Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #1
rob_banzai
Minors (Single A)

Fictional league with historical players

I've made the jump from OOTP 12 to 16 and I'm a little lost. I'd like to make a 1900 league of my own teams, but populate it with real historical players. I think what I used to do was make a fictional league, then somehow import all the historical teams from the starting year, release their players and redraft but I can't seem to get there with this new version. If I can get past that I should be able to import real rookies for each subsequent year to always have only real players in my league.

I think.
rob_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Why not just create a historical league and rename the teams. Just make sure you leave the box for auto expansion unchecked. If that box is checked everything will revert back to history during your first offseason. Just use the release all players schedule an inaugural draft. If you do this the real players will import each year.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
rob_banzai
Minors (Single A)

Will I be able to manually expand the league later? During my attempts I ran into a problem with the game stating that historical league structures can't be changed. I think that's why I'll need to import individual teams to start my fictional league, so I can bring all the historical players from that first year into my game.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:30 AM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Why not just create a historical league and rename the teams. Just make sure you leave the box for auto expansion unchecked. If that box is checked everything will revert back to history during your first offseason. Just use the release all players schedule an inaugural draft. If you do this the real players will import each year.
This is a method to be used but the only problem I've had with this version is that your stuck with limited dynamic evolution.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:29 PM   #5
rob_banzai
Minors (Single A)

So I made a fictional league, released and deleted all the fictional players and then imported all the historical teams for that year. Five teams wouldn't import due to bugs but I then released all the players, rebuilt the league structure with my own teams and had an inaugural draft.
I selected to use historical rookies and put the path to the historical db in the settings. As soon as I started my season I started getting notifications about fictional prospects being found by my scout.
So how can I use historical players in a fictional league and never have fictional players? This used to seem easier.

EDIT: I'm going to try going the route with adjusting a true historical league and see how that turns out.

Last edited by rob_banzai; 03-31-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
donut4free
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
This is a method to be used but the only problem I've had with this version is that your stuck with limited dynamic evolution.

I am trying to do the same thing. Fictional league starting in 1900 with the real teams and players from 1900, do an inaugural draft and then have the dynamic evolution take over while adding in historical rookies (not random) to see what happens, but don't think it is possible. I have tried with OOTP15 and 14 to no avail. If they would add dynamic evolution to the Historic League creation, the problem would be solved.

Is there a way to mod the game to add dynamic evolution to a historical league?

Great game as usual though.
donut4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
froghair
Minors (Single A)

Yikes. Just bought the game this morning, but not being able to structure divisions the way I want but use real players would be a deal-breaker for me. (Example: start in 1896 with random-debut real payer dbse.. in a league with two divisions of six teams .. which is not a built-in structure going the historical route.)
froghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #8
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

While I do agree simply adding dynamic evolutions using historical players would make things much easier there are ways around this to make it happen.

Even in a historical league you can edit the entire league structure including adding or dropping teams. Go to your league settings and edit league structure as you need to.

Other options that could work (I haven't tried yet but it's my plan). Create a historical league for the year you want. Export the player data /stats information using the new option in the league settings. Then create a fictional league with all your options. Delete all players. Then import the played data and stats from the other league. Do inaugural draft.

Or...Pull from the master.csv all the active players from your year and set up your fictional league then import them using the new mass import from text file option.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 04-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #9
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Also, there are a few options you need to turn off in the fictional league to prevent fictional player creep.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
donut4free
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Also, there are a few options you need to turn off in the fictional league to prevent fictional player creep.

Thanks. I will have to look into importing the players. I have tried and just can't get it to work. Not sure I select the right file/s when I import. Granted I have only tried once on 16 but it was late and was rather tired.

Go going try to go over all the set up options in Fictional League set up to understand what they all do. Like the fictional players creeping in. Don't mind if I have a few, just to fill rosters, but want 80-90% real players. Love that they have all these options. What we need is a "how to" video or instructions for set up that goes over each option and what and how it will affect the game play. I know you can piece most of it together on this forum alone, but would be handy to have an all in one manual or video.
donut4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

maybe something like this:

-create your fictional league (setup league parameters/teams/divisions/etc).

-in the "players" section, change the settings for "generate international amateur free agents" and "generate international established free agents" and "generate free agents from independent leagues" to None. (edit: also change "international scouting discoveries" to None, or your scouting dept will find random fictional players from time to time). One more optional edit also in the players section: set the min/max age range for fictional players high, so maybe 32 min / 34 max. Again, if you don't mind one/two/three seasons or so with those inaugural fictional players, they'll all be old enough that they won't rack up mega stats in the record books and retire after 3-5 years.

-in the "options" section, check off the box for "automatically import real historical rookies"

-optional: also in the "options" section, check off "use random rookies from all eras" (I personally like using this on fictional "historical player" setups so I don't know who will show up in the draft, and I might get Ty Cobb in the same draft with Nolan Ryan).

the inaugural draft pool will be fictional players. Just my preference here again, but I don't mind a single season of fictional players in the stats. Once that first year is done, I just retire those players and have the game import enough real historical rookies to fill all the rosters again. (after that, adjust the number of rounds/players imported to fewer rounds, so you don''t keep pulling in a ton of new rookies each year).

Last edited by stl jason; 04-05-2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: missed one update in settings
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote