Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 11-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #1
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 6 crash is fix solution

goto post #42 here...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...6&postcount=42

it works very well..hopefully Markus see it and we dont have to do it manually everytime a new patch comes out

Last edited by jbmagic; 11-02-2004 at 01:07 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
DougWyatt
All Star Starter

That's cool, thanks. Works for me too (had it working before though, just had to turn the in game sounds off in the game setup).

What would be a real cool fix though, is if we could use the sounds and the game not crash. Hmm, maybe I'm asking too much.
DougWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:35 PM   #3
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWyatt
That's cool, thanks. Works for me too (had it working before though, just had to turn the in game sounds off in the game setup).

What would be a real cool fix though, is if we could use the sounds and the game not crash. Hmm, maybe I'm asking too much.
that fix above you can have sound on....follow the instructions exactly on that link above...
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
DougWyatt
All Star Starter

yeah, i tried it, and it still crashed

Am I the only one ?

PS .. Strange, I also noticed that the configuration was for OOTP 5
DougWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWyatt
yeah, i tried it, and it still crashed

Am I the only one ?

PS .. Strange, I also noticed that the configuration was for OOTP 5
Do it again and then restart your PC.

If not do the following:

What version of the game are you running (6.10, 6.11, ect)?

What I would do is this:
Backup/Save the following which is located in your OOTP folder -
* any folder that you may have customized yourself (i.e. graphics folder, HTML folder, ect)

Then the following:
* - Unlicense (not sure if this step has to be taken but I always do this just incase.)
* - Uninstall the game
* - Go to your OOTPD folder (whereever it is installed *C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Development - for example* and delete the folder. I say this because since the MLB installer adds its own files these WILL NOT get deleted by the uninstaller in the game. You MUST delete this folder yourself)
* - Restart your PC
* - Reinstall OOTP6 with 6.11 as the main installer and NOT the patch, This can be found at the OOTP6 home
here .

Its 25megs so if you are on dial-up it may be awhile.

* - Reinstall any installer/mod you used (the MLB installer,ect)
* - Do all nesessry things the installer asks (I say this becasue I have never used the MLB installer)

Why do I think this may work?
Because I had the same problem you decribed once before but with a few different things happening because my season was done already and I just started a new one. By uninstalling OOTP6 and then reinstalling with 6.11 as the MAIN installer as I have mentioned above, everything worked fine.

Then do what post #42 said http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...6&postcount=42

See if that helps.

Installing the 6.11 as the main installer and not as a patch has helped others I have talked to as well.

NOTE: Remember to restart your PC after clean install, and enabling the Direct3D options in the Game Config.

Last edited by Deitrus; 11-02-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Deitrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
Anachronism
All Star Reserve

Deitrus - I do not know why, but this seems to have greatly improved my crashes... before I would crash in a test league 4 out of 5 times... now I can crash my system at will (or not)

Markus, Henry, Steve, Sporr.... please take note:

I can now crash my games AT WILL.

Here is what I noticed. After performing all the tasks as Deitrus has outlined, I decided to test the game. So far I have played 20 games, and I crashed only once. But I did notice something with the game that crashed in regard sound... so I recreated that instance and low and behold my game crashed again. I tried it again - and it crashed again. I then avoided the sound issue, and the game was successful.

What I noticed is that every now and then when playing a game the "background crowd loop" is almost silent - you can barely hear it. When this happens, if I sim a game to the 9th inning or finish the game it has ALWAYS crashed - 100% successful crash rate. Now... if during the game the crowd background loop suddenly pops up to full volume (which normally will happen around the 2nd inning) and THEN I sim the game to the end - no crash 100% of the time.

So I can now make my system crash simply be listening to what the background crowd loop will do....

This is on XP Pro SP2, DX9.0c, P4, 512MB and tons of free HDD space....

(Thanks Deitrus... I will continue to test the league out to make sure there are no other rogue crashes, and that indeed I can control the crashing by listening to the background loop! I may finally be able to turn sound on again!)
Old 11-02-2004, 08:13 PM   #7
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Sorry to hear that. Like I said, this has helped out a few leagues and people but I do suppose that some people will still have issues. I do believe (firmly) that it (the crashing problem) is a DirectX issue.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #8
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

OK, now it has happend again. My league totals for that game were not recorded and it shows that I played the game but records for that games such as stats/win/loss was not recorded. I am getting VERY pissed off about this.

This is not right. Markus, you have to do something about this. Now I have to restart the damn season.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:11 PM   #9
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

What is REALLY weird is that in the box or games logs it shows I played Louisville but I actually played MIL.

Man, this really sucks big time. This aint right. I usually am very good about issues but I have had to restart my second season in my league at least 4 times until I THOUGHT I found a fix. Boy, was I way off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:15 PM   #10
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Well, I just did a test and now I am in the same boat as the rest of you. I can play but with NO in game sound. WTH.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #11
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Didnt work.

Last edited by Deitrus; 11-04-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:35 PM   #12
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

This fix didnt work either. Edited post

Last edited by Deitrus; 11-04-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:37 PM   #13
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Forget it. I'm not trying to fix this anymore. I shouldnt have to. This fix didnt work either.

Last edited by Deitrus; 11-04-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #14
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Any statement from anyone in control/charge as to what we can do to stop the crashing (besides not playing with sound on)?

Im sorry but this really sucks. I usually do not complain about things on this board but for about the last 4 weeks I have been trying to come up with a "fix" and I finally thought I found one. I was wrong. I lost a season because games/totals were not tallied up in the standings. So please OOTPD, do not take my posts as bashing the company. I fully support your work but this problem is a big one.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #15
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

I can certainly understand your frustration, but by everything I've seen this is an extremely rare problem. Does this happen with ANY league or with just this particular league you keep referring to?
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:36 PM   #16
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Thanks for replying Steve.

It happens in every league. They are all fictional & solo. I use no add-ons except for stadiums and team logos.

I am really stumped. I really thought that I had this problem solved. Then in game 12 in my second year after playing out the game (i.e. pitch by pitch for example, as I always do) the game will try to generate the game log and then it crahses (where you get that pop up saying that OOTP needs to close, ect). It then crashes. When I open up the league, the game was played just as I did BUT the game does not showed up being played in the standings. Now I am one game behind in the standings (as is the other team who played me). The weird thing is, I go to open up the game log or box score and it says that I played a completly different team. I do use stickware, HOWEVER, I tried it without using stickware and I just used the games automated schedule but the same thing happends.

Again, I really do apologize for ranting as I am not that type of person but I have had to start over at least 4 times now and some guys in my league looked to have break out seasons, ect. When I have to start over it just seems like a game to me (which in reality it is) but this SIM is more a hobby than a game. May sound crazy but its true.

EDIT:

My system specs:

Win XP Pro SP2
120gig HD with 92 gigs free
ATI Radeon 9800 (with new updated drivers. Note: this also happend before the driver update).
Audigy 2 Platinum with updated drivers
Direct 9.0c
Microsoft Jet 4.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft MDAC 2.7
Microsoft Framework.NET 1.1

Last edited by Deitrus; 11-05-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:15 AM   #17
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Have you tried changing the browser that the game uses to open the boxscores with? It is in "game setup" dropdown menu item.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:23 AM   #18
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuffrey
Have you tried changing the browser that the game uses to open the boxscores with? It is in "game setup" dropdown menu item.

Yes, I have tried all the possible solutions posted here as well:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=83152
Old 11-06-2004, 02:28 PM   #19
Deitrus
All Star Reserve

Any chance that Markus could possibly tell us what could be causing this? I ask because its possible that someone here might be able to help out on this issue if we knew more. I firmly believe that it is a directx issue. I think there is a conflict between OOTP6 and directx 9.0b/c.

EDIT:
Not trying to push the issue perse but this is a problem that more than just a few people are running into. I will not even attempt to try to play again until this issue can be resolved. Some will say thats my loss but thats fine. I want to play with sound on because OOTP gives me that ability but I cannot techincally do it because its impossible w/o a crash.

Last edited by Deitrus; 11-06-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #20
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

I will send the link to him but can't promise anything.