Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-21-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Patch 6.01 Bug Issuses Go Here

So now Patch 6.01 is out...have you guys found any more Bugs in OOTP 6?

If so please list in here...This will Make it easy For Markus to see in one thread.,..

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
rbhollow63
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pinch hitting for DH bug

I just installed the latest OOTP6 patch and now whenever I try to pinch hit for my DH it shows the pinch hitter in the line-up but the original DH still at the plate. It also shows the original DH during that at bat. On the following at bat it changes to the pinch hitter. Could someone else try an experiment to see if theirs is doing the same thing? Thanks.

**My solo league is on hold until this is resolved...
rbhollow63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

The "search by ratings" is still not functional when using speed, fielding, or other old 1-5 (or a-e) ratings after their scale has been changed (to 1-100, for instance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun
Dan Theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
Spanky
Major Leagues

New patch did not help me ... I can only play about 7 games before league schedule blanks out for "todays" games. No option is available to "Play" more games after 1st week of scheduled games. I'm very disappointed as I've written many msg to point out this problem and from the many posts on the boards, I thought others mentioned the same or near same problem. I'm on the sidelines for now and down for the count.
Help!

Spanky
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:32 AM   #5
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Patch has not fixed all player trade crashes. It now crashes when you are looking at the other team's offers, you click on add player and see their roster and then go to look at the individual player cards.

All the other trade crashes appear to be fixed, but not when you drill down to look at the cards like this. It crashes every time.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:33 AM   #6
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Also, the option to see play by play at the bottom is not really a fix because the display is not big enough for the entire string of text.

Can you make the font larger in the left box?
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:44 AM   #7
dougtimms
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On the League Schedule screen, when you place your mouse over the ">" arrow, the mouseover text says: "Displays the schedule for the previous day", and the mouseover on the "<" arrow says "Displays the schedule for the next day"

I think they should be reversed.
dougtimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #8
tyrus
Bat Boy

Importing Rookies

I was running a historical league before the patch no problems. After I installed the patch when it comes to import new rookies, it asks do I want to import rookies? yes. Do I want to assign them to their proper teams? yes. I then select the directory (have not changed it from before the patch) I click OK. The first year it installed 2 rookies, the next year it installed 3. I am at 1998 now.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
bosunmate
All Star Starter

That problem your having in your historical lg is a problem with the Lahman Database i believe. I had that problem all last year also. So i just play until then. Then restart new lg. hope this helps some
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:00 PM   #10
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

In the 6.01 patch notes, it says: "- Pitcher endurance is now displayed if the ability ratings are hidden."

I have a league with all ability ratings hidden (and it's damned fun). I am running 6.01. And I can't seem to find pitcher endurance ratings displayed anywhere. To get them I have to turn on "other" ratings, and that turns on a whole slew of ratings.

Is there some way to just get pitcher endurance shown?

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:31 PM   #11
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

I wish when you choose the option to show the PBP at the bottom, that the PBP options(Swing Away, etc) were just to the right of the text. That would help a lot.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #12
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Qrusher14242
I wish when you choose the option to show the PBP at the bottom, that the PBP options(Swing Away, etc) were just to the right of the text. That would help a lot.
I agree.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:52 PM   #13
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Man on first and second... I select "bunt for hit". Player bunts it and gets thrown out but runners advance. Should this be considered a SAC?.... it scores as an out. I don't know the rule on this... because how would an official scorer know if he was sacrificing or bunting for a hit? I figure a bunt is a bunt... and a sac. I may be wrong.

Also, DO NOT MAKE THE FONT IN THE LEFT BIGGER! I like that font and I like it on the left - if others can't read it, they can open up the bottom window!
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:22 PM   #14
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Make the font bigger, as that's what the majority clearly wants.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #15
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by rdklein
Man on first and second... I select "bunt for hit". Player bunts it and gets thrown out but runners advance. Should this be considered a SAC?.... it scores as an out. I don't know the rule on this... because how would an official scorer know if he was sacrificing or bunting for a hit? I figure a bunt is a bunt... and a sac. I may be wrong.

Also, DO NOT MAKE THE FONT IN THE LEFT BIGGER! I like that font and I like it on the left - if others can't read it, they can open up the bottom window!
This is actually up to the official scorer. If he believes the player was trying to bunt for a hit he can score it an out and an AB, not a sacrifice. I don't recall ever seeing a scorer do this but it probably has happened at one time or another.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:46 PM   #16
boggs
Bat Boy

Here's another thing. My computer opponent in a game played their 2B at SS and their SS at 2B. This resulted in having a SS with a 6 out of 100 rating defensively and a 2B with an 8 out of 100. Had the computer done it right, it would have been closer to 50 and 60.
boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:20 AM   #17
rdklein
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Malleus Dei
Make the font bigger, as that's what the majority clearly wants.
You are right - the majority wanted the font bigger and they wanted the pBp at the bottom... Markus gave you both and now people are wanting him to change it all around again. There are some of us who played with the new font, got used to it, and ended up liking it (I think it kicks azz). If you want the font bigger, open up the bottom pbp that you asked for... but please leave the left pbp alone.

Small bug - it looks like the cost of promotions are not being deducted from the financial reports. I'm not seeing any expense in there unless it's getting added to the player expenses - which wouldn't really make sense. Need a new expense line maybe?
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #18
boggs
Bat Boy

bump
boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:10 AM   #19
DerekT
Minors (Triple A)

OK, I'm playing in the NL. The decision is made to switch the picther to the number 6 spot while another fielder bats at 9th. Shouldn't the picther always have to bat 9th or is there a rule I'm not familar with that allows this batting change to work?
DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #20
Treches
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekT
OK, I'm playing in the NL. The decision is made to switch the picther to the number 6 spot while another fielder bats at 9th. Shouldn't the picther always have to bat 9th or is there a rule I'm not familar with that allows this batting change to work?
I think pitchers can bat anywhere on the lineup. In fact, I believe some defend that the best spot for pitchers is 7th or 8th.