Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Team photos: An undocumented Turorial

Hi folks,
Hope you're all enjoying ootp 14.
Most of you know that you can now create team photos. I love it. But, did you know you can customize the size, spacing, zoom level? Well you can. How awesome is that.
Here's how:
You need to add/change these lines in your app.cfg The app.cfg file can be accessed through Preferences-Troubleshooting Tab and select Open folder containing app.cfg file. Then open app.cfg with any text editor and make your changes (make a copy of it before you do). Exit and restart the game so your changes take effect.
Now if we could just get this for bb cards it would surely be icing on the cake.
These are default settings.

Code:
team_picture_pictures_per_row
team_picture_x_diff
team_picture_y_diff
team_picture_zoom
team_picture_zoom can be 0, 1, 2, 3
2 is "zoom out" and is the default setting now.

Team pictures per row: Increasing this number, increases the number of pics per row and vice versa.
Team Picture x diff: Decreasing this number increases spacing between the pics left to right.
Team Picture y diff: Decreasing this number increases spacing between the pics top to bottom.
Team Picture Zoom: 0 is for headshots (Zoom in),1 is for shoulder up and I don't suggest using zoom level 3 as that's random and don't look good.
There is no apparent size limit to how large your team photos are. I've gotten my NCAA teams with 35 man rosters to 1230x734..Pretty Impressive as seen in screenie 1.
The settings added to the app.cfg file for this screenie are:
Code:

team_picture_x_diff
team_picture_y_diff
team_picture_zoom
With a little ingenuity one can open them in a paint program and easily add backgrounds, logos, etc. Like in screenie 2. Hopefully some of this will be added so it's auto created with the pic in the future.
Hope you find this useful.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-16-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Does it matter where in the app.config you place this? Which line?

A lot of stuff in there, wouldn't want to mess something else up.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Does it matter where in the app.config you place this? Which line?

A lot of stuff in there, wouldn't want to mess something else up.
No I added it to the bottom as that looked like the best place for it. Right under the bb cards setting would be a good place as well. you can't mess up your game as long as you make a copy of your original app.cfg to use in case you do. I highly suggest that if you make changes, save it someplace safe out of ootp. I save my stuff in a 00tp 14 mods folder. I do this cause if you reinstall the game, the app.cfg gets overwritten and you lose your changes. That way you can just replace the original again and get your changes back or at least refer to it so you remember your old setting. Not sure what happens if you just patch it.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-16-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Great Info! Thanks
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
No I added it to the bottom as that looked like the best place for it. Right under the bb cards setting would be a good place as well. you can't mess up your game as long as you make a copy of your original app.cfg to use in case you do. I highly suggest that if you make changes, save it someplace safe out of ootp. I save my stuff in a 00tp 14 mods folder. I do this cause if you reinstall the game, the app.cfg gets overwritten and you lose your changes. That way you can just replace the original again and get your changes back or at least refer to it so you remember your old setting. Not sure what happens if you just patch it.

Thank you...

and

You're speaking to the preacher of back-up I back-up everything, far too much most people will tell you, but I've never gotten stuck because of it.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Thank you...

and

You're speaking to the preacher of back-up I back-up everything, far too much most people will tell you, but I've never gotten stuck because of it.
Smart man
Old 04-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

This is with the X & Y set at 1, 5 per row (I like this for 25 man roster) and zoom at 2.

I tried a whole bunch but like this best. You can get all the players 1 behind another if you put the X & Y up at 160 - 180, looks funny too, lol

_
Attached Images
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Hi folks,
Hope you're all enjoying ootp 14.
Most of you know that you can now create team photos. I love it. But, did you know you can customize the size, spacing, zoom level? Well you can. How awesome is that.
Here's how:
You need to add/change these lines in your app.cfg The app.cfg file can be accessed through Preferences-Troubleshooting Tab and select Open folder containing app.cfg file. Then open app.cfg with any text editor and make your changes (make a copy of it before you do). Exit and restart the game so your changes take effect.
Now if we could just get this for bb cards it would surely be icing on the cake.
These are default settings.

Code:
team_picture_x_diff
team_picture_y_diff
team_picture_zoom
team_picture_zoom can be 0, 1, 2, 3
2 is "zoom out" and is the default setting now.

Team pictures per row: Increasing this number, increases the number of pics per row and vice versa.
Team Picture x diff: Decreasing this number increases spacing between the pics left to right.
Team Picture y diff: Decreasing this number increases spacing between the pics top to bottom.
Team Picture Zoom: 0 is for headshots (Zoom in),1 is for shoulder up and I don't suggest using zoom level 3 as that's random and don't look good.
There is no apparent size limit to how large your team photos are. I've gotten my NCAA teams with 35 man rosters to 1230x734..Pretty Impressive as seen in screenie 1.
The settings added to the app.cfg file for this screenie are:
Code:

team_picture_x_diff
team_picture_y_diff
team_picture_zoom
With a little ingenuity one can open them in a paint program and easily add backgrounds, logos, etc. Like in screenie 2. Hopefully some of this will be added so it's auto created with the pic in the future.
Hope you find this useful.
I just want to know where the black U of Maine jerseys came from and if you are willing to post them! I have a Maine Black Bears in my Continental League and those jerseys would be sweet!!!
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
I just want to know where the black U of Maine jerseys came from and if you are willing to post them! I have a Maine Black Bears in my Continental League and those jerseys would be sweet!!!
Can't remember where I got them or who did them..I think it was ootpmods NCAA caps and unis., here you go. Just right click and save to your jerseys folder.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
Aumakua
Major Leagues

I can see where this would be useful for larger teams (like your 35 man college roster) but I think the defaults are pretty good for the regular roster, makes it look more like an actual team photo (players overlapping). Can someone post pics of zoom 0 or 1? Personally I like seeing the jersey but just curious how the zoom in ones look.

Now if these options were just available in the game, so we could easily adjust them for each team picture. It would be a pain to edit them for a college photo then have to change the file, exit the game, and do a photo for another league, then change the file, exit the game... Sort of like for baseball cards, we have the "away uniform" option, for team photos it would be nice to at least have the players per row and zoom options. I will have to try 25 players in a single row tonight

Last edited by Aumakua; 05-14-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Ideas from other OOTP forum members is what keeps me hooked on this game and coming back to these boards.

Bigrod THANK YOU for that idea on post editing of team photos. I thought it was nice that when I created a team photo it opened it up instantly in photoshop for me but it didn't even phase me to do any editing.
Took this photo of the 1900 Yale Bulldogs College World Series Champs and spent about 2 minutes editing it. Made the canvas a little bigger, added the world series text and logo. My game is in sepia and I love that the team photo was that way too, but I added a color logo for flare
Attached Images

Last edited by Aumakua; 05-14-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #12
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Your welcome and it came out real nice..really looks vintage..excellent work.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #13
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
I can see where this would be useful for larger teams (like your 35 man college roster) but I think the defaults are pretty good for the regular roster, makes it look more like an actual team photo (players overlapping). Can someone post pics of zoom 0 or 1? Personally I like seeing the jersey but just curious how the zoom in ones look.

Now if these options were just available in the game, so we could easily adjust them for each team picture. It would be a pain to edit them for a college photo then have to change the file, exit the game, and do a photo for another league, then change the file, exit the game... Sort of like for baseball cards, we have the "away uniform" option, for team photos it would be nice to at least have the players per row and zoom options. I will have to try 25 players in a single row tonight
The options would be ideal...it is a pita to have to change the app.cfg, exit, restart, etc.
Here's zoom 0 Headshot (1st screenie) and zoom 1 shoulders up (2nd screenie)
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-15-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #14
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I guess I'm just an Idiot cause I've looked and looked and looked both in my game folders for it and all over this forum for someone saying where it is...But I can't for the life of me find the team picture that I created in game....where the Hell does the game put the damn thing!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
I guess I'm just an Idiot cause I've looked and looked and looked both in my game folders for it and all over this forum for someone saying where it is...But I can't for the life of me find the team picture that I created in game....where the Hell does the game put the damn thing!
In your league folder, under news/images/team photos
Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Thank you LOL, guess I didn't dig deep enough
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote