Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-11-2016, 12:14 AM   #41
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillidog View Post
League Settings > Rules : Right hand side immediately under "Enable Amateur Draft (this appears when you do not check the box for the draft), there is a new option --

"Disable automatic Creation of Free Agents"

what does this do? does it create "fictional" players as Free Agents?
or
if a "Historical" Amateur does not sign a contract the computer automatically makes him a "Free Agent" so that anyone can sign him?

That's a damn good question. The feature is mentioned, but not fully explained, in the manual. Here's how I use it. If I am wrong about how it works, maybe someone will correct me.

If you turn off the draft, you will eventually run out of players as they age and retire. The game compensates by creating free agent players to enter the league each year. These would be fictional players, of course.

In a historical league, all of the new players are coming in via the setting in the historical tab: "automatically import historical rookies". I don't want the additional fictional players, so I disable this feature.

Last edited by Orcin; 07-11-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #42
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
when the pre-season rosters expands to 60 players (or whatever number you select) upon the end of pre-season and you need get the roster down to 25 men. What happens to the players that are not selected for the 25 man roster?

can you "freely" move them to one of your minor league teams once Spring training has been completed?
or
do they first need clear waivers first, before you can assign them to a minor league team?

If they are on minor league contracts, you "assign" them to a minor league team of your choice (or let the AI assistant GM do it).

If they are on major league contracts, then you check to see if they have minor league options remaining. If so, you can send them to a minor league team, thus consuming (after they spend a day in the minors) one of their remaining options.

If they are on a major league contract and out of options, they must be waived and designated for assignment. If they are claimed by another team, you lose them.

If they clear waivers, you can assign them to a minor league team. Players with enough experience can refuse the assignment, in which case you will have to keep them on the active roster or release them. If you release them, you will be charged for their contract even if another team signs them as a free agent. (This last part is different from real baseball.)
Old 07-11-2016, 12:35 AM   #43
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
"Disable automatic Creation of Free Agents"

what does this do? does it create "fictional" players as Free Agents?
or
if a "Historical" Amateur does not sign a contract the computer automatically makes him a "Free Agent" so that anyone can sign him?
Neither.

It stops the game from creating fictional players as free agents.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #44
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Neither.

It stops the game from creating fictional players as free agents.

Is this new in 17? I don't remember using this before, and I never had fictional free agents in my no-draft historical leagues with prior versions.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Is this new in 17? I don't remember using this before, and I never had fictional free agents in my no-draft historical leagues with prior versions.
I think it was new in either 15 or 16 but I don't entirely remember.

Iirc it was mostly meant for the indy leagues, as they used to create new fa's automatically, rather than only signing existing players.

That wasn't ever really an issue with historical or modern MLB leagues, so if that's what you play you likely wouldn't have noticed the issue the setting is meant to fix.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #46
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

so then if I understand correctly, if I check this box (disable it) the computer will "not" generate fictional players in my Historical sim

do I understand this correctly?
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #47
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so then if I understand correctly, if I check this box (disable it) the computer will "not" generate fictional players in my Historical sim

do I understand this correctly?
Yes, you understand correctly.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #48
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I think it was new in either 15 or 16 but I don't entirely remember.

Iirc it was mostly meant for the indy leagues, as they used to create new fa's automatically, rather than only signing existing players.

That wasn't ever really an issue with historical or modern MLB leagues, so if that's what you play you likely wouldn't have noticed the issue the setting is meant to fix.

So, there is no harm in checking this box for historical leagues when fictional players are not desired?

If the box is left unchecked, will fictional players be created or does the historical rookies selection preclude any fictional players from appearing in this type of league?

I apologize in advance if you don't know these answers, but I hope to understand this feature better. I might want to have a league with both historical and fictional players someday.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #49
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

If I want a pure and historically accurate replay what settings do I need?

(I want to start in 1960 with my Orioles) and "ONLY" have "trades and roster changes" that actually took place. Do not want to see for example Mickey Mantle getting traded for Larry Bowa)

also what setting are necessary so that year in and year out the players for a good majority perform closely to the RL stats?

I do not mind variation, which I think will still happen even when trying to get as historically accurate. But I do want settings that will result in a close approxmization to historical stats
Old 07-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #50
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I want a pure and historically accurate replay what settings do I need?

(I want to start in 1960 with my Orioles) and "ONLY" have "trades and roster changes" that actually took place. Do not want to see for example Mickey Mantle getting traded for Larry Bowa)

Your only option for this is to use historical transactions. You won't be able to make trades in this mode, but the AI will make your historical trades at the appropriate time. You can use historical lineups in order to ensure that the AI plays Roger Maris over Roger Repoz.

Quote:
also what setting are necessary so that year in and year out the players for a good majority perform closely to the RL stats?

I do not mind variation, which I think will still happen even when trying to get as historically accurate. But I do want settings that will result in a close approxmization to historical stats

Use one-year recalc and disable player development. That's as close as the engine will get. There will still be variation. If you are using historical lineups, injuries are disabled so playing time will also be very close.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #51
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Your only option for this is to use historical transactions. You won't be able to make trades in this mode, but the AI will make your historical trades at the appropriate time. You can use historical lineups in order to ensure that the AI plays Roger Maris over Roger Repoz.

Do not want to make trades, other than those that actually happened in RL, so this will be good. Where in the game is the option for "historical trades only"?

Use one-year recalc and disable player development. That's as close as the engine will get. There will still be variation. If you are using historical lineups, injuries are disabled so playing time will also be very close.
with this are injuries automatically disabled? or do you need disable injuries?

not opposed to injuries even in a strictly historical replay, as this will throw a little uncertainty into the sim, as well as could be a "what if" alternate reality such as could a team that won the WS in RL still be able to do this if one of their key players were lost for a month or two

Last edited by Chillidog; 07-13-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #52
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You have to choose these options when you create the game. Use the wizard to create the game and you can't miss it. Injuries are automatically disabled.