Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Hard Salary Cap!!!

Simple request....just gives us another style of gameplay for online league. I have been asking for this for couple versions now. I got my other one which was bye's in the playoffs. Just want a hard salary cap to give everyone an even playing field. More like the NFL then the MLB.

Request: REALLY HIGH
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
blasek0
Major Leagues

If I'm not mistaken, there's already the option for a hard salary cap on the League Financials page in the setup area. It doesn't allow for individual player salary caps, but it does put a cap on total team payroll.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, you can already do this. It's not perfect, in that teams can "accidentally" spend over the cap with arbitration and the like, but the game will then not let them spend any more money until they're back under it.

Works fine, I've done it before. Just set the "Player Salary Cap" under the Financials tab in League Setup. You'll have to do some test runs to get the right numbers.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Yeah, you can already do this. It's not perfect, in that teams can "accidentally" spend over the cap with arbitration and the like, but the game will then not let them spend any more money until they're back under it.

Works fine, I've done it before. Just set the "Player Salary Cap" under the Financials tab in League Setup. You'll have to do some test runs to get the right numbers.
Yeah, and FWIW, there's still some occasional confusion over that setting as a result of its label. It really isn't a 'player' cap, it's a team salary cap. I've been asked numerous time about this, after a user enters a million dollars in there, for instance, and wonders why he can't spend any more monies.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Yeah, and FWIW, there's still some occasional confusion over that setting as a result of its label. It really isn't a 'player' cap, it's a team salary cap. I've been asked numerous time about this, after a user enters a million dollars in there, for instance, and wonders why he can't spend any more monies.
Yeah, I should've mentioned that. If you're just glancing over the settings without knowing what anything does, it sounds like it's for individual contracts. Really misleading.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

so say i have 3 leagues...i can do something like this

Upper League 120 million for salary cap
Middle League 105 million for salary cap
Lower League 90 million for salary cap?

Arbitration can be on or off?
rule 5 draft? (one draft for all leagues?)
min. service years for FA?
min. service years for minor league FA?
Assuming I need to play with type of typical player salary? (any good idea for each would be nice)

is there anything else I should be aware that i didnt ask? Before I go run more test. First time do a fictional league and I went complex
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Yes, you should be able to set a salary cap for each separate league.

All other settings can be whatever you want them to be, however I would advise against having arbitration - it's the leading cause of teams (including your own) going over the cap.

I haven't done a salary cap league in a while, so the best advice I can give you is to estimate the financials and run a few tests to see what works the best.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
blasek0
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
rule 5 draft? (one draft for all leagues?)
If they're set up as separate leagues, every league would have its own rule 5 draft, independent of the others. My advice would be to turn off the rule 5 draft and shorten the minor league service time necessary to reach free agency.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote