Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
3RunHomer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I bought an Aussie knuckleballer

I purchased an Australian knuckleball pitcher from a team in Adelaide! Seems like a bargain for $250,000, but he's only 18 so who knows how he'll turn out.

His nickname is great. He's the first knuckleballer I've seen in the game. Maybe I'm just not observant.

I like buying prospects from Australia and Mexico. It makes me feel like a real baseball robber baron. I'll take what I want and you can't stop me! Bwahahaha.
Attached Images
3RunHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

G'day, mate! The only thing I don't like about his potential is Hold Runners. That's more important than we give it credit for, perhaps. I wonder if it improves with maturity, ever?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Hold runner issue is part of his being a knuckleballer and throwing in the low 80's.
Rain King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RunHomer View Post
...purchased...
I've never seen the option to do this in over a full year, how does it happen?

Have fun with your junkballer!
Qeltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #5
kosmos412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeltar View Post
I've never seen the option to do this in over a full year, how does it happen?

Have fun with your junkballer!
By default I think the Mexican and Australian Leagues have the purchase ability. Possibly the Dutch and Italian Leauges too. Same as in any of the independent leagues. Purchase option is there when you right click the player for transactions, etc.
kosmos412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

the way that guy played in rookie ball i think the future looks promising. where you going to play him next year in the minors?
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos412 View Post
By default I think the Mexican and Australian Leagues have the purchase ability. Possibly the Dutch and Italian Leauges too. Same as in any of the independent leagues. Purchase option is there when you right click the player for transactions, etc.
Interesting, thanks. I see the OP is playing Baltimore so there must be some way to set those up as feeder leagues or something.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #8
3RunHomer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I see the OP is playing Baltimore so there must be some way to set those up as feeder leagues or something.
It’s set up that way as a default. You can buy players from Australia, Mexico and the independent leagues anytime you want.

Rarely is there anything good in Mexico. But occasionally good prospects show up in Australia who are very young (17 or 18). Decent prospects show up in the independent leagues most often, but they don’t have as high ceilings as the Australian players.

I use the player search page to find prospects. Set a filter to see just international or just independent league players. Then sort by potential. The international pages will be full of Korean and Japanese players but it’s easy to skim the list for Australia and Mexico.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #9
3RunHomer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrtoothtiger View Post
the way that guy played in rookie ball i think the future looks promising. where you going to play him next year in the minors?
A league Delmarva I guess. His current ratings and age don’t look like he’s ready for AA.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #10
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RunHomer View Post
I use the player search page to find prospects. Set a filter to see just international or just independent league players. Then sort by potential. The international pages will be full of Korean and Japanese players but it’s easy to skim the list for Australia and Mexico.
I feel a bit daft. Where exactly are you doing this? Whenever I search for players anywhere in the game I only get players in MLB or the minors...

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #11
3RunHomer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I feel a bit daft. Where exactly are you doing this? Whenever I search for players anywhere in the game I only get players in MLB or the minors...
It’s hidden. The user interface of this game needs a lot of work.

Click on the little magnifying glass in the right hand column. That connects to the player shortlist and search page. The shortlist comes up first, so click on the tab that says “player search”. That brings up the list of every player in every league everywhere.

That list is huge so I use a filter to get just the independent leagues or just the international leagues.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Thanks. I found that, but there's nobody in any league but the MLB system. I set a filter and also sorted by nationality and there don't seem to be any other leagues...
Old 05-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #13
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks. I found that, but there's nobody in any league but the MLB system. I set a filter and also sorted by nationality and there don't seem to be any other leagues...
Need to have the other leagues active.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:19 PM   #14
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Ah okay. 3RunHomer said it was set that way by default so I must have turned it off but I don't recall doing anything like that.

Probably for the best. I get enough steals through trades.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:51 AM   #15
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

I've found that you can find some decent-good players in the Australian league. Especially after they've had their draft. I signed a 19 year old, 1st round selection player. He's Chinese and Australian and following the 2018 season (I'm playing a regular MLB QS as the Red Sox) he's the #3 overall prospect in MLB.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #16
3RunHomer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Ah okay. 3RunHomer said it was set that way by default so I must have turned it off but I don't recall doing anything like that.

Probably for the best. I get enough steals through trades.
When you start, the game asks what leagues you want to include. There’s a checklist and you have to check the ones you want.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #17
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Ah, guess it's too late for me then. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #18
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah, guess it's too late for me then. Thanks for the reply.
Restarting a league multiple times is the norm.
I haven't finished a full season in years
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #19
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
People finish full seasons?!?!!?!?!
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #20
Qeltar
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
Just the thought of having to find another 20 coaches and managers who work well with my teams makes me shudder.