivers. right now it a bit too stealthy. if you sim multiple days ahead, you never see who is waived.

i like the improved scouting, but have a few suggestions. id like to be able to send a scout on an assignment for a full season, rather than having it max out at 16 weeks. id also like to be able to see a list of the scouted players, maybe sorted by scout? finally, scouting the nhl draft is awkward. maybe it would be possible to scout the draft ranking list?

as always, id love a better search function and an way to offer a player to the league as a whole. i think the way that ootp does it is interesting.

on the whole though, the latest patch looks great and has done much to improve the playability of the game.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I've asked the guys for a new custom default view for the draft screen; the ones available now, particularly the default, have some information that's not really useful for draft purposes, while skipping other stuff, like height and weight, that is. And I requested that the sort order be saved - it's annoying to sort them by potential and then lose the sort when you switch the view to stats or ratings.

Putting a player on the trading block will, effectively, offer him to the league as a whole. The result isn't immediate, but he gets extra consideration when the AI teams check to see if they should make a deal.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
And I requested that the sort order be saved - it's annoying to sort them by potential and then lose the sort when you switch the view to stats or ratings.
How about introducing that concept into the whole game? It's one of the most annoying things that you can't switch between screens without losing your sorting.

Btw: I requested this regulary starting a year ago and never got a response Maybe this is the time

Edit: Okay, I apologize. It was actually introduced for some screens (your roster for example). That's a start.

Last edited by pens66; 03-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote