Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:35 AM   #201
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK folks, we can reporduce this here. The crash is in a third-party code library which we have licensed. We have alerted the developer of that library, hopefully they can fix the problem ASAP!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #202
CLEBearcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK folks, we can reporduce this here. The crash is in a third-party code library which we have licensed. We have alerted the developer of that library, hopefully they can fix the problem ASAP!
Thank you for responding, Markus and thank you to you and your team for your attentiveness. Looking forward to being able to play again so I can pretend this Indians postseason never happened and build my own...
CLEBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #203
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

For the folks having the crash on Mojave, we've found a workaround that should allow you to play for now.

For now, you'll need to disable multi-threading in the game. To do that go to the expert tab of the settings dialog on the main screen. Once you're there, set helper threads to "none". Doing that should prevent the crash from happening and allow you to advance in your season.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #204
aaronweiner
Bat Boy

I get to the title screen of my league and it crashes there every time

Will repost when I have all the specs you want

Last edited by aaronweiner; 10-20-2018 at 01:05 PM. Reason: above
aaronweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:35 AM   #205
0xjf
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Which specific library is it? Just wondering. Thanks!
0xjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #206
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

Crash on Opening day of minor leagues

The crash is happening on the fourth day of the regular season of my custom fictional league. I try to complete the day and it crashes giving me a message that "OOTP has encountered an error and needs to shut down." This happens to be opening day my minor leagues (AA,A, SSA and Rookie leagues). It is a pretty consistent error and has happened during two different seasons already. The league works fine in OOTP18. I have already tried filling all rosters with fictional players and staffs so it doesn't appear to be a roster issue. I do have a fairly large number of minor leagues at these levels, about 20. Any help would be appreciated.
jbaumgardt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #207
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
The crash is happening on the fourth day of the regular season of my custom fictional league. I try to complete the day and it crashes giving me a message that "OOTP has encountered an error and needs to shut down." This happens to be opening day my minor leagues (AA,A, SSA and Rookie leagues). It is a pretty consistent error and has happened during two different seasons already. The league works fine in OOTP18. I have already tried filling all rosters with fictional players and staffs so it doesn't appear to be a roster issue. I do have a fairly large number of minor leagues at these levels, about 20. Any help would be appreciated.
I would guess there's an error in one of those minor leagues that's causing issues. We'll probably need to see your league files, as per the instructions in my sig.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:56 PM   #208
rshahan
Bat Boy

Crashing After Exiting Game and Returning to Management Screen

Hello,

My game crashes 100% of the time when I leave a played game and return to my franchise management screen. No other time does it crash.

1. PC
2. Windows 10
3. Steam
4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M / 16 GB RAM
5. Game crashed after exiting a played game after returning to the franchice management page. Crashes in all saved games and at no other times. No error message, game just crashes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (157.8 KB, 104 views)
rshahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #209
Whitsoxrule
Bat Boy

Game crashes when I advance to next day - seems to be related to schedule generation

1: PC
2: Windows 10
3: Steam
4: N.A
5: Nvidia 1060 6 GB; 16GB RAM; i5-7500 3.4 Ghz
6: I just created 5 leagues (1 MLB, 1 AAA, 1 AA, 1 A, 1 Rookie) and moved half of the existing teams into those 5 leagues. Then when I tried to advance the calendar I was warned that the league structure changed and the schedule was not updated and that I have to do that first. But it won't let me change the schedule for any of the minor league teams which ALREADY existed because they aren't in preseason yet. Once I generate new schedules for all the teams which ARE in preseason, and click the button to advance the schedule, the game immedaitely crashes wth no error message. Other saves do not crash when I advance to the next day.
7: The file has been uploaded to FTP, it is called Birmingham Dukes.lg.zip
8: I have a trace file, but I can't figure out how to attach it to this post, lol, I'm a forum noob

EDIT: I filed a support ticket and they found a fix. It turns out one of my Leagues had finances set to 0 for some reason. I went to its league settings and reset financials to modern MLB values and it fixed the problem!

Last edited by Whitsoxrule; 02-06-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: updating with new info
Whitsoxrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #210
Tumbi
Bat Boy

Not responding issue here

The game just hangs when I advance to next day and after awhile it says 'not responding'. My other saves work brilliantly so it can't be indexing issue nor that I don't have rights to the game folder.

1. PC
  2. Win 10
  3. Steam
  4. --
  5. Intel HD Graphics 5500 / 12 GB / i7-5600U 2.60 GHz
  6. The game "crashes" to the 'not responding' state when trying to advance a day. Basically it just hangs and after awhile it says 'not responding'. Once I waited like 30 min to no avail. And this happens every single time on a specific day in my save no matter what I do.
  7. Only in one save. The file has been uploaded to FTP, it is called 'Tigers_01.lg.zip'.
  8. Have no idea how to attach a trace file...

Edit. I managed to solve the problem! I checked the tracelog (it's actually a pretty useful IMO) and for some reason it hanged when creating a schedule for Pecos league. I have never ever touched or edited the league but still something went wrong there. The plain and simple solution here was to regenerate the schedule for Pecos league.

Guys, if you are having crashing or hanging issues, check the ootp_tracelog first!

Last edited by Tumbi; 02-13-2019 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Problem solved, no further assistance needed
Tumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #211
Carcharoth
Bat Boy

Crashing early in first season

1. PC
2. Windows 10
3. Steam
4. i5-3570, 8GB RAM, GTX 660 TI.
5. Game constantly freezes when trying to advance to the next day after game 12 of the season. Can watch the game successfully but will still freeze when I go to advance days on the calendar. No error message, just freezes. Looks very similar to the post right before mine.

Trace: Not sure if I can attach directly to this post, can send another way if needed.
Carcharoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #212
matbar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. PC
2. PC
3. Stand Alone
4. --
5. 6.0 GM Ram / Intel Core i3-6100U

Across multiple games and saves. Can not go beyond game 12 of any GM Mode season without the game freezing and becoming unresponsive.
matbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #213
jmhuston
Bat Boy

Freeze at Game 12

1. Mac
  2. OSX 10.14.3
  3. Steam
  4. Macbook Pro Retina Early 2015
  5. Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    8 GB RAM
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Game freezes any time I try to advance past the 12th game of the year. Freeze happens on all saves, even new games. Tried every possible solution posted in this thread (and elsewhere), including uninstalling/reinstalling, disabling threading, disabling facegen, forcing game data re-installation, changing the data path of saved games, disabling steam overlay, switching from windowed to fullscreen mode etc etc. Opened up a support ticket and provided a trace file 24 hours ago with no reply. Very frustrating
jmhuston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:10 AM   #214
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcharoth View Post
1. PC
2. Windows 10
3. Steam
4. i5-3570, 8GB RAM, GTX 660 TI.
5. Game constantly freezes when trying to advance to the next day after game 12 of the season. Can watch the game successfully but will still freeze when I go to advance days on the calendar. No error message, just freezes. Looks very similar to the post right before mine.

Trace: Not sure if I can attach directly to this post, can send another way if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matbar View Post
1. PC
2. PC
3. Stand Alone
4. --
5. 6.0 GM Ram / Intel Core i3-6100U

Across multiple games and saves. Can not go beyond game 12 of any GM Mode season without the game freezing and becoming unresponsive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhuston View Post
  1. Mac
  2. OSX 10.14.3
  3. Steam
  4. Macbook Pro Retina Early 2015
  5. Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    8 GB RAM
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Game freezes any time I try to advance past the 12th game of the year. Freeze happens on all saves, even new games. Tried every possible solution posted in this thread (and elsewhere), including uninstalling/reinstalling, disabling threading, disabling facegen, forcing game data re-installation, changing the data path of saved games, disabling steam overlay, switching from windowed to fullscreen mode etc etc. Opened up a support ticket and provided a trace file 24 hours ago with no reply. Very frustrating
Sorry about this guys! There will be a fix for anyone with a similar problem to this coming shortly.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #215
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Here's the fix:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298670

Old 02-20-2019, 01:44 AM   #216
PtownAlex
Bat Boy

Crashing at initial loading screen

I have been playing for over a week, but starting yesterday evening, I could no longer get past the initial loading screen. I have seen the popup stating that the game crashed and settings would be reverted several times now. Details:

1. PC
2. Windows 8
3. Steam
4. -
5. Nvidea Geforce 745M, updated drivers last week. Other info from the trace I just ran:System info:
In-Game Overlay is available
Uses OpenGL for display
Uses default image resize code
CPU: Intel or AMD, 4 CPUs, 2394 MHz
Free disk space: 787,393 MB
Physical memory: 8,075 MB
Free physical memory: 5,526 MB
Virtual memory: 4,095 MB
Free virtual memory: 3,897 MB
6. Initial loading screen, consistently

Please help!
PtownAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:47 AM   #217
unglued1999
Bat Boy

Anyone having a problem with OOTP19 minimizing and freezing when opening news, or stats, to browser? Have to close it with taskbar. Seems like there would be a simple solution, but hadn't found it in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
unglued1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:45 AM   #218
schwejk
Bat Boy

Hi there!

I have been playing the last four editions of OOTP without any kind of trouble on my laptop. However, since I bought OOTP19 a month ago, I have nothing but trouble with the game:

The playing experience is fine as always. But when I save and exit the game my laptop freezes. The only solution is to shut it down and restart the laptop. And now comes the problem: when I try to continue the game this error messages pops up:

Quote:
OOTP cannot load this database because it has been created with an earlier version of OOTP. Please use the button "Import OOTP18" to import the database.
When I press OK this message pops up:

Quote:
The loading of the database failed. It is either corrupt or a save game from an old version.
Exactly the same messages pop up when I try to load the game instead of continue.

When I follow the instructions and try to import the game from OOTP18 (which does not make any sense, because I played and saved OOTP19) this message pops up:

Quote:
OOTP cannot import this saved game because it was saved with OOTP-1. This version of OOTP can only import saved games with version #18.
So I start a new game and after I save and exit the same thing happens again. I have followed the instructions, I have disabled and enabled 3D, I have played in all kind of modes (GM and Manager, Manager only, GM only, etc), the bottom line is that my laptop freezes any time I save and exit. I even deinstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my video card....

I am sorry to bother people here, but I have really tried a lot to get this game working. And it is so sad, because OOTP used to be a great playing experience in the last five years.

Here is the data about my laptop:

Lenovo 80RJ
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Core i5-6200U CPU, 2,30 Ghz
Intel HD Graphics 520

I play OOTP on Steam

I have run a system check several times, no problems have been indicated

Last edited by schwejk; 04-07-2019 at 04:47 AM.
schwejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #219
themarksman13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've been having some issues lately while in the trade menus

1. PC
2. Windows 10 Education
3. Origin
4. N/A
5. Ryzen 7 2700x CPU, 32GB-3200 DDR4, Nvidia 2060 RTX, 500 GB nvme SSD
6. Shopping players around (Very consistent) or just making trade offers
7. Multiple
themarksman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:03 AM   #220
schwejk
Bat Boy

very disappointed about how this is handled. I even wrote a private message to Lukas - no reply as well. It looks like this was the last OOTP version I bought
schwejk is offline   Reply With Quote