Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 05-01-2003, 05:29 PM   #41
LCS213
Minors (Double A)

I'm going to bump this post up because we're having this discussion in our online league. Here is what I posted in our league messageboard:

This past season, the GGOOTP Yankees had the best season in franchise history, winning 93 games, and going to a one game wildcard playoff. I scheduled approximately 3 promotional dates per month during the season, and won the majority of them. By the end of the season, my fan interest was at the same spot it was in the beginning of the season. How is that supposed to happen when you've won 93 games, and had a one game wildcard playoff? Because in my division, I had a powerhouse team and was STILL 19.5 games out!

All I'm saying is that it's not that simple to raise your fan interest in-game if you're in a division with a powerhouse in it. There's not much you can do. In the OOTP universe, the fans could care less if you're contending for a WC spot, it's your position within your division.

Let me give a more specific example of how winning ballgames doesn't necessarily equate to fan interest, or even attendance for that matter. How many fans do you think showed up at my Stadium for the 1 game wildcard playoff game in our league? I've got a stadium capacity of 51,000. Somehow, only 22,912 fans made it out that night. WTF is up with that?

Not only that, but during the last 3 weeks of the season where the Angels and Yanks were neck-and-neck in the WC race, the attendances in the 3 game set with the Angels were 33147 (a promotional day), 24453, and 24410. The wildcard playoff had LESS attendance than this 3 game set.

The other series I'd played, where each game was important, were against the Red Sox, and Oakland. Attendance figures against the Sox: 25982, 25982, 31086 (promo day). Against the A's: 28002 (promo day), 22945, 22412.

What I'm trying to point out is that this is a bug within the game that may have already seriously hurt our league in terms of finances. Yeah, I can stay afloat b/c I had a big amount of cash reserves beforehand. But if winning a team record 93 games nets me less money than any other season I've played (80 wins, 86 wins, 82 wins, respectively), then something's seriously wrong here.

Has there been any progress on this issue?!
LCS213 is offline   Reply With Quote