Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
sley
Minors (Double A)

OOTP9 & Vista

New to Vista have been using XP. Loaded the licensed game onto a laptop with Vista. I keep getting the same message when I try to start the game. "ootp9.exe-Fatal Application Exit. Unable to open graphics. Make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024-768 and that windows taskbar is not set to always remain on top." As far as I know I have changed the settings so that right now the resolution is 1280-800 and taskbar not always on top. Any ideas? Thanks
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sley View Post
New to Vista have been using XP. Loaded the licensed game onto a laptop with Vista. I keep getting the same message when I try to start the game. "ootp9.exe-Fatal Application Exit. Unable to open graphics. Make sure your screen resolution is at least 1024-768 and that windows taskbar is not set to always remain on top." As far as I know I have changed the settings so that right now the resolution is 1280-800 and taskbar not always on top. Any ideas? Thanks
You may have already done this but just to be sure (no insult intended).

• You say you loaded the licensed game. Typically, after loading the game you must license it before it can be run. This is typically done via the internet. If it was a re-install where elicense was not removed then this step is not needed.
  • Assuming it is licensed, the first run should be done by right clicking and choosing "run as administrator".

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
sley
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for your reply.

This was a new install, not a reinstall. I did the set up and got to the license window, got the license and completed the set up. When I click on the desktop icon I get the error message. I did "run as administrator".
Old 03-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
sley
Minors (Double A)

No other suggestions? No one has gotten the same message? Still open for help or ideas. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Tony M
Global Moderator

Can you run OOTP with trace mode (this is done by going to Start > Programs > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 9 > Tools > Start OOTP with trace mode)

This will then create a file called ootp9.log in Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 9

If you could rename that to ootp.txt and attach it to your next reply that would be helpful.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #6
sley
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for your email.

When I selected tools, trace mode, etc. I got the following message.....

"OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set. Obviously the game crashed when you started it last time. To make sure that it starts this time OOTP will reset the graphic settings to default values. You can set them back later in the Preferences Dialog."

When I select ok, I get the original fatal error message. I never got to the point of actually starting the game.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #7
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sley View Post
Thanks for your email.

When I selected tools, trace mode, etc. I got the following message.....

"OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set. Obviously the game crashed when you started it last time. To make sure that it starts this time OOTP will reset the graphic settings to default values. You can set them back later in the Preferences Dialog."

When I select ok, I get the original fatal error message. I never got to the point of actually starting the game.

Thanks for your help.
Did the ootp.log file get created though?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
sley
Minors (Double A)

The log file was not created.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
FastLane
Major Leagues

Major problem... I cant get ootp9 to load.

Okay...here's the deal. Its been awhile since I fired up ootp9, so I figure I'd perhaps start up a league and have some fun in celebration of the new season.

I click on my desktop shortcut and it says "OOTP Baseball 9 Has Stopped Working" A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

(I'll go ahead and let you know now that Im running Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition Service Pack 1, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q 6600 @ 240GHz, 4.00 GB Ram, and Dual NVidia GeForce 8800 GTX cards if that helps any...)

So, after trying to figure out what the problem is and coming up snake eyes, I decide to try installing the latest patch 9.2.13 and seeing if that solves it. Nope...same message. So, I do an uninstall, DL the full version of the patch and try a full reinstall. About 3/4ths the way thru the installation I get this error message: C:\User\my name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 0\stats\historical_database.odb A decompression error has occurred (#7) File CRC Mismatch - Data Integrity Error Abort Retry or Ignore?

Abort kills the install, Retry keeps getting the same error looping, and Ignore finishes the install. However, when I go to fire it up (running as administrator) i get the same first original error message: "OOTP Baseball 9 Has Stopped Working" A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

What the heck do I do now?

Hating the New York Yankees is as American as apple pie, unwed mothers and cheating on your income tax. ~Mike Royko
FastLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #10
toddgregory
Major Leagues

Non Operational on PC with Vista

I have run Oootp 9 successfully on my laptop until recently. I now get the message that says Ootp found that crashed on startup flag.set it has reset graphic settings to default values. yada yada

Each time I attempt to start Ootp it stops working and closes.

I am running Vista
I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled (several times)
I have the latest version
I have run as administrator
I have included an exception in my AVG anit-virus program
I have plenty of RAM and memory space (as the game ran successfully before).

Any suggestions on what I can do?? If this issue has been addressed successfully please point me to the thread that includes the solution.

I know this issue has been addressed in several threads, but I have been unable to find any solutions to this issue that is apparently facing myself and other users.
toddgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
FastLane
Major Leagues

In addition...

Ive had ootp 9 running fine for months on this same pc fine ever since I purchased it last summer. So, Im unsure as to what changed to cause the game to stop working altogether.

I'm now in the process of deleting all the files manually from my Users\Documents folders in addition to the full uninstall. Should I get lucky to get it working with a fully fresh reinstall, I'll be sure to let you know.

Edit: Nope, manually deleting all the folders from my documents folder and reinstalling clean didnt make a bit of difference. Any other suggestions?

Hating the New York Yankees is as American as apple pie, unwed mothers and cheating on your income tax. ~Mike Royko

Last edited by FastLane; 04-12-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: adding information
Old 04-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #12
toddgregory
Major Leagues

exactly the same problem that I and it appears others are having
Old 04-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddgregory View Post
I have included an exception in my AVG anit-virus program
I have plenty of RAM and memory space (as the game ran successfully before).
Are you using AVG version 8.5? Could you please try disabling it entirely just for long enough to try running OOTP 9?

Just to verify your memory, could you please hold down Alt+Ctrl and then press Del? Click on the Performance tab and let us know your Available Physical Memory, please.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Which anti-virus program are you running? (version too, please)
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #15
toddgregory
Major Leagues

it says I have 215 MB of available memory
Old 04-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
FastLane
Major Leagues

I'm running Kaspersky 7.0.1.325 Antivirus.

I havent yet tried to load OOTP 9 with it shut off, but I'll give it a try and report back.

(Note: Never had a problem running OOTP9 with Kaspersky running in the background before, though)

Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddgregory View Post
it says I have 215 MB of available memory
That is not a lot. In fact, it is probably not enough to run OOTP 9 as it falls short of the minimum requirements.

How much total physical memory do you have? If the game once worked and now does not based upon a lack of memory, then either your memory has become damaged or you have started running more programs than you used to. Hopefully the latter. Then it simply becomes a matter of clicking on the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager (the Alt-Ctrl-Del window), sorting by Mem Usage, and figuring out which programs are unnecessarily hogging your resources.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #18
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
I'm running Kaspersky 7.0.1.325 Antivirus.

I havent yet tried to load OOTP 9 with it shut off, but I'll give it a try and report back.

(Note: Never had a problem running OOTP9 with Kaspersky running in the background before, though)
Thanks for making the attempt. Sometimes these antivirus programs get a little too aggressive and start taking out legitimate programs for an update or two.

Also, just because I hit paydirt with it in another thread, could you please hold down Alt+Ctrl and then press Del? Click on the Performance tab and let us know your Available Physical Memory.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know if this would help your memory enough, but if you have the ability to plug in a memory card or usb drive, Vista will let you use it to run memory boost on your system. This uses the drive as additional memory and might possibly help.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
That is not a lot. In fact, it is probably not enough to run OOTP 9 as it falls short of the minimum requirements.

How much total physical memory do you have? If the game once worked and now does not based upon a lack of memory, then either your memory has become damaged or you have started running more programs than you used to. Hopefully the latter. Then it simply becomes a matter of clicking on the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager (the Alt-Ctrl-Del window), sorting by Mem Usage, and figuring out which programs are unnecessarily hogging your resources.
Vista uses memory differently. My task manager always shows a low free memory even when OOTP is running fine. I found these two links that may explain it.

Coding Horror: Why Does Vista Use All My Memory?

Explore the features: Performance
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote