Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
blazertaz13
Minors (Double A)

Questions about GM only Mode

I have always played the game where I manage out the games, which for me led to me not getting as far with the associations as I would like. So for the first time I have decided to GM only, but since I have never done this before I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there away to watch your team's games each day? The only options are to manage (which is odd if I am GM only) or quick sim. If you quick sim you can then only watch the replay, but then again this may be the only option.

2. How do you decide on which players to keep or trade away if you only sim? What are your criteria?

3. How do you keep motivated when your team is struggling? I tend to get mad then start over, so I don't get the most of the sim.

I just purchased OOTP 14, so I am still learning the ins and outs of the game, so I appreciate the help. I am open to suggestions on how to get the most enjoyment in playing as GM/sim mode only. I am trying to get the most out of the game and I am looking for help.

Thanks.
blazertaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
If you click the button to manage the game, you can set the game up to have your manager make all the decisions and just watch it live.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

1. In addition to what Questdog said above, you can always start real-time sim and watch it play out that way.

2. Same as you would if you manage games - stats, ratings, evaluation... Sure, you'd have more of a feel for the team if you acted as manager (and I recommend managing for this reason), but there's little difference otherwise.

3. Personally, I'd rather have my team be struggling. The only time I quit a league is when my team wins too much. A struggling team is interesting; it requires tactics and strategy. A team that wins 100 games a year is boring. But that's just me.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
blazertaz13
Minors (Double A)

[QUOTE=Fyrestorm3;3592582]
2. Same as you would if you manage games - stats, ratings, evaluation... Sure, you'd have more of a feel for the team if you acted as manager (and I recommend managing for this reason), but there's little difference otherwise.
QUOTE]

Since I am acting as GM, this is the reason I want to watch the games play out. That way I can learn about my players, but also judge the manager's ability to utilize the players. I usually try and manage my teams games, but I find that I might be the reason we are losing games.

Thanks for the tips, it is appreciated.
blazertaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertaz13 View Post
I have always played the game where I manage out the games, which for me led to me not getting as far with the associations as I would like. So for the first time I have decided to GM only, but since I have never done this before I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there away to watch your team's games each day? The only options are to manage (which is odd if I am GM only) or quick sim. If you quick sim you can then only watch the replay, but then again this may be the only option.

2. How do you decide on which players to keep or trade away if you only sim? What are your criteria?

3. How do you keep motivated when your team is struggling? I tend to get mad then start over, so I don't get the most of the sim.

I just purchased OOTP 14, so I am still learning the ins and outs of the game, so I appreciate the help. I am open to suggestions on how to get the most enjoyment in playing as GM/sim mode only. I am trying to get the most out of the game and I am looking for help.

Thanks.
1. what Doggie said. In my league I am teh GM Ilet teh mgr set the lineups & the rotation, I make changes if I decide to manage the games.
I manage about 2/3 of the games I play.
2. Based on how much they make, when they are FA's, interest from other teams, a lot goes into this.
3. Shuffle the lineup around put the best hitters in vs RHP or LHP whomever is hitting at the current time. Change the rotation around. Also sometimes they just have to play through it. i get frustrated when my team loses a series but as long as my team wins most of the series we play we will be fine. Don't give up after a few weeks. I don't get people who play this game who never finish a season. Not saying that is you, just in general.
what type of league are you playing? Start small a 8-16 team league with 3 levels of minors, let the AI handle your minors.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote