Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #101
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Roster violation of League rules

Hi Sebastian,

Currently playing as GM/Coach of Kolner Wale in DL. I am currently in my 9th year and am noticing that all teams except mine are playing without the minimum of 2 (at least 19 y.o.) prospects. If I try and set my roster without it give me the warning message.

Just curious if this has been noticed as a problem,

Thanks
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #102
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

question other fhm fans... since i have bought the game on feb 8th... has anything changed in the game since then or no?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #103
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Editing may have gotten worse. Don't recall what it was like back in Feb. Stopped playing until expansion or fulltime editing is available.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #104
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Editing may have gotten worse. Don't recall what it was like back in Feb. Stopped playing until expansion or fulltime editing is available.
Editing is not broken, we just have another vision about the game then you. So I fear you will not be happy with our changes to 2015 either. Just want to be upfront about it early.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #105
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Editing Rosters turned back on?
Old 07-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #106
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Editing Rosters turned back on?

Editing isn't important.

Everyone playing the exact same league with the same teams with the exact same players with the exact same results are very important.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #107
Kalmah
Bat Boy

Quote:
Editing isn't important.

Everyone playing the exact same league with the same teams with the exact same players with the exact same results are very important.
Editing isn't broken, it works fine. But we're going to disable it because we have a different vision of the game then you do. :^)
Kalmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:32 AM   #108
dmytron

Quote:
Editing isn't important.

Just like in Football Manager. Now I see why FM is so boring.

Last edited by dmytron; 07-15-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:06 AM   #109
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

What you write is just not true, you are just not happy we don't build exactly the game you want. I'm sorry that you have a different vision off your perfect game but we don't make a game for a single person, we try to make a game that as many people as possible enjoy.

I will repeat it a last time for you: we will continue to support customization in FHM. We will limit the edit options in an attempt to make the game more stable and the experience for the mass off users more enjoyable.

So basically, we want FHM to be a game (like FM or EHM) with some (more realistic) customization (e.g. expansion, single team-moves, team renames, salary cap changes, small rule changes, ...), not a toolkit a user can use to build it's on world (what we learned is much harder in a complex world like the hockey one).

Quote:
Editing isn't important.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #110
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I will repeat it a last time for you: we will continue to support customization in FHM. We will limit the edit options in an attempt to make the game more stable and the experience for the mass off users more enjoyable.
if you are having so much problems getting the game stable why aren't you guys using JIRA?.easy way to track bugs progress and everything
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #111
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
if you are having so much problems getting the game stable why aren't you guys using JIRA?.easy way to track bugs progress and everything
It is not the question what bug tracking software we use.

I think (hopefully, maybe it is lost in translation?) I explained it in depth what our thinking is about this topic. I just don't want people to get their hopes up for specific features that we will not add in the near future. I don't write this to make some user feel upset, I just want to be completely honest, an answer like "maybe we will add it at some point" will help nobody. Hope people understand that.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #112
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It is not the question what bug tracking software we use.
isn't it? i thought you where talking about the crashing issue with the editing as you where talking about making the game more stable
Old 07-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #113
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
isn't it? i thought you where talking about the crashing issue with the editing as you where talking about making the game more stable
It isn't. We use a bug tracking tool (not JIRA), my explanation above goes into another direction.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #114
julius
Minors (Single A)

I notice that in the list of editing functions that you say you plan to support going forward, editing players and their attributes is not included. Surely you don't intend this? I couldn't imagine a text based simulator not being able to handle this most basic level of customization. Perhaps I have misunderstood the context...
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #115
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
I notice that in the list of editing functions that you say you plan to support going forward, editing players and their attributes is not included. Surely you don't intend this? I couldn't imagine a text based simulator not being able to handle this most basic level of customization. Perhaps I have misunderstood the context...
Quote:
(e.g. expansion, single team-moves, team renames, salary cap changes, small rule changes, ...)
I listed a few examples. Changing ratings for player works now and should continue to be available. But as far as I know in FM you can't officially edit player ratings in a running game, right (you need a 3rd party savegame editor), just curios (makes no difference for FHM)?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #116
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I listed a few examples. Changing ratings for player works now and should continue to be available. But as far as I know in FM you can't officially edit player ratings in a running game, right (you need a 3rd party savegame editor), just curios (makes no difference for FHM)?
Fm has made their own in game editor
Old 07-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #117
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Fm has made their own in game editor
Ah, cool. Thx for the info, never saw it. Next time I play I will look out for the editor.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #118
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Ah, cool. Thx for the info, never saw it. Next time I play I will look out for the editor.
they charge additional for their in game editor. What a joke that is...OOTP, don't get any bright ideas

Last edited by dave1927p; 07-15-2014 at 12:54 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #119
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
they charge additional for their in game editor. What a joke that is...OOTP, don't get any bright ideas
Ok, thats the reason I don't know the in-game editor. You can't buy FM in Germany, I always get the game through a promo-code and it does not include the editor.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #120
julius
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for clarifying that player ratings/attributes will remain editable (phew!). FM does have a saved-game editor, where almost everything can be edited, but it is a bit unwieldy. OOTP 15 makes in-game editing very easy (in commissioner mode) so I am hoping for something more along those lines for FHM.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote