Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #41
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Wow, if you guys think OOTP is so awful and is produced so badly...what are you doing here waiting around for it to be released? Are you just a bunch of malcontents?

FTB: andymac
Old 03-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #42
mad0die
All Star Reserve

We'd like to think that OOTPBM:2006 is going to be a new, great thing for OOTP, but we are a little jaded since OOTP6. More and more features for solo play and less and less testing for online play has characterized recent releases. Last time I checked I haven't seen one blog on online play in OOTPBM:2006 either. Needless to say, I have not and will not be pre-ordering. I used to be a loyal OOTP customer now I'm wait and see.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #43
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0die
We'd like to think that OOTPBM:2006 is going to be a new, great thing for OOTP, but we are a little jaded since OOTP6.

You are using OOTP6 now, right? So, it must not be that bad.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #44
bibs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac
Wow, if you guys think OOTP is so awful and is produced so badly...what are you doing here waiting around for it to be released? Are you just a bunch of malcontents?

Our hope is that they will notice the quality issue and address it. They are used to hearing mindless fanboy asskissers like you tell them how great they are so we wanted to give them another perspective.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #45
mad0die
All Star Reserve

I stopped upgrading at 6.12. Patches beyond that didn't seem worth the trouble.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #46
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibs
Our hope is that they will notice the quality issue and address it. They are used to hearing mindless fanboy asskissers like you tell them how great they are so we wanted to give them another perspective.

I don't see where I am telling them "how great they are". I just don't think that insulting them is going to accomplish much. If there is a bug or a feature that needs improvement, report it. Other than that you are just causing problems. For instance, this thread has gotten away from the original topic because someone felt they needed to throw a jab.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #47
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I don't see where I am telling them "how great they are". I just don't think that insulting them is going to accomplish much. If there is a bug or a feature that needs improvement, report it. Other than that you are just causing problems.
To whom? This quy?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #48
fifthbetle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, boy. The FIBB is back.

Wait, I'm one of them!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #49
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To whom? This quy?

Not to anyone in particular...create a thread just like this one.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #50
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Threads like this are either completely ignored by OOTPD or they get flippant reponses like in this one. There is no effective channel to report problems to. Tech support sucks on OOTP. I was one of the few at the very beginning who took the SI purchase as a huge positive b/c of this reason and the whole paid QA thing.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #51
atlbrave1
Minors (Triple A)

While we're on topic, I was wondering if there is a difference if one is using the DIPS engine or the previous engine. I realize that the factors should work either way, but I was wondering if it was something that was working on the old engine side, but was missed on the DIPS side. I know in my test I was using the DIPS engine.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #52
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbrave1
While we're on topic, I was wondering if there is a difference if one is using the DIPS engine or the previous engine. I realize that the factors should work either way, but I was wondering if it was something that was working on the old engine side, but was missed on the DIPS side. I know in my test I was using the DIPS engine.
Ok, I'll handle this...

[Kuffrey] Need more info, EXACTLY what are you doing when this happens? [/Kuffrey]
Old 03-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #53
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbrave1

The engine type shouldn't matter for park effects as far as I know. Might be worth testing, though.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #54
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Threads like this are either completely ignored by OOTPD or they get flippant reponses like in this one. There is no effective channel to report problems to. Tech support sucks on OOTP. I was one of the few at the very beginning who took the SI purchase as a huge positive b/c of this reason and the whole paid QA thing.

I disagree. I think all major problems that have come up have been dealt with relatively quickly. I'm not sure what type of response you are expecting from a very small gaming company. I'm not even sure that Steve Kuffrey is a paid employee.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM   #55
bibs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The engine type shouldn't matter for park effects as far as I know. Might be worth testing, though.

That response was Kuffreyesque in it's stupidity and worthlessness.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #56
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
What makes me more mad is that I had already said that I was going to be Kuffrey on that topic.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #57
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I told him that the game engine isn't likely a factor, which is what my knowledge of the game tells me. I believe that is worth more than anything you have offered.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #58
bibs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I told him that the game engine isn't likely a factor, which is what my knowledge of the game tells me. I believe that is worth more than anything you have offered.

I'm glad you agree with me
Old 03-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #59
fanatix111
Minors (Single A)

So this skeleton goes into a bar and says "I'll take a beer and a mop".

FIBB 4 Life!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #60
fanatix111
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Bibs has forgotten more than we will ever know.

On a side note, that is a huge frickin cross you guys have in Effingham Andy.
Closed Thread