Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
lineman108
Bat Boy

New Ballpark

We need to have an option for building a new ballpark. I know you can currently edit the name of the ballpark and/or change the attributes for it, but i would rather have the option to build a new ballpark. With that option you should be able to relocate to another city if you desire.
lineman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You can already do this. There are plenty of Ballpark images available for download. You can adjust the distances, fence height, park factors to your liking.

This has been in OOTP for some time now.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I think he's saying he wants the game to recognize it as an option, where it maybe takes a year to build, you get a small Fan Interest boost, etc. As it stands now, you have to create the story in your head, because the game never acknowledges that you have a new ballpark.

While I'm not for this idea, I'm not totally against it, either.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
lineman108
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I think he's saying he wants the game to recognize it as an option, where it maybe takes a year to build, you get a small Fan Interest boost, etc. As it stands now, you have to create the story in your head, because the game never acknowledges that you have a new ballpark.

While I'm not for this idea, I'm not totally against it, either.
That is exactly what i meant. I want it to be an option to build a new park or relocate(if you think you might have better luck with fans in a new city) and wait a year or 2 for the stadium to be built. Have news stories to go with it. If you are moving to a new city for the time it takes to build a new stadium you will recieve a penalty on your attendance (fans pissed off you are leaving).
lineman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:04 AM   #5
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I've already been mulling over the ways this sort of thing can be accomplished. But, as always, if one delves more deeply into it one quickly sees it really touches upon a number of areas. It's not just building a new park that ought to be there, but also the option to upgrade one's existing park by adding seats to increase capacity, increasing the proportion of seats which are club seats/luxury suites, and adding lights to the park.

To really do the idea justice it would take a revamp of the game's financial system. (A subject I've been thinking about for a couple of years now...)

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 01-31-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I've already been mulling over the ways this sort of thing can be accomplished. But, as always, if one delves more deeply into it one quickly sees it really touches upon a number of areas. It's not just building a new park that ought to be there, but also the option to upgrade one's existing park by adding seats to increase capacity, increasing the proportion of seats which are club seats/luxury suites, and adding lights to the park.

To really do the idea justice it would take a revamp of the game's financial system. (A subject I've been thinking about for a couple of years now...)
I'd be fine if it wasn't tied into into the financials. It would be great if it was. But if we can just select build a new ballpark- where it can walk you through the option it just takes the money out of your cash. upgrades too- add x number of seats for x number of dollars. This way teams can use up there cash. Or maybe have the owners change the stadiums automatically every so years created randomly. Option to turn this on or off.
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
I'd be fine if it wasn't tied into into the financials. It would be great if it was. But if we can just select build a new ballpark- where it can walk you through the option it just takes the money out of your cash. upgrades too- add x number of seats for x number of dollars. This way teams can use up there cash.
That is, by definition, involving the financial system.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #8
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

While the financial aspect is not something that interests me, the idea of having a ballpark creator where you input things like fence heights and distance from fair territory for the stands and the program then calculates the amount of foul territory and the program uses this information (in conjunction with altitude) to give you ball park effects.

From a user standpoint, it is a little backwards to ask for the desired park factors from the user and have the fence distances meaningless. A user putting in a 400 ft CF at sea level means nothing. The "400" might as well be "Fred" for all that it means to the game play.

To have a coded standard that can be accessed would be wonderful.

Do I want a 1.132 HR factor? I don't freaking know. But I want a Three River Stadium with 10' fences 5 feet closer than they were in 1979. A computer program of this nature should be able to give me a HR factor (among the others) that may be something like 1.132, or a whole lot different. It doesn't matter what the number actually is. What matters is that there is a mechanism for providing a contextual figure within the software.

I, as the user, shouldn't have to guess what number OOTP needs to make this reality configure to the context of the other parks in my environment. A tool should provide a number. Then I should have the option of modifying that number further, if I desire.

Before getting into the infinitely more nebulous labor of making the financials of a ballpark "realistic". How about a tool that gives us a proper output when, for instance, we move in the power alley fences for our newly signed Dave Winfield?

Such a feature would have broad appeal, I believe.

There might also be a niche group of people interested in adjustable gravity factors, as well.....but, that is, literally, asking for the moon.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 AM   #9
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
While the financial aspect is not something that interests me, the idea of having a ballpark creator where you input things like fence heights and distance from fair territory for the stands and the program then calculates the amount of foul territory and the program uses this information (in conjunction with altitude) to give you ball park effects.

From a user standpoint, it is a little backwards to ask for the desired park factors from the user and have the fence distances meaningless. A user putting in a 400 ft CF at sea level means nothing. The "400" might as well be "Fred" for all that it means to the game play.

To have a coded standard that can be accessed would be wonderful.

Do I want a 1.132 HR factor? I don't freaking know. But I want a Three River Stadium with 10' fences 5 feet closer than they were in 1979. A computer program of this nature should be able to give me a HR factor (among the others) that may be something like 1.132, or a whole lot different. It doesn't matter what the number actually is. What matters is that there is a mechanism for providing a contextual figure within the software.

I, as the user, shouldn't have to guess what number OOTP needs to make this reality configure to the context of the other parks in my environment. A tool should provide a number. Then I should have the option of modifying that number further, if I desire.

Before getting into the infinitely more nebulous labor of making the financials of a ballpark "realistic". How about a tool that gives us a proper output when, for instance, we move in the power alley fences for our newly signed Dave Winfield?

Such a feature would have broad appeal, I believe.

There might also be a niche group of people interested in adjustable gravity factors, as well.....but, that is, literally, asking for the moon.
I have an Excel spreadsheet I found way back from OOTP 6 days that calcs factors
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
I have an Excel spreadsheet I found way back from OOTP 6 days that calcs factors
Do you have a link for that, or can you post the file here?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #11
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

why not consider a negotiation with that respective city to keep the park there at the end of its 20 to 30 year lease then if that fails after a few years of negotiating then threaten to move the team to another city. Fans in part will do their thing by peaking their interest. I think this would bring a little more reality to the game. I seen this option in online leagues although no storyline associated with it.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #12
HuachucaThunder
Minors (Triple A)

I think this MIGHT be a good idea, if it can be coded as an option. I played PureSim Baseball prior to finding OOTP and I believe that an owner had the option to actually build a ballpark with whatever factors he wanted. I may be mistaken seeing it has been years since I even thought about that game, until this topic came up.
HuachucaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
why not consider a negotiation with that respective city to keep the park there at the end of its 20 to 30 year lease then if that fails after a few years of negotiating then threaten to move the team to another city. Fans in part will do their thing by peaking their interest. I think this would bring a little more reality to the game. I seen this option in online leagues although no storyline associated with it.
Recreating the sort of blackmail (or 'franchise free agency' as it has been called in academic studies) done by big league sports clubs to fleece taxpayers isn't something that seems desirable.

Let the clubs upgrade or build new parks whenever they wish; the only limitation would be whether the club can afford the long-term costs. For relocation, let that be determined by attendance and revenue considerations (along with a three-quarters approval vote by other league members).