Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
A sincere thanks

OOTP team I really want to thank you guys for this great game. I discovered it when version 13 came out when my mother was battling cancer it help me stay level headed. She unfortunately lost her battle a few weeks before version 14 came out. I hit a low, depression was severe. When 14 came out it helped me get passed it. My mind did not dwell on the negative but I was being entertained and I was enjoying myself again. Sadly my father has Cancer too now. We found out 3 weeks ago. So know we have to get back into battle mod but no doubt this game (version 16) will continue to help me find some enjoyment and Be normal.
Thanks again guys

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
OOTP team I really want to thank you guys for this great game. I discovered it when version 13 came out when my mother was battling cancer it help me stay level headed. She unfortunately lost her battle a few weeks before version 14 came out. I hit a low, depression was severe. When 14 came out it helped me get passed it. My mind did not dwell on the negative but I was being entertained and I was enjoying myself again. Sadly my father has Cancer too now. We found out 3 weeks ago. So know we have to get back into battle mod but no doubt this game (version 16) will continue to help me find some enjoyment and Be normal.
Thanks again guys
Stay strong brotherman.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

I have suffered similar losses. You deal with it, man up, and go on the best way you can. When things are darkest, bury yourself in your work and in your gaming, and stay away from drugs and alcohol. Life is hard. Be harder.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

I wish you and your father all the best. I hope he gets well soon!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

That is a good story and a bad one all in one. I lost my father and my brother the same, to cancer and ootp was great for occupying my time. For that I will also always be grateful.

There is help for you, with depression and whatever. Lean on whomever you need to, talk and don't shut down. Keep your head up, spend every chance you get with them and enjoy them and help them through this awful sickness. Most of all, let them know you love them and stay strong.

God bless you and your family at your difficult time.

Stay strong
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Thank you very much. For your kind words

Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Hey thanks for sharing your story, stay strong and keep smiling!!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:39 PM   #8
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

I myself have been suffering from chronic illness for the past 13 years. Playing OOTPB for the past 5 or 6 years has been therapeutic for me, helping me keep my mind off my illness.

Wishing you the best during these difficult and trying times. And God bless you and your family...
Old 01-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #9
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
I myself have been suffering from chronic illness for the past 13 years. Playing OOTPB for the past 5 or 6 years has been therapeutic for me, helping me keep my mind off my illness.

Wishing you the best during these difficult and trying times. And God bless you and your family...
Im sorry to hear. But im glad to hear your finding some joy and entertainment in your life. Just keep pushing forward, it's all we can do

Old 01-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I saw MD tonight and mentioned this. His message back was: "When life becomes a bed of nails, become a hammer."
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Good luck to you and your family!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks again guys
Padreman, similar story, mine. Here's to life and OOTPB:

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #13
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

God bless you and your family, Padreman. I'm sure that you are an incredible man. Stay strong!
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:10 PM   #14
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Wishing you and your father the best, Padreman.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #15
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Thank you all. A good news I guess is the type of cancer my dad has is not as aggressive as the one my mother had. In fact he just got a bone scan and it has not spread any where else. It's in the liver. They said he could be a likely candidate for a dinner transplant which is a 2 year waiting list. Unless someone give volunteers. Which I did. We just have to now make sure he definitely qualifies

Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #16
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Stay strong. I lost my father earlier this month to cancer, and OOTP played a big part in helping me to keep it together. My warmest thoughts are with you and your family.

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #17
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebutter View Post
Stay strong. I lost my father earlier this month to cancer, and OOTP played a big part in helping me to keep it together. My warmest thoughts are with you and your family.
I'm very sorry to hear. So recent too. I'm glad you too found something (OOTP) help you find some normality

Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #18
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks again guys
I'll be praying for you man.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #19
BradC
All Star Starter

My thoughts are with you and your family, Padreman.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #20
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Thank all. It Means a lot. This is an awesome caring forum