Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 09-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #41
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Theman
I saw one of the posters mentioned that programs installed after SP2 would then be "gone" - has anyone else experienced anything like this if they've removed SP2?
i havent rolled back personally. but a few threads at the support forums for my laptop manufacturer say that SOME programs may be removed, but they havent been able to figure out why some and not others.

edit: sorry Dan, after i pressed submit and read i realized this post doesnt help at all.

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517

Last edited by disposableheros; 09-27-2004 at 05:39 PM. Reason: being a dumbass
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #42
MidnightPyro
Minors (Triple A)

Upgraded to Service Pack 2, and I'm having the exact same problem. It is sort of frustrating, but now I know the sound is what's causing it atleast, so I won't have to throw things at the screen.
MidnightPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:36 AM   #43
Cooker
All Star Reserve

Running XP Home Edition, my home computer downloaded an update and when I went to install it I realized the update was SP2, the same one that caused others so many problems with OOTP. (Thanks goodness I read these boards religiously!) So I didn't install SP2. Now every time I start my compter I get the little popup in the corner telling me I have updates ready to install. I keep ignoring it.

Unlike some, I really like the sound in OOTP. I'm not very technological and I'm not sure I need SP2. So I think I should just delete the update for SP2 if it makes OOTP have problems. Does that sound right to anyone else? I'm interested in the thoughts of people who are smarter than me.
Cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #44
Anachronism
All Star Reserve

You'll need to move to SP2 eventually. It contains several patches to known exploits and improves the security of XP. All future patches will be based on XP SP2, so you could end up with a very outdated an insecure OS fairly soon.

It also makes great improvements to IE...

It's a toss us for now... but know that eventually, you'll need to install it.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #45
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Microsoft just pushed back the forced adoption time for SP2. You can put off installing it for a few more months if you want to (and I will). I'm in no hurry myself.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #46
TC Dale
Global Moderator

OK guys, one of the "experts" I follow regularly has a website that has a LOT of links about XP SP 2 and some workarounds and things to try if you run into problems with the latest and greatest from Windows. Try 60 links for your use!

Now this newsletter is called Scot's Newsletter, and the link for the multi resources for SP 2 help and hints, tips, and where to go for more information is here: http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/best_of/xpsp2links.htm

If you find something useful, sign up and get his HTML newsletter. http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/subcenter/subscribe.htm

I get straight facts from him and his forum about all sorts of issues, Windows, Linux and such. Tell him tcdale sent you.

I hope you guys find some help, and some reference for anything you might need. Look around, and subscribe. There is a wealth of information that can be used for beginners and advanced alike.

TC
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:55 AM   #47
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Could those who had this problem confirm that the 6.10 update fixes it?

Thanks!
jmm8356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:37 PM   #48
Erik W.
Global Moderator

My problem started before I installed SP2, and continued after I uninstalled SP2. I think the problem was related to DX 9c, not directly SP2. But... Yes it's fixed!

Sound works just fine for me now

Edit: *sigh* I was wrong. Still happening. I thought it was fixed the first time because I loaded up my test league, played the first out of the game, simmed to the 9th, then simmed through the end. The box score loaded fine. When I realized what I had done, I went back and made sure the last out was played out instead of simmed, and sure enough, it crashed.

I dunno what to do. It's happening with both 5 and 6, and like I've said and no one has had an answer for, started BEFORE I installed SP2, and continued after I uninstalled it. I've upgraded my video and sound drivers. I dunno what else I can do since everyone is/was locked in this "IT'S EVIL SP2!" mode and won't do anything besides blame it on that.

Last edited by Erik W.; 10-14-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Erik W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #49
deadringer
All Star Reserve

I'm running 6.10 and still crashing! And I updated my drivers. This started with the SP2 but I still have it with the 6.10. Any suggestions?
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:21 PM   #50
VoteQuimby
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Turn off sound and use external browser (in setup). This worked with 6.03 (haven't installed 6.10 yet so don't know if it works).

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
VoteQuimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #51
Erik W.
Global Moderator

Yeah, I can play fine with sound off. Just had gotten my hopes up that I could finally play with sound again. *pout*
Erik W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #52
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer
I'm running 6.10 and still crashing! And I updated my drivers. This started with the SP2 but I still have it with the 6.10. Any suggestions?

i think best way is to unistall the game, delete C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6 folder

then do a full install of 6.10

i have sp2 no problems
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:02 PM   #53
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i think best way is to unistall the game, delete C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6 folder

then do a full install of 6.10

i have sp2 no problems
I've already done a complete uninstall/reinstall of 6.10, no effect.
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #54
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

I just did a test and crashed as well with in game sound enabled. Turning off the sound appears to take care of the problem, however it would be great if a fix could be found. There has to be some other factors as well as some people with SP2 are having no problems. All this said it really isn't too big of a deal to play with sound off...
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Dargone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:55 PM   #55
przy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
My problem started before I installed SP2, and continued after I uninstalled SP2. I think the problem was related to DX 9c, not directly SP2. But... Yes it's fixed!

Sound works just fine for me now

Edit: *sigh* I was wrong. Still happening. I thought it was fixed the first time because I loaded up my test league, played the first out of the game, simmed to the 9th, then simmed through the end. The box score loaded fine. When I realized what I had done, I went back and made sure the last out was played out instead of simmed, and sure enough, it crashed.

I dunno what to do. It's happening with both 5 and 6, and like I've said and no one has had an answer for, started BEFORE I installed SP2, and continued after I uninstalled it. I've upgraded my video and sound drivers. I dunno what else I can do since everyone is/was locked in this "IT'S EVIL SP2!" mode and won't do anything besides blame it on that.
I do believe you probably have found the problem. I am running directx 9.0c as well and the new patch does not solve anything.
przy is offline   Reply With Quote