Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:30 PM   #21
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
I'm VERY new to Perfect Team, but this sounds like a good fit for me.

Right now, however, my team doesn't fit the no-live-cards rule. It may take me a while to switch things up.

Or would it be best to make a second team? (I have not done that before, do I just log in with a new e-mail addy?)

Thanks for letting us know that you are interested in our league format.

We are not going anywhere so feel free to take your time building however, to have everyone in the same league, there are only 30 spots.

Currently, we have plenty of room.

Due to promotion and regulation, guys will be coming and going each season.

I've been playing Perfect Team since it was originally released, back in November.

Currently I have two Perfect Teams; one in OOTP19 and one in OOTP20 and it is very time consuming for me, just with two teams.

I am not sure how others do it however, I look at my teams several times a day, when I can.

I would suggest sticking with one team until you get your feet wet.

Then you can decided whether to add another team to your mix.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #22
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

My team is now without any "live" players. My theme is only players from 1951-1970 (my two favorite eras of MLB). I had to sell an 88 Bret Saberhagen, but it worked out.

I am in last place in a bronze league. Will this start off bronze or iron?

Sorry, I just had to show my team!
Name:  shasta.png
Views: 846
Size:  338.5 KB
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #23
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
My team is now without any "live" players. My theme is only players from 1951-1970 (my two favorite eras of MLB). I had to sell an 88 Bret Saberhagen, but it worked out.

I am in last place in a bronze league. Will this start off bronze or iron?

Sorry, I just had to show my team!
Attachment 614802
How old are you?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:00 PM   #24
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Just about done selling off my Live Cards and have purchased some decent picks in AH.. I should have a complete change in my Daytona Pickleballers team tomorrow.. This should be a lot of fun.. I enjoy playing without Live anyway.. Plus my other two teams are "live and mixes"" and they are PTP..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:01 PM   #25
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I am 70.. Probably the Old guy of the league.. been simming since 1963 "Stratomatic" cards back then!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:15 PM   #26
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I am 70.. Probably the Old guy of the league.. been simming since 1963 "Stratomatic" cards back then!
Right on. I got my stat on Statis Pro baseball. I've also played Strat-o-matic. For video games, I got my start on Earl Weaver Baseball,Tony La Russa Baseball, and Baseball Mogul. Been hooked on OOTP ever since it came out.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:15 PM   #27
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
How old are you?
Put it this way, I played high school baseball in the late 60's
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #28
allenciox
All Star Reserve

How to see players in Auction House that are not 2019 Live players

So I have just started a second team this evening that will be set up to not use the MLB Live or Future Legends cards. Problem is, most cards are MLB Live. Somebody had posted at one point how to do a search in the auction house for cards that are NOT MLB Live cards... can anybody repost that, because it is frustrating scrolling past all the MLB Live players.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 PM   #29
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Oh, and my user name is HomeOfTheBraves and my new team is the Battery Point Knuckleheads. We are currently in the entry pool.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #30
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So I have just started a second team this evening that will be set up to not use the MLB Live or Future Legends cards. Problem is, most cards are MLB Live. Somebody had posted at one point how to do a search in the auction house for cards that are NOT MLB Live cards... can anybody repost that, because it is frustrating scrolling past all the MLB Live players.

Sure, use the "type" filter to pick what to search for...
Attached Images
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #31
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Thanks, that is helpful, but it doesn't allow multiple selection. Somebody posted that in the search field there is a way to indicate a negative --- that you don't want to match something, but I don't remember how they said to do that.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:50 AM   #32
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for All the Interest

I've been in Our League (formerly named the Real League) since the start, and it has been fun. It will be only better with more players. The way it's been going so far, I have been keeping track of the teams, checking the League we end up in for members of Our League.
Then I go through the schedules to find which Our League members are current, and post standings as the week goes by with only Our League games listed. The champion is determined by winning percentage, although teams that play a limited number of games (due to PT placement AI) are not eligible. With the list growing (now 13 by my count), we should get more games against each other.

Just remember to all all the teams user names to your friends list, and then go to your preferences and select "use friends list." Also important is to click "submit team" after you've done this.

Don't worry if we end up in different levels. Using these types of players tends to level the strength of the rosters. If we do end up with enough teams in different levels, we could run, for example, an Our League Bronze and an Our League Silver simultaneously.

Good luck in building your teams. Finally, for those that want more than one team, I play three in 19 and don't repeat players across the rosters. It makes it easier to follow and gives each team a distinct personality, which helps when they play each other.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:10 AM   #33
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Maybe we can get a nice list of OUR LEAGUE players usernames?
Old 03-27-2019, 06:16 AM   #34
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Oh OK went back thru the post and saw you are adding this.. I got the names on there so far..
Old 03-28-2019, 01:51 AM   #35
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Thanks, that is helpful, but it doesn't allow multiple selection. Somebody posted that in the search field there is a way to indicate a negative --- that you don't want to match something, but I don't remember how they said to do that.
Search for wond|rook|leg|all-s|recor|hero
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:08 AM   #36
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

OK!... I have eliminated ALL LIVE cards.. I am ready.. And I must say shopping in the AH has been a LOT of fun.. Balancing the team for a minimum of points earned....
Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #37
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Working on weeding out live players as quickly as I can...the Salem Witches will be happy to welcome each and every one of you to Puritan Park as soon as we qualify...
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:49 PM   #38
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I assume that this just means no live cards on active roster, but there could be live cards that are inactive or on reserve roster?
Old 03-28-2019, 05:35 PM   #39
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

We Look Forward to Your Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
Working on weeding out live players as quickly as I can...the Salem Witches will be happy to welcome each and every one of you to Puritan Park as soon as we qualify...

Be sure to post your user name and add the others to your friends list. It must be mutual, ad you need to submit your team for it to work.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #40
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Shouldn't be as problem

Quote:
I assume that this just means no live cards on active roster, but there could be live cards that are inactive or on reserve roster?

I'm sure there are others who want to hold onto more cards than usual to see how the tournament and collections turn out. I wouldn't have a problem if the Live and Future players were kept off your active roster. I'm not sure how others feel about it. Perhaps they'll weigh in on it. Also, I would go along with whatever Bottom_Of_The_Sixth thought was best, since it's his idea we're following.