Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Postman
Major Leagues

Block on contract option decisions

Would it be possible for the game to block on contract option decisions the same way it does for DFA expirations? I missied the email for a starter that I did not wish to pick up the option for and it cost me budget space that I needed. It's hard to imagine that happening in real life.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

It happens in real life. See below. I know the examples are not baseball but these issues happen in all sports from time to time. There is a football example at the bottom of the article.

Did Chicago Blackhawks miss deadline for qualifying offers? - Chicago Tribune

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Postman
Major Leagues

And there was the Elvis Dumervil fiasco last year, too.

So, I retract that part.

It's a bummer, and it hurts the game playing experience for me. I have a lot of things to monitor in my real life. Games like OOTP are a means of escape for me. I don't want them to be the source of additional items on my to do list.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
And there was the Elvis Dumervil fiasco last year, too.

So, I retract that part.

It's a bummer, and it hurts the game playing experience for me. I have a lot of things to monitor in my real life. Games like OOTP are a means of escape for me. I don't want them to be the source of additional items on my to do list.
Edit anything you don't like. That's the advantage of it being a game.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
Postman
Major Leagues

I don't know how to do that. Can you alter contracts?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know how to do that. Can you alter contracts?
Yes, go into Commish Mode and you can edit anything.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
Postman
Major Leagues

Actually, that would be cheating. The player in question is a starting pitcher and a decent one. He should have been available since November (I'm playing in real time). He may very well have been picked by another team preferentially over the pitcher the team actually took.

How about putting it on the manager's task screen?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, that would be cheating. The player in question is a starting pitcher and a decent one. He should have been available since November (I'm playing in real time). He may very well have been picked by another team preferentially over the pitcher the team actually took.

You can put tasks on there yourself. At the end of the day, that is what the email is for, to remind you of these things.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
Postman
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You can put tasks on there yourself. At the end of the day, that is what the email is for, to remind you of these things.
I'm talking about the urgent tasks list.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:

if you are playing in real time, then this would have no effect. No team signed FA, because they were all waiting for the Tanaka circus to be resolved, so freeing him now would be exactly like RL.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #11
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm talking about the urgent tasks list.
many things are not on the urgent Task lists this one at least you have emails and reminder.
i have set it as a routine, with all the reminders (roster expansion, day other teams put every one on waiver, last 5 days before draft signing-see who gets released, day after draft signing-to reassign non signing JUCO to a College team, end of season-handling all the options)
Old 02-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Postman
Major Leagues

There is no such pitcher as Tanaka in my league.

Besides the pitcher isn't that good. It was an $11 million dollar option with a $1 million buy out for a guy that went 10 and 10. I believe he would have been an attractive option for another mid-market team as a back of the rotation guy, and no team waits long to sign a guy like that if it needs him.

Last edited by Postman; 02-05-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
and no team waits long to sign a guy like that if it needs him.
yeah you are right. no team needing pitching would wait on signing one.

NB: i guess i misunderstood when you said you were playing in Real Time, sorry, didn't understand it to mean calendar time. my bad.