Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
majesty95
All Star Starter

How do drafts work?

I tried searching for this but could not find anything...

How does the amateur and Rule 5 draft work in an online league?
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

Both drafts are run on one day (as opposed to the MLB draft which lasts usually three days (I think).

Online league are several options on how to run the draft.

1) start the draft early offline allowing GM's to draft players using a third party utility, then import a csv file back into the game which details all the selections.

2) run the draft on draft day, typically with GM's making a huge list in the in-game function of their draft list.

3) other methods I haven't thought of.

Rule 5 drafts are typically run in-game with again GM's creating a list for the game to select from, I haven't seen done any other way.

UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #3
majesty95
All Star Starter

Interesting. Thanks! What 3rd party app do you recommend? Are you just talking a chat like Discord? Or is there something that manages the players from the game?
Old 01-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #4
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
Interesting. Thanks! What 3rd party app do you recommend? Are you just talking a chat like Discord? Or is there something that manages the players from the game?
I personally use Stats+ https://statsplus.net/

I in another league that uses OOTP online utilities but have seen drafts conducted on a league forum and google drive as well.
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:39 AM   #5
majesty95
All Star Starter

Stats+ looks cool but we use Discord instead of Slack so probably won’t be able to go that route. Can I export the draft class to CSV and then make it into a Google doc? We can then maybe do a Zoom call and draft the first five rounds and then aim the rest? Am I able to manually draft for each team in game if we draft offline?
Old 02-08-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
Dukesilver
Bat Boy

you can still use statsplus if you have discord... you just won't have the slack integration, which isn't a big deal.
Dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #7
majesty95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukesilver View Post
you can still use statsplus if you have discord... you just won't have the slack integration, which isn't a big deal.
Hmm. Ok. I guess I need more info and their site doesn’t really explain it well or give me a visual. It’s an app that lets everyone draft live? It somehow integrates with the game to do this? Sounds cool. But I guess for $50/yr I need to understand how it works and what it is better.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #8
majesty95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
Hmm. Ok. I guess I need more info and their site doesn’t really explain it well or give me a visual. It’s an app that lets everyone draft live? It somehow integrates with the game to do this? Sounds cool. But I guess for $50/yr I need to understand how it works and what it is better.
Can anyone provide more insight into this? Otherwise can I export the data via CSV and Crete a Google doc and let us live draft using that and then go back in an make each selection manually? Or is that more difficult than I’m thinking?