Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 04-26-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
danman5550
Minors (Single A)

Contract Limit Issue

Hey all, I've got an issue with claiming players off waivers with my contract limit.

Earlier I had 49/50 and one player on IR, so I traded 4 contracted players for one. Now I have 46/50 on my active roster, 70/90 on my protected list (if that matters; seems like plenty of room), and 1 on IR. That should mean I have 3 contract spots left, right? I put in a claim on one player, so there should be 2 spots left, but I can't claim another player. The error that shows up is "Contract maximum limit reached", but is there some other rule that I'm missing?

Dead threads.
Check out my iOOTP dynasty!
Join the Create A Prospect thread!
danman5550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:25 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman5550 View Post
Hey all, I've got an issue with claiming players off waivers with my contract limit.

Earlier I had 49/50 and one player on IR, so I traded 4 contracted players for one. Now I have 46/50 on my active roster, 70/90 on my protected list (if that matters; seems like plenty of room), and 1 on IR. That should mean I have 3 contract spots left, right? I put in a claim on one player, so there should be 2 spots left, but I can't claim another player. The error that shows up is "Contract maximum limit reached", but is there some other rule that I'm missing?
Something may not be getting cleared properly there, but just to rule out the obvious first: do you have any players assigned to a farm team (maybe a secondary one) or contracted, but back in major junior? If it's none of those, we may need to have a look at the save to see what's going on.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #3
danman5550
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Something may not be getting cleared properly there, but just to rule out the obvious first: do you have any players assigned to a farm team (maybe a secondary one) or contracted, but back in major junior? If it's none of those, we may need to have a look at the save to see what's going on.
Where would I be able to find that? I have 45/50 now on my "Contracts" page in my roster (69/90 again, on my protected list if that matters), and I looked through my salary obligations and every player is either playing in the AHL or the ECHL. Not as big a fan of NHL farm systems as I am of MLB, so I don't get the major junior part either!

I went through my "Protected List" and found 3 players I have the rights to that are playing in either the OHL or WHL (had to Google major junior!), but both their contracted team and current team in the editor are their CHL teams. Still, that'd put me at 49/50 even with the IR, but I may have missed someone.

Also would it matter that this is an older file? Was something fixed in a recent patch that would make this better in new files? I started it a couple of days ago, but then yesterday I downloaded the newest patch, because I hadn't downloaded any since release.

Thanks for the help!

Dead threads.
Check out my iOOTP dynasty!
Join the Create A Prospect thread!
danman5550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #4
goof1016
Minors (Single A)

Same issue occurred in my current NHL game, contract list is at 46/50 and if I try to claim a player off waivers it says "Contract Maximum limit reached". I can add players other ways (trades, signings) with no issues. Have had the issue for more then a season now.
goof1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #5
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

I have had this issue as well when trying to claim a player off waivers. It is really pretty annoying and have missed out on a few good players that were on the waiver wire :-(

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof1016 View Post
Same issue occurred in my current NHL game, contract list is at 46/50 and if I try to claim a player off waivers it says "Contract Maximum limit reached". I can add players other ways (trades, signings) with no issues. Have had the issue for more then a season now.
I wonder if the game is counting players in the juniors who are signed to NHL contracts as counting against the 50. I'm, about to start up a new game to test that theory out, as I've seen that issue before, and it's very annoying.

A player who signs an NHL contract but gets sent back to juniors is subject to the contract slide rule, where the contract isn't considered 'active' and doesn't count against the 50 contract limit. So if you draft an 18 year old and sign him to an NHL deal, but then send him back to juniors for the next two years, when he turns 20, he should still have all 3 years of his ELC left (assuming he didn't play more than 9 NHL games in any of those years).
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote