Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
Artoo_Detoo
Bat Boy

Draft Budget

Has anyone actually got an answer to this thread yet?

http://cdnsite.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=280329

Essentially, if you set aside $5M for international free agents and only spend $1M, do you just lose $4M forever?
Artoo_Detoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

maybe in a very specific situation it could be a factor due to a midseason trade relative to budget? not even sure if that matters though.

when you sign a contract extension it's about money on hand and any salary caps, if enabled. since that cash is unspent ($4M/$5M), it's helping you sign those extensions.

whatever the concern is, recreate it and simply do it and see what happens.

e.g. you make a midseason trade and "need" that unspent money for the trade to work.. does it prevent it? change someone else's salary on your team and see what happens.

otherwise make sure you get your team in order before finalizing a budget (when the game forces it to occur - upto day before ST, i think)

that 5M is a good investment either way... i'd gobble up even the small fish. the batters are excellent MiL filler and of course the typical surprise stud. if unspent, it should be available for the only thing it can feasibly be used for at that time - an extension.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
Artoo_Detoo
Bat Boy

It's mainly that sometimes when I have a lot of money in the beginning of the season, I'll allocate a lot to the draft budget thinking I won't go over, but if I don't get the extra money back then I need to be careful about how to set budgets.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think you nailed it on the head... need to think about budgets before setting them.

this is a video game, either do it as it's setup currently or change it or some hybrid. e.g. in commissioner mode, you can ignore the budget for international spending and do a little self policing about how much you spend so as not to go over the total budget for the year.

imo, that makes sense. i don't have owners controlling budget. it's technically mine to spend as i want upto how much i can make. it's not really anything out of the ordinary in that context... if you want owners to control that sort of decision to create an obstacle for you, just be smarter about the budget choice at the beginning.

if the ai is doing anything for me, it's incredibly ineffecient and subpar compared to what how i do it. this will be a common thread for all ofus, but may play the game differently, nonetheless.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
Artoo_Detoo
Bat Boy

So revisiting this, for the current season, your budget gets filled up by the projected expenses that you set in the beginning of the season, so if I choose $5M for both draft and international free agents, then $10M will be projected to expenses. However, after the season is over, the actual amount is expensed, so if I only used $2M for international free agents and $4M for draft, then I only have $6M for expenses at the end of the season.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

but, you can't do much with it at that point.

when you are making decisions concerning the season's expenses, you spend all your money before it starts and are restricted by how much that projected expense eats up of your budget. set it lower and you can spend more, but that has obvious repercussions too.

shave off what you can, but be conservative. don't hamstring yourself over what amounts to a small percentage of player payroll (whatever amount you shaved off).

it's very smart to spend all of that 5M each year if you can. you can't do much with profits in this game

I'm assuming you left Max Cash at default of 10M. it's unwise to allow max cash on hand above default by any significant amount. it will screw up the economy if you allow teams to carry too much money over each year. costs of extensions will sky rocket and you can abuse this by always letting players go to FA for cheaper contracts and the ai is does not adapt in this way and constantly overpays for extending players. oh, and it takes nearly 2-3 months to sign them because their initial demands will be 150+% of what is normal in your league, so you better not screw up contract offer and be left with no options as ST starts, lol. takes time for those demands to drop to a realistic level.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-29-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #7
Artoo_Detoo
Bat Boy

Sometimes I do have extra money though and I can allocate 10M or more to draft budgets just to have a chance of signing high school picks with high demands. I didn't want to be losing 10M or more each year though if I wasn't using the money.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:55 AM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

get your FA signings done faster... it's completely possible to speculate ~precisely.

if you have all contracts done before the preseason, or whenever the cut-off date for setting teh budgets is, you can easily assign a greater amount to that budget safely.

midseason trades are something that can change the equation.

if oyu don't like it, turn on comissioner mode and i belive you can go over budget for international ama. FA and draft budgets maybe?