Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

Saved Games Path

So I have taken a few versions off so sorry if this is a simple question.

My saved game seems to be going to some saved games file that windows created in a completely seperate folder than everything else OOTP related.

In the past I always thought saved games were saved in the data folder with all the other ootp related things.

Weird thing is where I am finding my league file is kind of a quick launch icon and I can't see on the league files.

Where can I find where to tell it to send saved games? What I am looking to do is change the parks.dat file with my saved one that contains the edits I have made.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 11-12-2017 at 01:33 PM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Windows 10?
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmknpk2 View Post
Windows 10?
You guessed it. Windows 10.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
You guessed it. Windows 10.
I hate/fear new Windows operating systems. Avoid, fight, and hide from each one of them, adopting them only years down the line when they have been accepted as beneficial and de-bugged. Or forced to do so because a piece of equipment has crapped out, which fortunately hasn't happened in a while.

Why? Well, why should there be a Windows ME, Vista, and 8 for every Windows 98, XP, and 7? Why does Microsoft need to come out with version after version, forcing arbitrary changes thought up by cubicle workers to justify their existences? Other than profit, of course?

Well, enough of non-sequitur rant and bitterness. I can advise you as to where you would change your Custom Data Path. File, Settings, Expert. Click Select for Custom Data Path and navigate to wherever Windows 10 has mandated your game folder should be. By default, OOB starts navigating in the game's program folder (wherever the heck that is in Windows 10), so it could be a hike to get to the saved games folder.

In case you are wondering, I am on Windows 8 but I have it tricked up to look and operate like Windows 7. I acquired 8 when my last laptop gave up the ghost. I am treating this one like the crown jewels.
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-13-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:14 AM   #5
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

A long time ago, with a much earlier version of OOTP baseball, I tried to change my save games folder. It caused me so many headaches I decided to abandon the notion altogether.

Not sure if whatever problems I experienced (can't even remember the details) have been resolved. But on more than one occasion, I lost game universes I had been playing for a while.

I archive my saved games out to a different hard drive with 7-zip and don't keep many game universes active.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 11-14-2017 at 04:17 AM.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote