Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #81
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Are tournaments going to be things that last a day (like a standard playoff tree) or a week, or some other duration? Single-elimination or series? Bracket-style or something like the WBC with pool play? Or will it vary from tournament to tournament?
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #82
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We have not decided this yet.There are pros and cons to making the list public from the start.
Thanks for the info.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #83
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Will the UI be cleaned up of all the reports that are not valid for PT?

It would be nice if Major Transactions actually reported changes people make to their teams. It would be helpful to know who is actively improving their team. Preseason predictions I would also like to see working. So many of the other should be dropped as inapplicable and replaced with useful reports for PT.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:46 AM   #84
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Will PP earned by each player/card be tracked int he player history or something? I'd like to see which of my cards is accruing the most PP for my team from individual awards.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #85
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I hope there is a full database of cards available. It's frustrating knowing I need something like a right-handed platoon 1B but not being able to see the player rating splits in the auction house, or not knowing if there is a card that would fit perfectly in the price range who exists but isn't listed at the time.

I play FIFA ultimate team too and get a ton of enjoyment out of looking through the card database on futbin and theory-crafting teams. Plus it's something people can browse at work while not actually playing the game to get that fix in.

https://www.futbin.com/19/players

Last edited by dkgo; 03-06-2019 at 11:31 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #86
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I hope there is a full database of cards available. It's frustrating knowing I need something like a right-handed platoon 1B but not being able to see the player rating splits in the auction house, or not knowing if there is a card that would fit perfectly in the price range who exists but isn't listed at the time.

I play FIFA ultimate team too and get a ton of enjoyment out of looking through the card database on futbin and theory-crafting teams. Plus it's something people can browse at work while not actually playing the game to get that fix in.

https://www.futbin.com/19/players
If there was a card database, maybe it could evolve in such a way that only pulled (from packs) / won (from tournament) players are on the list - showing OVR, year and category, handiness, basic stats like you get now from AH and showing when pulled and numbers pulled / how many in game / how many were quick sold / how many are in auction house. Then, make it an option to show the splits.

This way, there still are mysteries as to (1) who the unpulled cards are aside from the 2019 Live cards and (2) the splits if someone doesn’t want to see them.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:17 AM   #87
vyshka
Major Leagues

Any chance PT support will be in the Linux client for OOTP20?
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #88
zrog2000
All Star Starter

There is one thing that I'm really hoping for and that's for the AI to be able to use and counter the opener strategy well. If the AI sees an LH opener being used, they should still use a lineup vs RHP instead of losing all of their RH bats as soon as the RH follower comes in for the 3rd inning or whatever.

I just fear that opener usage might be able to be exploited and hope it won't.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #89
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
There is one thing that I'm really hoping for and that's for the AI to be able to use and counter the opener strategy well. If the AI sees an LH opener being used, they should still use a lineup vs RHP instead of losing all of their RH bats as soon as the RH follower comes in for the 3rd inning or whatever.

What happens if it's a double bluff and they name a lefty reliever to start as an obvious opener, hoping to get a lefty heavy lineup in anticipation of the switch, but then they bring in another multi inning lefty as follower?

I guess the AI will have to look at who's potentially available as a follower, rather than just assume it will be an opposite hander.

Shapes up for some interesting strategy IRL. Especially when it comes to playoffs when a number of potential followers will be available.
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #90
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Hoping the AH is more robust with more and better ways to search for the types of players or auctions you want to view.

I would love to be able to use boolean operators in the search field as well as be able to sort by # of bids. That seems to be the only thing you cannot currently sort by in the main AH screen.

Getting my new database ready for the new cards/players and have taken the week off starting on early release night... This is better than working.

Last edited by webdox; 03-09-2019 at 01:08 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #91
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
What happens if it's a double bluff and they name a lefty reliever to start as an obvious opener, hoping to get a lefty heavy lineup in anticipation of the switch, but then they bring in another multi inning lefty as follower?

I guess the AI will have to look at who's potentially available as a follower, rather than just assume it will be an opposite hander.

Shapes up for some interesting strategy IRL. Especially when it comes to playoffs when a number of potential followers will be available.
The point was that if someone can figure out how to abuse the computer AI, they'll do it. I'm not sure exactly how it could work, but I just hope that it's not really annoying so that you always have your weakest hitters in the game by the end with no one on the bench. Also, it would suck to always have the wrong lineup getting the majority of at bats.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #92
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post

I'm cautiously optimistic that the AI will be smart enough. If the opener is treated like a reliever (i.e. has a reliever's ratings for stuff) and the follower is treated like a starter (i.e. has a starter's ratings for stuff), then the AI should be able to recognize who is treated as the starter (the follower).
Old 03-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #93
daves
Hall Of Famer

So March 18th to the 21st id just a test run for suggestions, bugs or improvements?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #94
daves
Hall Of Famer

I am confused on how tournaments will work? Can anyone create a tournament? Is there a minimal amount of teams? Will this be added to the trophy case? If I have 3 teams, can all 3 teams participate in one? How would I invite others?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #95
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I am confused on how tournaments will work? Can anyone create a tournament? Is there a minimal amount of teams? Will this be added to the trophy case? If I have 3 teams, can all 3 teams participate in one? How would I invite others?
They won't be implemented upon initial release so I imagine they're still working out those details.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #96
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic that the AI will be smart enough. If the opener is treated like a reliever (i.e. has a reliever's ratings for stuff) and the follower is treated like a starter (i.e. has a starter's ratings for stuff), then the AI should be able to recognize who is treated as the starter (the follower).
I hope so. This is something that I've been thinking about since last year when the Dodgers got fooled into wasting players by the 2nd inning in a playoff game last season. It's definitely some tricky logic.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #97
Mormo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Also, the overall card value rating calculation was tweaked.
Thank you!!! I'm going to preorder now!!!
Mormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:55 AM   #98
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If I have a 4-man opener crew and 8 SP in my pen, how will the AI ever figure out which I've got coming in that day?
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #99
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
If I have a 4-man opener crew and 8 SP in my pen, how will the AI ever figure out which I've got coming in that day?
You apparently will have the ability to designate a follower who will take on the stamina characteristics of an SP who can throw seven innings. If you don't, any of your SPs will only throw a few innings because they are treated as a reliever despite the high stamina.

So basically, if you want to throw a follower for seven innings, the other team can counter. If you want to do so for three innings, the other team can't.

Last edited by atabakin; 03-11-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #100
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
You apparently will have the ability to designate a follower who will take on the stamina characteristics of an SP who can throw seven innings. If you don't, any of your SPs will only throw a few innings because they are treated as a reliever despite the high stamina.

So basically, if you want to throw a follower for seven innings, the other team can counter. If you want to do so for three innings, the other team can't.
Someone is going to figure out how to exploit it, I'm pretty certain of it. It's hard to counter if you're actually playing the game, let alone the AI trying to do it.

The best way to counter it is to not use platoons and have players who are good facing either handed pitchers.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.