Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
Bahnzo
Minors (Single A)

Determining High Leverage?

So I see in my pitchers I can assign them to pitch or avoid high leverage situations. But I don't know how to see if they are good in those situations.

Is there a stat(s) in-game somewhere to help with this? Or something else?
Bahnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo View Post
So I see in my pitchers I can assign them to pitch or avoid high leverage situations. But I don't know how to see if they are good in those situations.

As in real life, it comes from watching previous performances and developing opinions of pitcher reliability in high-pressure situations.

Low ERA, low WHIP, high Save conversions, high Stuff ratings (for strikeouts) can be indicators. But, you get to know your pitching staff on another level.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
Bahnzo
Minors (Single A)

I'm not really a watch every game guy, I like to sim weeks, etc. Was hoping there was some stats that would help show it.

And there is: Looking at a player's Pitching Stats, in the dropdown selecting "Expanded Pitching Stats" will show a table with "LI" which is Leverage Index.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/get-t...everage-index/

Last edited by Bahnzo; 04-04-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Bahnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not really a watch every game guy, I like to sim weeks, etc. Was hoping there was some stats that would help show it.

And there is: Looking at a player's Pitching Stats, in the dropdown selecting "Expanded Pitching Stats" will show a table with "LI" which is Leverage Index.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/get-t...everage-index/
Well, sir, it's now my turn to thank you, and I do. That stat must have crept into a recent version of OOB, probably when leverage itself was introduced in the game - it's not even in the Glossary yet. I don't know if trust that stat - notice your link does not define how it is calculated - but it's something to go by.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:25 AM   #5
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

http://www.insidethebook.com/li.shtml

This seems to dictate what is considered high leverage. Depends on the situation. Inning, outs, runners on, score differential.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Being good in high leverage situations is not really a repeatable skill, like batters getting "clutch" hits. At least, not according to statistical studies.

So generally it should just be your best relievers getting used in those spots.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes, you can see leverage stats

Quote:

Go to the pitchers info screen, 4th tab to right is "Pitching Stats" (OOTP 18), in the title bar below there are option tabs and choose the 3rd tab to the right "Opponents Batting Splits" and scroll down to the bottom and they list stats for LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH leverage situations.
Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

amazingly, if they are highly rated, they will most likely be 'clucth' with a large enough track record.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote