Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 06-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

photos and logos folders

In the data folder, are these two folders completely useless? Im not seeing how they work. When I Start a new league, I have to copy all the images in photos and logos into the league images folder ino rder for them to work. Is there anyway I can set it to always take the photos from those folders?
HoustonGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGM
In the data folder, are these two folders completely useless? Im not seeing how they work. When I Start a new league, I have to copy all the images in photos and logos into the league images folder ino rder for them to work. Is there anyway I can set it to always take the photos from those folders?
Houston, I'd suggest looking at some of the threads in the Logos and Photos sub-forums here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3636

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3638

This will probably answer most of your questions.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

Thanks but I wasn't able to find anytihng about my question
Old 06-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You could create a league, save it as a quick-start, and then base new leagues on that one. That would copy them autoamtically, I believe...

Might not work for all occasions, but...
Old 06-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists
You could create a league, save it as a quick-start, and then base new leagues on that one. That would copy them autoamtically, I believe...

Might not work for all occasions, but...
the what now? I don't get how that affects those 2 folders?

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
the what now? I don't get how that affects those 2 folders?
Well, it sounds like he wants to create a second league, using the same bunch of custom photos and logos he used in the first league.

If that's the case, the quick-start option should bring those all over...

Of course, if he wants a different league config, that won't help.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #7
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

Im just asking what the point of the photos and logos folder in the data folder is. I don't see how they're ever used.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im just asking what the point of the photos and logos folder in the data folder is. I don't see how they're ever used.
Gotcha. Lemme try to get an answer for you.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #9
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

The logical conclusion would be that the game always takes the photos/logos from those folders. It would also cut down on the size of league folders if it automatically took the photos/logos from these folders all the time. I was surprised when I loaded up a league and none of the images worked.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
jdew
All Star Starter

Quote:

The photos folder probably was intended at one time to hold player photos. However that would mean the same photo gets used in every league, which isn't a really good idea particularly if you have player photos for fictional leagues and are using the player_xxx naming convention instead of the firstname_lastname convention. IMHO, having all player photos in a single folder can cause problems if you have multiple leagues. So, the bottom line is that the photos folder serves no real purpose at all.

The logos folder holds the big SI logo that gets displayed when OOTP starts up. It doesn't hold anything else. The same problem as described above with player photos could occur here if the logos folder held all logos for all leagues.
jdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #11
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

the photos folder is used to show the player pics on the player card inside the game. They dont show up there unless you put in there
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #12
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242
the photos folder is used to show the player pics on the player card inside the game. They dont show up there unless you put in there
Not true. You have to put it in the html > images folder of the particular league you want them to be in for them to show up in thegame.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #13
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

hmm, wierd, some pics do show up, but i cant get them all too. If i dont have them in the photos directory, they only show up in the History. Maybe i have to restart the game to see them in the game.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #14
HoustonGM
Major Leagues

I tried that too. The only way I was able to view player phiotos in game was by putting them in the league's images folder.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:05 AM   #15
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Well i deleted the pics from the data/photos directory and they show up in the player card. So i guess you only need them in the html/images directory. Cool
Old 06-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #16
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I use them as a hold. For example, in my photo folder I have two folders, historical and fictional. Then I have them there for whatever league I create. It helps to have a large hard drive with not much on it.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote