Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #1
bertinlefkovic
Bat Boy

Online Play?

Is there a way to play the game against other people online? Please advise.
bertinlefkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:12 AM   #2
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

Certainly is! Check out the online leagues forum:
OOTP 17 - Online Leagues - OOTP Developments Forums

You can't play simultaneously (ie, taking turns with the game open and multiple people playing out their games at the same time) but there are many online multiplayer leagues where you can control a team and the sim happens daily/bi-weekly/weekly, etc, allowing you to download the new game world after each sim and take another turn.
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
JDavidAdams
Bat Boy

So by simultaneously, you mean there's not an option to play head-to-head? I've only had the game a little while, and haven't explored all of the nuances. I played APBA and Strat for over 30 years, and played a lot of H2H on Strat. Great feature for league play.
JDavidAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavidAdams View Post
So by simultaneously, you mean there's not an option to play head-to-head? I've only had the game a little while, and haven't explored all of the nuances. I played APBA and Strat for over 30 years, and played a lot of H2H on Strat. Great feature for league play.
Unfortunately no head to head game play.

League play? Absolutely.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
JDavidAdams
Bat Boy

I'd like to see that added in a future upgrade... Theres nothing quite like playing in a league, and then playing a "Live" playoff game head to head... You get a truer sense of accomplishment because you're not subject to the decision making of the AI. If you mess up, then YOU truly mess up!
JDavidAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
desertnomad
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Online league play is mediocre at best. I'm a commish in an OOTP 15 league. No need to upgrade, because the developers haven't worked on online play in ages. So many headaches being a commish of an online league. I think they really need to reconsider their opinions on online play. There's a huge market for it, if done right.

If interested in a well run OOTP 15 league in need of GM's, email me at gmchaffie@gmail.com. If you don't have OOTP 15 it's only $15 or $20 and like I said, there's little to no benefit in playing an OOTP 17 league online.
desertnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #7
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertnomad View Post
Online league play is mediocre at best. I'm a commish in an OOTP 15 league. No need to upgrade, because the developers haven't worked on online play in ages. So many headaches being a commish of an online league. I think they really need to reconsider their opinions on online play. There's a huge market for it, if done right.

If interested in a well run OOTP 15 league in need of GM's, email me at gmchaffie@gmail.com. If you don't have OOTP 15 it's only $15 or $20 and like I said, there's little to no benefit in playing an OOTP 17 league online.
There are many out there that would disagree with a majority of this quote. And as far as "Haven't worked on online in ages" exactly what types of additions would you propose? I've been commishing leagues for quite some time and I feel that online play works great with the exception of a few nuances which are for the most part subjective. It isn't broke so no real need to fix it. About the only real issue I can think of is returning Rule 5 players and that issue arises because of the nature of how import/exporting .tem files has to work. I would really love H2H play too, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me, and it actually can be accomplished with with about any desktop sharing software.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote