Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

International free agents

Just getting used to MLB and ootp and rules... So my question. Is IRL jays just signed a 16 yr old to a minor deal plus 1.4 millipn bonus... If i did that in ootp do they then go to rookie league or do they play other complex teams or how does that work just wondering
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
chazzycat
All Star Starter

They will go to your international complex by default. From there you can promote them wherever you want.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Does ur complex play other teams complex or how does that work? Is it staff that just work on developing them all season long?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they basically just simmer in the complex until moved into the 'real' minor league system... the only ratings changes will be TCR type stuff while in the complex... no 'normal' development occurs there.

so, you move them asap, IMHO (i mass move 18y.o.'s)... some say wait until ~20...

a hybrid strategy is probably best. Batting example: if they are a bit 'lacking' in contact relative to other Rookie-league players, you may want to wait a year.... but, it's very unlikely he will improve in teh complex... might as well toss them out there and see what you get (plus more accurate scouting in R vs complex, ceterus paribus)

i've sent a 17 year old to rookie league because he had a ~50/100 contact rating (underdeveloped in a normal way, otherwise)... he was in AAA by the end of the year and the MLB the folowing season as a 18 year old. (maybe it took 2 years and he was 19, either way it was FAST and he was very young -- all i did is react to the development changes of the ratings)

this guy was huge avoid ks, good babip but didn't take a walk very well... np, he hit mid-300's many years and topped 200hits anytime healthy -- amazing leadoff guy despite low walks, still a high obp... pretty sure he got to 4k hits, but not all with my team. k'd 5-20 times a year or so, lol.

take what the game gives you... let the players development determine the decision, not a guess or a feeling.

intelligence is the biggest key to development, not work ethic, btw.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-10-2017 at 10:05 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I know ur scouting director finds international free agents and at the same time save money from going over the cap and such but is it worth going over the cap depending o nwho the prospect is or is it bets to be safe and see what kind of international players ur staff brings in
Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Are you talking IAFA (International Amateur Free Agents) or IFA (International Free Agents)? Because they are 2 entirely different things.

IAFA will go to your complex if you sign them. (The IAFA window opens July 1 default depending on your setup)

IFA's show up during off season FA and when signed are like any other FA you sign - you put them where you want them (ML, AAA, AA etc etc)
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

the discoveries (emails from scout) will simply happen, no worries.

definitely spend money on the int'l amatuers -- well worth it. even if some don't pan out, no big deal.

opinions differ on a general rule of thumb, but i recommend waiting until 18 or an old 17.

however, if they have really high ratings and at least an old 16, toss them to the wolves in Rookie and see what happens. if ther ratings tank immediately, that is not due to poor play. it's due to scouting inaccuracy setting and how it works differently in rookies vs complex.

it's definitely less accurate in the complex. batters a bit easier to send at a young age with more confidence... basically just contact to concern about, while pitchers need multiple ratings to be accurate about.

**if you can go over the cap, you should splurge anytime you can afford it. as of '18 in real life, it's a hard cap. checkbox in game controls this option. anyway, if off, even plan any potential 'larger' salary dumps to coordinate with your alternating splurge years. an extra 20M to spend might get a couple good prospects.

of course, 25-man concerns trump any 'planning' suggested above. if i need more of my budget for payroll, i spend it there, first. when 'tons' of money is just sitting there, i spend like a drunken sailor in the past. i do the math on the 100% lux tax and spend upto i still make a ~profit.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-01-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:44 PM   #8
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

sorry i ment the younger international free agents the 15-17 yr old ones..
Old 08-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, those are the ones teh scout 'finds' and you get an email about it.

when to move? try both.. i like at least an old 17, others like asap, and still others as late as possible. i'll gurantee one thing, waiting should only be for some greater, over-arching strategy relating to timing and a bit of speculation. sometimes delaying a year is a good thing, i won't discount that possibility -- and it may even reduce volatility as well as reduce ceilings like HS vs college draftee concept and similar causes...i just don't put much stock into guessing timing at age 16-18 etc... it varies to greatly to count on it, so i put them there as soon as ratings or ~18ish or close enough.

typically, if they are rated 20/80 or bottom of scale etc, then they will be the worse of the worst... A-ball will be the end of the road for the majority of those particular players and that is the high-end for the typical ones.

you will see some well-rated ones at some point, but few and far between. relative to the july 2nd signed int'l amatuers, they are a step below outside of the stellar ones... the july 2nd ones can run the whole gambit in a more "normal" distribution (specific term, not laymans).

maybe it's changed since, but accuracy seems to be good for the ones in the email -- maybe not precision, but if 20/80 you know they are junk... if rated above, you know they are at least AAA-bound, if not MLB stardom once a decade or so on average..

Last edited by NoOne; 08-02-2017 at 04:24 PM.