Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

View Poll Results: Marlins Start Year
1993 Inaugural Season 22 64.71%
Stanton Rookie year 2 5.88%
Jose Fernandez Rookie Season 4 11.76%
Any other year 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

If you were to play as the Marlins...........

If you were to play with the Marlins, what year would you start with?

Last edited by Aceshigh24; 04-01-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
Kronos
Major Leagues

97, keep that team together and see what happens.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

1993. Start with the original team and see what you can do with the franchise.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:56 AM   #4
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Any year would work for me. I would quit and sign with another franchise.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #5
tobin834
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Their expansion year and see what happened.
tobin834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

current day is basically starting as an expansion team, so it's basically the same in my book
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
current day is basically starting as an expansion team, so it's basically the same in my book
I agree. I do think all three ideas are interesting: what happened if the 1997 team stayed together (similar idea with the 1994 Expos or even the post 1974 Oakland As); start at the beginning of the franchise and see what you can do; but most of all I would start with today's team as it is, as walllewalls states, about the same thing.

I would go further: I watched the team play two games against the Cubs on MLBTV and they play very well this year. The opposite of the Cardinals who seem like the bad news bears the past two seasons.

They play sharp baseball and were completely competitive against one of the most powerful teams in baseball. They are likable as well.

And Don Mattingly was my favorite player ever.

So, get the 2018 Marlins into the World Series ! I will be rooting for you.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #8
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Gonna need a Game Genie or cheat codes for that one...
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:20 AM   #9
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I agree. I do think all three ideas are interesting: what happened if the 1997 team stayed together (similar idea with the 1994 Expos or even the post 1974 Oakland As); start at the beginning of the franchise and see what you can do; but most of all I would start with today's team as it is, as walllewalls states, about the same thing.

I would go further: I watched the team play two games against the Cubs on MLBTV and they play very well this year. The opposite of the Cardinals who seem like the bad news bears the past two seasons.

They play sharp baseball and were completely competitive against one of the most powerful teams in baseball. They are likable as well.

2 games is not enough to tell if a team is good. the Cardinals will be much better than the Marlins odds are
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #10
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Ok now that you have mentioned the Expos, Has anyone tried to work with the 1994 Expos and keep them in Canada? I like that idea and now i may have to start another universe with them. Thanks a lot
Old 04-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
2 games is not enough to tell if a team is good. the Cardinals will be much better than the Marlins odds are
I assume almost everyone is going to BE better than the Marlins this year, but they PLAY better than the Cardinals do and even the Cubs look shabby playing them.

Yes the Marlins will lose most of these games. But they aren't making mental mistakes or not running out ground balls, they are playing sharp defense.

I saw these things in the way Houston played that year they lost all those games, but beat the Yankees much of the time they played. I knew a sharp young team when I saw it. The Marlins won't win a lot of games, but they will be fun to watch and will not humiliate their fans while losing. And will lose only because they are overpowered, not because they are going through the motions.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #12
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Definitely '93 for me. I was indifferent about baseball until we got a team. I grew up playing and watching football with the Gators & Buccaneers. Baseball was just something other people talked about. No games on the radio or TV in North Flroida in the '70s & '80's. Then when we got the Marlins I started watching, following, going to games and fell in love with the sport. I still remember everyone on the '93 club.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #13
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Definitely '93 for me. I was indifferent about baseball until we got a team. I grew up playing and watching football with the Gators & Buccaneers. Baseball was just something other people talked about. No games on the radio or TV in North Flroida in the '70s & '80's. Then when we got the Marlins I started watching, following, going to games and fell in love with the sport. I still remember everyone on the '93 club.
Good ol Charlie Hough!