Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-25-2003, 02:00 PM   #21
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

No, it has not always been computer owned. However, we did just switch owners before this sim. The original owner quit the league and we replaced him. Not sure if maybe the new owner messed something up by accident.

Go White Sox!
Goodsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #22
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

I have been trying numerous test scenarios with Philly and found something interesting. If you go into the roster screen and click on the first pitcher listed, the game crashes just like in the sim. Then go ahead and release that pitcher after restarting the game. The same thing will happen to the next pitcher listed. This is crazy, I am totally stumped here.

Go White Sox!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #23
silvernblack
Minors (Double A)

As it turned out I back home and remember one time I tried to resign one of the Philly players to contract extension and it crashed. This was like 2 sims ago. How could we get this far into the season without prior crashes if the team is so corrupt?
silvernblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #24
Alan T
All Star Starter

Ok you have stumped me...

I don't think it is player related.. I released every single person on Philadelphia's team.. created 20 ficitional AAA players, put them in the majors , ran computer manager to set up a rotation, lineup, etc... and then simmed and it still crashed..

I think its something with the team itself. The only way i can get it to sim forward is by deleting the team and re-adding it.. (eeeew).. Sorry I couldn't help you guys more, but I am not sure what else to look at here. I am not sure what other things to do with the team could cause it. (i checked through all the team setup, team strategy, etc.. Everything else looked ok)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:12 AM   #25
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only way i can get it to sim forward is by deleting the team and re-adding it.. (eeeew)..
That is what i was thinking unfortunately Thanks for all of the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Go White Sox!
Old 06-27-2003, 01:18 PM   #26
paulywerner
Major Leagues

I had a similar problem but mine started about 5 days into our first season on OOTP5.. it was looking for an imported file for an individual game. I figured out, that a couple of the owners had changed information on the team setup menu (for EX: manager name) after having these owners download the backed up file, and resubmit their exports, everything ran fine... It could be something as simple as one of the owners changing something that they shouldnt have changed
paulywerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:56 PM   #27
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

Well, I have confirmed that the Owner of the Philly team changed information on the team setup screen. I am trying to get a backup of the team to see if I can fix the problem.

Go White Sox!
Old 06-28-2003, 11:59 PM   #28
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Please let me know what info it was that he changed, I am not aware of anything in that area that would cause such a problem but not certain.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 03:25 AM   #29
Treches
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Kuffrey
Please let me know what info it was that he changed, I am not aware of anything in that area that would cause such a problem but not certain.
The park can be changed even if the league is password-protected. Don't know if this can cause the file to crash or if it imports into the commish's end, but owners shouldn't be allowed to make that move.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #30
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

He has changed items such as Manager name, minor league team names, and he set a team password. I wouldn't think this would cause a problem either, but it is something I am looking into.

Go White Sox!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:20 PM   #31
paulywerner
Major Leagues

the password obviously didnt cause this, but i would definately put my money on the manager name, and the minor league team names causing this... I had to have the owners in my league, download the previous file in order to get things back to normal... I give my owners the option to change anything in their team menu, but they must notify me of the changes they want to take place, and i make them myself in the main league file...
Old 07-01-2003, 01:20 AM   #32
Treches
Hall Of Famer

The minor team names can't be, I'm afraid. I've done that several times in an online league with no trouble whatsoever.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:50 AM   #33
paulywerner
Major Leagues

Well, maybe if you are the commish in the league, you can, but in some cases, it will say the file is invalid when trying to import it. so actually, it would have no effect.... But the only things that the owners should be allowed to change in there exports are the following:

Roster promotions/demotions
pitching rotation
lineups
depth charts
minor league pitching staff
minor league lineups
ticket prices
schedule promotions
password
player strategies

owners shouldnt be changing the players poisitions... meaning if a guy can play more than one position, he should contact the commish and request the players main position be changed. This is especially important for pitchers roles

Nothing in the team setup menu should be changed by the owner.

If you use this policy, I assure you, that you will have no problems
United Baseball League Montreal Expos
Bricks and Ivy Washington Nationals

Last edited by paulywerner; 07-01-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:04 AM   #34
sporr
Global Moderator

I've also had owners change minor league team names with no problems.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:11 AM   #35
Treches
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by paulywerner
Well, maybe if you are the commish in the league, you can, but in some cases, it will say the file is invalid when trying to import it. so actually, it would have no effect....
I'm not the commish in any league.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #36
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I am having this EXACT same problem with one of the teams in my league. I've done everything, including wiping out all the players and replacing them with others. This one team crashes OOTP whenever you try to play a game with it.

The only workaround I have found is to DELETE the team. I did that, then auto-filled the minors and brought up 25 of them just to test. It worked! I could play games with that team.

Now "all" I have to do is re-setup all the players (signing them from Free Agent pool and editing their contracts back to original), lineups, rotations, finances, etc. for that team. (Tried the CSV export/import, but that messes up all the other teams, too.)

If there is an easier way to do this, I am all ears!!!

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote