Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Gonna be a lot of angry owners......

Who will wake up or come home from work to see their teams they had set up completely different from what they used even up to this morning....not a single player I got via purchase was on my active roster, good thing I was home to take care of it before first sim.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

All our test teams went through fine...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
dbqs
Major Leagues

Yep, same for me. Except when I re-activated all my guys they say they have to be stuck on the reserve roster for 14 days so I can't fix it.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
Yep, same for me. Except when I re-activated all my guys they say they have to be stuck on the reserve roster for 14 days so I can't fix it.
This is weird... did you maybe submit your team while the server was creating the league files? Did you check the status line in the Profile & Settings tab in the PT Home screen, was there an error code?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #5
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

my team was submitted at some point last night while there were still entry games going on... am I going to get home from work today and just find a bunch of random players on my active roster?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
my team was submitted at some point last night while there were still entry games going on... am I going to get home from work today and just find a bunch of random players on my active roster?
No, probably not. This seems to be an isolated issue which only affects a tiny number of users.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This is weird... did you maybe submit your team while the server was creating the league files? Did you check the status line in the Profile & Settings tab in the PT Home screen, was there an error code?
Hi Markus, no I was not online when the server was creating the league files.

These are my default settings and what it looks like now:

https://imgur.com/a/yHhbgVX

I'm changing my reserve roster management to myself instead of AI, maybe that had something to do with it?

Either way kind of a bummer because I'm losing more without the good cards I bought
Old 03-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This happened because you used it on two PCs and had a sync issue. When using two PCs we suggest to disable the auto-submit (Profile & Settings tab in the PT Home screen) because otherwise OOTP may submit on one PC without you not noticing in case you did not remember to shut the game down.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #9
trebor2323
Bat Boy

I have same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This happened because you used it on two PCs and had a sync issue. When using two PCs we suggest to disable the auto-submit (Profile & Settings tab in the PT Home screen) because otherwise OOTP may submit on one PC without you not noticing in case you did not remember to shut the game down.
I have the same problem. All the cards I had purchased yesterday showed up as inactive. When I activated them, they had the [14] brackets so I can't use them for 14 games. Totally pissed!
trebor2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:34 PM   #10
Heater41
Bat Boy

I had the same issue here and my players, even 2 days later, still say 14 days until available. No way to get them back onto my active roster.
Heater41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:33 PM   #11
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I had players who were actually playing today until I logged on, then they got deactivated and now I have to wait 14 games to put them back in

awesome
Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #12
trebor2323
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor2323 View Post
I have the same problem. All the cards I had purchased yesterday showed up as inactive. When I activated them, they had the [14] brackets so I can't use them for 14 games. Totally pissed!
Question - I've updated one computer w/ the new version. I have OOTP20 running on another computer and haven't updated it yet w/ the bug fix. If I do so, will I have the same problem as this morning where the newest cards were deactivated and then I had to wait 14 games until I could use them?

Thanks!
trebor2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #13
MJMCP
Bat Boy

Based on the number of people with this problem, myself included, it doesn't seem like a tiny number of users. At least all the guys I bought this afternoon are still there even if they're inexplicably out for two weeks.
MJMCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:45 PM   #14
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I dont even use two PCs so who knows what happened with my guys
Old 03-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #15
Stlcardinal50
Minors (Single A)

I use multiple machines quite frequently & I consistently have my players that I purchased on the AH becoming deactivated.

It would not be a huge deal if I could just re-activate them at no punishment but it really stinks that I'm in a silver league and I have to lose my best players for 15 days.

What can be done to avoid/fix this?
Stlcardinal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:51 AM   #16
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

From my experience in '19, don't switch devices until a simulation has occurred. You need the simulation to occur to lock in your changes that will then be downloaded to the other device. Obviously, this is not ideal when there's a nine hour gap which is prime time for team updating, etc.
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:47 AM   #17
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMCP View Post
Based on the number of people with this problem, myself included, it doesn't seem like a tiny number of users
There has been 8 people post in this thread. Let's not get carried away.

If this was common, the board would be in meltdown.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:26 AM   #18
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

While I too can use two hands to comfortably count the number of people posting in here (and all is fine for me, but I only use one laptop for PT), OOTPD might be well advised to sort this out before they roll out OOTP Go because if they don't that is a ****storm waiting to happen...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #19
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Same thing happened to me. I'm not really happy that my starting catcher has to sit for 14 days because the AI decided to inactivate him.

I don't have OoTP installed on more than one computer.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

If you guys see this again some time, please let us know if there is a status error code in the PT Profile & Settings tab, right side, where it says the last successful import.Also, we will need your username so we can check the server logs.

When you have players getting the 15 days waiting time, it means the AI set up your team because it got an old or invalid export from somewhere (2nd PC maybe) which contained players that were no longer on the team (sold) and hence the roster sanity checks triggered and the AI set up the team.