Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #21
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

To be fair, just about every company is going to spin everything they do as a big success... especially tech/software. It doesn't mean that they internally view it the same way.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #22
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Why is it such a secret and no one can know when the patch is coming out? Like the above said-it's highly successful.
Because they want it to be more polished than before and limit the ranting a bit which didn´t work out quite well

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #23
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Well,alot of people here are left in the dark(concerning time table on new patch) because they are close or all ready have completed seasons and don't want too start another one because a new patch could be released at any time.

They might be having a hard time getting everything too work since it sounds like the new patch will be bigger than the other ones.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-08-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #24
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Well,alot of people here are left in the dark(concerning time table on new patch) because they are close or all ready have completed seasons and don't want too start another one because a new patch could be released at any time.

They might be having a hard time getting everything too work since it sounds like the new patch will be bigger than the other ones.
I´ve stopped playing too atm as i´m very into the historical mode where there are a few major bugs which are making the game a bit less enjoyable right now.
Nevertheless i don´t have any problem that this rather huge update takes longer and will be more polished than others if (and it will) that means the game is ironed out to a certain degree and future updates will therefore take less effort and time by the devs side.
Patience is not an issue right now as the Olympic tournament gets in full gear soon and i can´t wait Vanek, Raffl, Grabner and Nödl taking Team Canada apart .... LMAO

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 02-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Today is the last day for NHL play for awhile. Sounds like this will be the last time the NHL shuts down in the middle of the season.

I will have to stomach the NBA for the next few weeks.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #26
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Patience is not an issue right now as the Olympic tournament gets in full gear soon and i can´t wait Vanek, Raffl, Grabner and Nödl taking Team Canada apart .... LMAO
HAHA!! But what can I say, my Germans didn't even qualify. German hockey is in a sad, sad state.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #27
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
HAHA!! But what can I say, my Germans didn't even qualify. German hockey is in a sad, sad state.
....and - that´s the most important fact: eliminated by us Austrians ... sweetest win in years

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 02-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #28
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

The more I think about what Sebastian said about zones and action moving in one-second increments and the like -- and the more I play with the current build and see scoring chances at opposite ends two seconds apart -- the more I think this sounds more like a new game than a patch. If everything he mentioned is going in the next build, it might be a while. Just my guess.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #29
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

"(Last) Accessed: November 27, 2013 7:59:56 AM"

'Nough said..

When handling customer service with a struggling product etc. Make sure to set realistic expectations for the consumer. If your average wait time on hold for a phone call is 3 minutes, tell the customer it'll be 5, just in case. If the wait is 20 minutes for a table at your restaurant tell them it'll be 30.

If you are going to update people who feel you've failed at communication, tell your customers you'll update them weekly, and then deliver 3 or 4 updates....

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 02-08-2014 at 10:46 PM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #30
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Well, we're back to where we were ...

... lots of promises that it will all be better from now on, and back to the awful mess that it was before.

There still are some guys out there defending this game, something that I did for a long time, too - but simply let's face the cold facts:

The beta was released about a year ago with a set date for release of the game on September 3rd

The game was released on that day, but it was far from what you'd expect from a final version (No, I'm not talking about some ratings stuff or things that will need to be fine-tuned over several versions, I'm talking about bascic things).

Since September 3 we got the grand total of 2 patches (I don't count the "mac patch" here) - just in comparison today the 7th patch of OOTP14 was released.

Honestly, I can't see any reasons why anybody still is defending this game - I'm sure these guys work hard on this game, but it's about time to put something on the table.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #31
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

I am truly looking forward to the patch. The problem is at this time I feel more like I am waiting for the release of the game all over again rather than a patch.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #32
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

The best part I love about the game is in commish mode u can edit the contracts and rosters for real life look as u play... And make cap changes and roater and standing changes as well can't wait to see what other awesome ideas FHM has up their sleeves
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Well, we're back to where we were ...

... lots of promises that it will all be better from now on, and back to the awful mess that it was before.

There still are some guys out there defending this game, something that I did for a long time, too - but simply let's face the cold facts:

The beta was released about a year ago with a set date for release of the game on September 3rd

The game was released on that day, but it was far from what you'd expect from a final version (No, I'm not talking about some ratings stuff or things that will need to be fine-tuned over several versions, I'm talking about bascic things).

Since September 3 we got the grand total of 2 patches (I don't count the "mac patch" here) - just in comparison today the 7th patch of OOTP14 was released.

Honestly, I can't see any reasons why anybody still is defending this game - I'm sure these guys work hard on this game, but it's about time to put something on the table.

They are either having all kinds of problems and can't correct them or on the verge on sending a Godsend(all editors turned on and expansion available for every season,including historical).