Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 03-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

League Creation - some small bugs

I have noted that some small bugs are still in the game.

When i create a new ficitional league i adjust many settings and after starting the game the default values are still in place.

a) All Star Game Date

I prefer to set the date myself. Every time game ignores it and uses the standart game (somewhere in the middle of the season). I know this bug from earlier versions and my solution was to edit the schedule xml.

b) When i add manually a High School league in the advanced mode the game "forgets" it when it creates the universum. Only the option "add complete Feeders" works.
Tullius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

for now, i can tell you why it's happening and you can avoid it until it's fixed.

if the schedule file being used has an asg scheduled, it will be reset each year from any changes you make.

goto league settings - > options. click the button next to the file name to open file location. right click and "edit" the file, or just open with notepad.

search for ...type="4... (or is it type="14, include the quotation mark). only one game will be that type, it will show home and away = 0, too, if the other serach term doesn't find it, use that. it's probably around day 100-110ish probably, if 162 game / 184day season.

delete that line from the file, or move it to a day you want it to occur on automatically each year. if you want to manually set it to a different day # each year, you'll probably have to do it each preseason. it won't maintain the date unless you start the season on a specific day, like april 1.

if you do want to just move it, set it in the game first, let it create the new schedule, then export that schedule to a new file. name it and make sure to import that newly made file the next preseason. (name it for the league as the old schedule was named, maybe even rename/move the old schedule file so it doesn't accidentally get auto-selected due to its name)

this will get fixed eventually, so this can keep you working correctly until then.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-27-2016 at 04:40 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

So i have solved the problem in the past and i had special schedules for every league.

But now (build 37) i have serious problem with feeder leagues. I can set up leagues (and are saved in the world template) but they will not be created.

Edit:

I have now a working template but i had to add feeder leagues manually. The option "add completer feeder" did not work.

Last edited by Tullius; 03-28-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

What i have noted again (like in OOTP) the game inflates the feeder league teams with players. After two years i have the first teams having already 34 -35 players (active roster size is 25). I do not understand why the games does not simple replace players who have gone.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:51 AM   #5
Tullius
Minors (Triple A)

After some more test i should clarify that a feeder team has around 30 players on its roster (active roster size 25) which would be ok. But then there are still too many feeder leagues "FA" in the world (some have never played). I need player for the draft but now i have around 400.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i can't help with feeders. i bet older forums will still have useful information for you, though.

just hope they spelled stuff right so you can search for it easily
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote