Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

International Complex

Is there a way to do away with the International Complex? I would like all players to have to enter the league through the draft.

If I did this for a standard MLB set-up how would you adjust the number of rounds and number of rounds worth of players created?

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

league settings -> Players tab (if not options?)

dropdown box for # of international amatuers and # of discoveries needs to be "0" or "off" etc.

should fix it.

answer to question 2 - maybe.

do you have any teams barely maintaining enough players to fill their MiL teams, or is there an obvious glottuny of players for all teams.?

if it's the latter, you dont' have to worry much... if it's the previous, then you may want to keep an eye on your leagues MiL #'s at each level.

e.g. if you see a team that regularly has ~30-40 players at a particular level, and after 3-5 years you only see 20-30, it could be because they are in need of more players * after this change, since it's showing a trend downward over time from what was once normal.

do you have service time limits or any other rules etc? some basic math can work you through whether oyu need more. basically if the # of players from draft cannot fill the leagues based on requirements, you need more.

if this is a REAL mlb setup, you also have to deal with the fact some teams have 4 rookie teams and some have a different #. so, in this context you'd want to focus on teh teams with the most # of teams at any 1 level.

if they have enough, the rest of the league will certainly have enough. when it's uniform, you'll have to look for the lowest values you see in teh entire league and whether it drops too low over time.

you'll see a wide range... 25-50 players at the same level on different teams etc... nothign you can do about that... the important thng is to make sure they are not 'short' on players.

mlb setup : ~40 rounds should be plenty even if you turn off discoveries and july 2nd amatuers.

a) 30teams -- 30 "july 2nd amatuers" split among league is equivalent to 1 round of players created

b) 30teams -- 6 "discoveries" each team is like ~6 rounds, but they are 90% the worst calliber players you'll see in minors... ie won't make it beyond a-ball often. so, i wouldn't look at them as if it's 6 less rounds of players.

probably only a problem if borderline somewhere in system. hesitate to say with such confidence without all the information.

Last edited by NoOne; 11-11-2017 at 01:26 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
league settings -> Players tab (if not options?)

dropdown box for # of international amatuers and # of discoveries needs to be "0" or "off" etc.

should fix it.

answer to question 2 - maybe.

do you have any teams barely maintaining enough players to fill their MiL teams, or is there an obvious glottuny of players for all teams.?

if it's the latter, you dont' have to worry much... if it's the previous, then you may want to keep an eye on your leagues MiL #'s at each level.

e.g. if you see a team that regularly has ~30-40 players at a particular level, and after 3-5 years you only see 20-30, it could be because they are in need of more players * after this change, since it's showing a trend downward over time from what was once normal.

do you have service time limits or any other rules etc? some basic math can work you through whether oyu need more. basically if the # of players from draft cannot fill the leagues based on requirements, you need more.

if this is a REAL mlb setup, you also have to deal with the fact some teams have 4 rookie teams and some have a different #. so, in this context you'd want to focus on teh teams with the most # of teams at any 1 level.

if they have enough, the rest of the league will certainly have enough. when it's uniform, you'll have to look for the lowest values you see in teh entire league and whether it drops too low over time.

you'll see a wide range... 25-50 players at the same level on different teams etc... nothign you can do about that... the important thng is to make sure they are not 'short' on players.

mlb setup : ~40 rounds should be plenty even if you turn off discoveries and july 2nd amatuers.

a) 30teams -- 30 "july 2nd amatuers" split among league is equivalent to 1 round of players created

b) 30teams -- 6 "discoveries" each team is like ~6 rounds, but they are 90% the worst calliber players you'll see in minors... ie won't make it beyond a-ball often. so, i wouldn't look at them as if it's 6 less rounds of players.

probably only a problem if borderline somewhere in system. hesitate to say with such confidence without all the information.
I am just getting the league of the ground. I have not put any roster rules for the minor leagues. Should I? I was thinking 40 rounds with 50 rounds of players generated.

And yes this is a standard MLB set up.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 11-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote