Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
Tazilon
Minors (Double A)

Ticket Price Help

I can set the price for tickets for my team, but it never seems to update to the price I have set. Yes, I hit ENTER.

Some years it changes to what I set. some years it doesn't change at all.

Some years, after saying it is, for example, $28.75 all year, it displays $27.35 or some other amount as the ticket price for that year.

Other than using the editor, is there some way to get the game to actually use the price you manually set?
Tazilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Are setting the price before the end of the winter meetings and in the off season?

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:05 PM   #3
Bahnzo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazilon View Post
Some years, after saying it is, for example, $28.75 all year, it displays $27.35 or some other amount as the ticket price for that year
I've noticed that too. I set the ticket prices, and then for some reason the next year it's shows last year's ticket prices as something completely different. Bug?
Bahnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

This should be posted in the bug reports forum. It is indeed a bug.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

make sure you aren't delegating this to the Asst-GM.

you could type in a number and it woudld't be changed until the next home game by the asst gm, for example... or if in offseason, it woudln't update until the day after winter meetings end. so it could look like it accepted it and used it, but didn't... just in case.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:27 AM   #6
Tazilon
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Are setting the price before the end of the winter meetings and in the off season?

Yes, I am.

The last season is a great example. Ticket prices displayed as $27.25 in 2020. During the off-season before that year started - and before the winter meetings - I set the new price at $28.00. The 2020 World Series just ended several days ago and now it says my 2020 ticket price was $26.78 and I am still trying to raise the price to $28.00.

I have now tried unsuccessfully to raise my price to $28.00 3 years in a row and my price is lower than when I started 3 years ago.

The loss of revenue is killing me financially.
Tazilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Ghost Town
Minors (Single A)

This is happening to me, too. It's definitely a bug.
Ghost Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #8
Bad Scooter
Minors (Single A)

Has this been fixed?
Bad Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

It's not a bug... it should be showing the weighted average of teh ticket price.

summation formula for #games * price etc...

if it doesn't seperate the season ticket and gate ticket price, that may also be lumped together.

edit: tip for more $$$ -- if you get familiar with how high you can price a ticket relative to the attendance figures oyu want to maintain, make sure to price your season tickets at least near the peak value you expect to sell your regular season tickets for by the end of the year. it will escalate when you win and reach playoffs... price the playoffs like you price opening day -- at least 1.5X. even high if the attendance stays maxed... little trial and error will teach much. extended year-to-year success is different than 1 or 2 years of good success, too... you get ~5 straight amazing years, start pushing that ticket price even higher. (2 or 3 years if you win insane amount of games)

Last edited by NoOne; 07-21-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
sonicqaz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there some way to set playoff tickets differently than regular season or do you change the price where you would normally do it for the regular season when the playoffs start?

Also, you're making it sound like you can set season tickets and regular everyday tickets as a different price but I've only ever seen one price for tickets. Am I missing something somewhere? I've had max attendance for the entire season with my tickets set at 42.00 so I could probably make more.
sonicqaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

timing.

you sell season tickets between end of winter meetings and opening day. then gate revenue accruess per game from that portion sold -- which can be a different price. we aren't stuck with one price anymore.

you'll also notice you can charge more Fri-sat-sun vs weekdays. a big win streak early can make a multi-million dollar difference later on. (think about AZ and their ~20win run or whatever to make the playoffs a ?decade or so ago?... they would make less money in the video game than if they had that good stretch of amazing play to start the season.)

so, you make sure those cost roughly what you expect to raise your ticket to in a successful year. price you can charge for a game in april will be cheaper than.

in fact, higher is likely more profitable... you'll have to work out the equation with 2 independent variables and a little background info to mine

you have the monies from seaon tickets and gate. selling less season tickets will NOT hurt selling out a stadium. if it was 28 to sell out, it's still that even though you charged $40 for season tickets. average price for that one game is 34.

so it's simply finding the max limit. the elevated price combatting loss of # tickets sold. then during season, simply upping price every month or 2 or based on win% and days into reg season.

@Sonic:

yes, change the input value in Front Office for ticket price. ~opening day value will be good start.

fyi, you can charge a ton for opening day.

things may change suddenly after 3-5 years of extended success too. you may find eventually you can charge an extra $1-$5 on that playoff ticket seemingly for no reason that you can see. in the past it will elevate as i went along to next round etc... but this year and last seems consistent throughout playoffs

Last edited by NoOne; 07-27-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #12
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Edit: I went did some checking and my post was totally wrong. You can still dynamically change ticket prices.

Last edited by stealofhome; 07-28-2017 at 03:21 PM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:05 PM   #13
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

someone else is having a pricing problem... r0nster has a post in ootp18 general forums..

read his thread and see if it sounds familiar. maybe some similar setup is a cause... i never see it change my price unless i screwed up the settings or gm control options.