Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP found crashed_on_startup flag is set.

Hello,

Version: 10
PC/MAC: linux/ubuntu jaunty 9.0.4
What were you doing? I was trying to start up the application the first time after successfully installing it.
What happened? I received the following error message:
Error:
OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set. Obviously the game crashed when you started it last time. OOTP will reset the graphics settings to default values. You can set them back later in the Game Preferences dialog.
Reproducible? Yes

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Does this stop you from playing the game?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes, the game will not start up. I get that same error clicking on the menu option, from the shortcut on the desktop and trying to run it from commandline
Old 06-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi,

I made an attempt to reinstall the software 3 times, and each installation was successful. But I am still not able to open the game with the same error. Is there something that I need to do with my graphics configuration ?

Thanks for the help,

Jon
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am currently using ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics drivers on a 256MB ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics card
Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

Same thing

The same thing happened to me the first time I tried to play the game. I got the same exact message.

I deleted and re-installed the game. When it started up, I got the error message again, but this time, there were dialog boxes - "OK" and "Cancel"

I clicked OK and the game started up and plays fine.

Mac - G4 iBook 1.33Ghz - 1.25 Mg Ram - OS 10.5.7
Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I tried exactly what you did, I uninstalled(removing all *OOTP* files from the box), reinstalled(successfully).

Then I tried to launch the game again, when I got that error message I just clicked OK, the dialog box went away, but the game did not start up. I went out to System Processes to see if OOTP was running and there were no processes running for OOTP either.

Still no luck...

Jay
Old 06-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi,

Ok...when I downloaded a PC version and installed it with WINE I was able to get the game to launch to the License screen. Since I am able to do this, to me this implies that the graphics card is OK .

Is there a reason why using ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics drivers on a 256MB ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics card on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.0.4 and installing the linux software won't launch the game
but using ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics drivers on a 256MB ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics card on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.0.4 and installing the windows software using WINE will launch the game ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have discovered that the app file in the ootp baseball 10/data/config directory has the crashed_on_startup flag so I set it to 0.
I then tried to start the application and it did not come up.
I went back to the app file and noticed the crashed_on_startup flag was set to 1.
I tried to start it up again and I got the same error.

Then I set the flag to 0 again and tried to start the app from commandline and got a
SEGMENTATION FAULT message.

Any thoughts ?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi All,

Is the linux install supported on Ubuntu 9.0.4 jaunty ?

Is the windows installation on WINE supported and stable ?

I could probably just use the WINE/windows installation if that is the case, or is there a possibility that a patch could be coming out for Ubuntu soon ?

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello,

Should I try to download and install the 10.2.16 patch ? Do you think that would contain a fix that may address this issue ?

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyaces View Post
Hello,

Should I try to download and install the 10.2.16 patch ? Do you think that would contain a fix that may address this issue ?

Thanks,

Jay
I'm not a Linux user, but yeah, it couldn't hurt to try.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ohh I'm sorry, is there a different forum that I should be posting to for linux issues, I didn't know where I should be posting these problems ?

I also tried to download the patch for linux and I got a 404 error: document not found, then I tried the mirror site and just got a Not Found error.

Thanks,
Old 06-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

No, this is the right forum. It's just that so few people have Linux that most of us don't have direct access to it.

From which screen did you attempt to load the patch?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Nutlaw...

From this page:
Out of the Park Developments - Updates and Patches

i clicked on the link under Patching OOTP for linux named Download the OOTP 10 patch from our server and the following page came up:

http://www.ootponline.net/mirror/oot...uxpatch.tar.gz

with the following message:

=======
Not Found

The requested URL /mirror/ootp/ootp10linuxpatch.tar.gz was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Fedora) Server at www.ootponline.net Port 80

=======

Then I went down and clicked Mirror #1 from Mirror Sites for Linux Patch
and the following page came up:

http://www.ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/oot...uxpatch.tar.gz

with the following message:

======
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at ootpdevfiles.com
======

I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.0.11 for my browser

should I be trying to sftp/ftp to get this file ?

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Indeed, that is a problem. Try some of the links in the first post of this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lable-now.html
Old 06-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #17
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Thanks! Fixed!

(The files were missing)
Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello,

Ok I was able to download the patch....I had a problem when I extracted it to the desktop, I was not able to double click the executable, nothing came up.

I then tried to run it from commandline and I got the same:
Segmentation Fault

error that I got when trying to launch the game.

Jay
Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 AM   #19
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Please add the parameter

tracemode

to the command line and start the game. Then look for a file ootp.log and post it here. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #20
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Andreas,

After running: ./ootp tracemode
Here is the log:

=====
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup Successfully tried to open $USERPREFS/database, using /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config as DMPT_CUST_DATA now
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup Successfully tried to open $USERPREFS/saved_games, using /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config as DMPT_USER_DATA now
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_BASE path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_BASE_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_APP_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_CUST_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_USER_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_SAVEDGAMES path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config/saved_games
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 is_user_data_installed Path exists: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config/database
=====

and this is the commandline error I get:

-----
jsingleton@jsingleton-desktop:~/Desktop$ ./ootp10

* Error
* OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set. Obviously the game crashed when you started it last time. OOTP will reset the graphics settings to default values. You can set them back later in the Game Preferences dialog.
* Press Return

Segmentation fault

-----

Thanks,

Jay
Closed Thread