Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #21
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
1. Click on the FILE menu and choose Add-Ons Central.

2. On the lower right portion of the pop-up, you should see a section labeled "Available Servers". It probably only shows the OOTP Developments server. You need to add the OOTPMods.com server.

3. Click on "Add a server". Copy and paste the URL below (the part inside the quotes) to the resulting pop-up box and click Save.

"http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods17.xml"

If you have trouble, there are instructions with screenshots here.

4. After completing step 3, you should now see a list of mods something like this:

Attachment 461389

Find the Historical Facegen Image Pack in the list and click Download. When the download completes, click Install. The mod will put the files in the proper folder for all of your leagues to find them. New leagues that you create will add the images if you select that you want them at league creation time. You will need to do an additional step for your existing league.

5. Now go to your existing league's "MLB" dropdown menu and select League Settings. Go to the Players & Facegen tab and make sure the settings on the right side look like this. "Enable Baseball Cards" can also be checked if you want them." The important setting is "Load PhotoFit (FaceGen) files automatically. This must be checked.

Attachment 461390

6. Click "Force Update / Generate All Player Pictures. This should override any fictional pictures with the real facegens for all of the players in your league.

If you have any trouble with this, post again and I will try to help you.
Orcin,

can not download this.
Steam does not have this MOD and can not access it the way you state
they have a TOTAL of 6 MODS available that support this game on Steam

so do not know how to get this MOD or Photo/pics through Steam of the real players to enhance this game
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:02 AM   #22
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
This is how I set up my calculation for player ratings. I think it gives a very accurate result, but there is plenty of room for good years, bad years, and surprises. Injuries play a role too.

Attachment 461397
Ahhhh, finally found where this is

thanks a whole bunch
Old 07-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #23
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillidog View Post
Orcin,

can not download this.
Steam does not have this MOD and can not access it the way you state
they have a TOTAL of 6 MODS available that support this game on Steam

so do not know how to get this MOD or Photo/pics through Steam of the real players to enhance this game

Here is a direct link to the file.

Once you are on this page, download the file "HistoricalFaceGens". It is a zip file using a TAR (.tgz) format. Most extraction software (WinZip, 7Zip) will unpack this format, but you may need to download one of those too.

Extract all files to a subfolder called "fg_files" under your OOTP Baseball 17 main folder. The individual files (thousands of them) will be inside a fg_files folder within the archive. A common mistake is to extract the files such that you end up with a fg_files folder inside the fg_files folder. This won't work. Target the extract to go to your OOTP Baseball 17 folder, which will in turn place the files in the proper sub-folder.

From here, go to step 5 in the instructions that I posted earlier.

I see that you found some answers already, but I may have missed an open question. Feel free to ask again if you still need to find something specific.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:23 AM   #24
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Once you are on this page, download the file "HistoricalFaceGens". It is a zip file using a TAR (.tgz) format. Most extraction software (WinZip, 7Zip) will unpack this format, but you may need to download one of those too.

Extract all files to a subfolder called "fg_files" under your OOTP Baseball 17 main folder. The individual files (thousands of them) will be inside a fg_files folder within the archive. A common mistake is to extract the files such that you end up with a fg_files folder inside the fg_files folder. This won't work. Target the extract to go to your OOTP Baseball 17 folder, which will in turn place the files in the proper sub-folder.

I see that you found some answers already, but I may have missed an open question. Feel free to ask again if you still need to find something specific.
I have the next 2 days off so will attempt with this free time to get these player pics loaded into my game

I do have another question which I know is purely a personal preference but would like to know what you and everyone else does when playing a "Historical sim/replay"

on the "Amateur Draft" (or I guess OOTP calls it "First Year Player Draft") do you actually draft players or do you have them automatically assigned to their original teams?

also if you actually draft players how many rounds do you have?

lastly the 2012 collective bargaining agreement do you only use this if your sim/replay is in the year 2012 or beyond? or do you use this always irregardless of the year of the sim/replay?
Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #25
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

OK, I just downloaded this file, extracted it to the fg_files within "Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 17 > fg_files" folder > sub-sub folder. There is no additional "folder" within the fg_files folder, looks as if all players are there. I clicked on "Force Update / Generate All Player Pictures".

what are these pics suppose to look like?

are they real life stills/ or just computer program facegen adjustments that are suppose to simulate the looks of the real player?

the reason I ask is I go into my Orioles of 1983, click on the players name
to see there pic and what I can tell (computer program pick to simulate the player), I can see that Eddie Murray "somewhat resembles Eddie Murray" but Cal Ripken looks nothing like Cal Ripken -- fake mustache, pudgy face, etc.....

so I am think I did something wrong, but do not know for sure
Old 07-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #26
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
are they real life stills/ or just computer program facegen adjustments that are suppose to simulate the looks of the real player?
They aren't photos. They are simulations that will age over time and change uniforms when they are traded.

I imported Cal Ripken into my 1965 league so you could see the picture. The uniform will be different from yours.

Name:  ripken.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  11.5 KB

Are the pictures in the fg_files folder? They should not be in a subfolder under that one. If they are not in the correct folder, just select all of them and move them to the fg_files folder. Then do the force generate step again.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #27
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
on the "Amateur Draft" (or I guess OOTP calls it "First Year Player Draft") do you actually draft players or do you have them automatically assigned to their original teams?
I like to put them on their original teams. I usually play historical for the nostalgia factor, and seeing the Phillies draft Johnny Bench blows that up for me.

I play fictional when I want to compete with the AI, because I can't use my own knowledge or the real life stats to improve my odds. Don't knock it unless you have tried it. Fictional is really fun.

Quote:
also if you actually draft players how many rounds do you have?
My rule of thumb for historical is number of teams divided by 2. You will probably run completely out of players before the draft ends, but all the good ones will definitely be gone.

Quote:
lastly the 2012 collective bargaining agreement do you only use this if your sim/replay is in the year 2012 or beyond? or do you use this always irregardless of the year of the sim/replay?
I like to use the 2012 CBA in leagues with free agency. I will use the reserve clause in leagues prior to 1975.

You're right. All of that is personal preference.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #28
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
They aren't photos. They are simulations that will age over time and change uniforms when they are traded.

I imported Cal Ripken into my 1965 league so you could see the picture. The uniform will be different from yours.

Attachment 461685

Are the pictures in the fg_files folder? They should not be in a subfolder under that one. If they are not in the correct folder, just select all of them and move them to the fg_files folder. Then do the force generate step again.
I guess than I did it correct, there is "no sub-folder" within the fg_files folder, only player names in the following format --- Cal_Ripken Sr.fg, Cal_Ripken.fg, Cal_Vasbinder.fg etc.......
Old 07-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #29
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

OK, here is another "preference" question

in MLB >League Settings>Financials

there is "Enable Reserve Clause Era Rules" not sure when the "Era" began/ended or really familiar what these rules are and how they will impact the game?
Old 07-09-2016, 01:26 PM   #30
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I like to use the 2012 CBA in leagues with free agency. I will use the reserve clause in leagues prior to 1975.

If I understand you correctly, then if you were playing a Historical Career replay with a start year of 1983, you would be using the 2012 CBA?
Old 07-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #31
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, here is another "preference" question

in MLB >League Settings>Financials

there is "Enable Reserve Clause Era Rules" not sure when the "Era" began/ended or really familiar what these rules are and how they will impact the game?

The era ended in 1975 (more or less) when free agency began. In a nutshell, the reserve clause bound players to their current team unless the team released them. They could refuse to play for anyone, in which case they did not get paid, or play for the team that owned their rights. Their salary was more or less dictated by the team, although the teams made some effort to give the appearance of fairness. Pay cuts were certainly not uncommon. OOTP simulates this by assigning salaries to each player based on performance. You can choose the parameters associated with this, including whether multi-year contracts are available.

For your 1983 league, it would be more realistic to leave this option unchecked. Someday, start a league in the 50's or 60's and try it. There is less to do because there are no contract negotiations. There is also much less risk of losing good players. You mainly just have to worry about busting your budget when the game randomly assigns big raises for all the star players on your championship team. The first day of the offseason is always full of surprises, some good and some bad, with the reserve clause enabled.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #32
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, then if you were playing a Historical Career replay with a start year of 1983, you would be using the 2012 CBA?

Yeah, I would in historical leagues because I like teams losing draft picks. Fewer draft picks mean that the draft goes deeper, given a limited player pool.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #33
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I like to put them on their original teams. I usually play historical for the nostalgia factor, and seeing the Phillies draft Johnny Bench blows that up for me.

where do i go in the game to toggle this on/off?

to make the game do as you say, put them with their original teams
Old 07-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #34
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

1. League Settings ---> Historical Tab: check Automatically import historical rookies, Import Rookies as Free Agents should not be checked.

2. League Settings ---> Rules tab: Disable Amateur Draft (can only do this in offseason or preseason)
Old 07-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #35
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
1. League Settings ---> Historical Tab: check Automatically import historical rookies, Import Rookies as Free Agents should not be checked.

2. League Settings ---> Rules tab: Disable Amateur Draft (can only do this in offseason or preseason)
Ok had the 1st part correct but had the second part wrong no wonder I had a draft. I will have to try to remember to un-check this box in the off-season as my 2nd season has just started
Old 07-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #36
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

40-Man Roster

How do I remove a player from the 40 man Roster?

The player in question has already cleared waivers, but I can not get his name/spot off of the 40 man roster. I keep getting this error message:

"Move players to the lower section in order to remove him from the secondary roster"

He is taking up a place which I need. I just traded for player which I want/need to place on the 25 man active roster but he can not go there because I am told my 40 man roster is full

I Only have 24 player on the 25 man roster, BUT 40 players on the 40 man roster
Old 07-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #37
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Right-click on the player, which will bring up a menu that should offer the choice to remove him from the secondary roster.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #38
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Right-click on the player, which will bring up a menu that should offer the choice to remove him from the secondary roster.
I figured it out, once they cleared waivers, I need to drag them from the 40 man roster to "designated for assignment" and then this will free up a their spot on the 40 man roster and then after the 10 day waiting period I can just drag them onto the Minor League team in my system which they are already playing for
Old 07-10-2016, 10:00 PM   #39
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

OK, made it into the "Pre-season" (heading into my 3rd season of my sim/replay)

So now that I am in the Pre-seasn, I have "disabled" the Amateur draft, so now all historical rookies will be assigned to their original teams. But upon disabling the draft and "new option" appears and I can not find anything on it in the "on-line manual" so my question is this:

League Settings > Rules : Right hand side immediately under "Enable Amateur Draft (this appears when you do not check the box for the draft), there is a new option --

"Disable automatic Creation of Free Agents"

what does this do? does it create "fictional" players as Free Agents?
or
if a "Historical" Amateur does not sign a contract the computer automatically makes him a "Free Agent" so that anyone can sign him?
Old 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #40
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

when the pre-season rosters expands to 60 players (or whatever number you select) upon the end of pre-season and you need get the roster down to 25 men. What happens to the players that are not selected for the 25 man roster?

can you "freely" move them to one of your minor league teams once Spring training has been completed?
or
do they first need clear waivers first, before you can assign them to a minor league team?