Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
tejdog1
All Star Starter

When expanding a league

And generating new minor league teams for the ML team... can we please get the following:

AAA
AA
A+
A
A-
R+
R

The way it is right now, we get one A+, no A, and two R+ teams, it's kinda weird.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
And generating new minor league teams for the ML team... can we please get the following:

AAA
AA
A+
A
A-
R+
R

The way it is right now, we get one A+, no A, and two R+ teams, it's kinda weird.
A+ and A would be nice, but there's no such real life level as R+ or A-. You get two R teams now, which is exactly how it happens irl.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-25-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
blasek0
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
no such real life level as R+ or A-. You grt two R teams now, which is exactly how it happens irl.
I think he's using R+ to refer to Short Season A. A- isn't really a thing, although most of the industry uses Low-A to refer to Class A, and High-A/A+ to refer to Class A Advanced.

Some teams only have one rookie league affiliate (not counting Dominican Summer League teams), some teams have two. OOTP doesn't use the DSL teams at all, however.

EDIT: However, OOTP's game engine, at present, doesn't allow for an in-game distinction between A and A+, and that would require a lot of work to change.

Last edited by blasek0; 01-25-2014 at 01:20 PM.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasek0 View Post
OOTP doesn't use the DSL teams at all, however.
Seen the feature list for 15 yet
Old 01-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I think he's using R+ to refer to Short Season A. A- isn't really a thing, although most of the industry uses Low-A to refer to Class A, and High-A/A+ to refer to Class A Advanced.

EDIT: However, OOTP's game engine, at present, doesn't allow for an in-game distinction between A and A+, and that would require a lot of work to change.
Well, S A is in the game.

I agree that having A+ and A clearly differentiated would be nice, but you're right in that it'd take a lot of work and I know Markus doesn't think the benefit would be worth the effort.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well, S A is in the game.

I agree that having A+ and A clearly differentiated would be nice, but you're right in that it'd take a lot of work and I know Markus doesn't think the benefit would be worth the effort.
No no, I mean the advanced rookie leagues (Appy and uh... Pioneer? I think) and the complex rookie leagues (AZL and GCL). I call them R+ and R, though I know most don't.

And A- is the SSA teams, the NYPL and the Northwest League (again, I think, not well versed in the other leagues).

And it's unnerving

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Old 01-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #7
blasek0
Major Leagues

Quote:
No no, I mean the advanced rookie leagues (Appy and uh... Pioneer? I think) and the complex rookie leagues (AZL and GCL). I call them R+ and R, though I know most don't.

And A- is the SSA teams, the NYPL and the Northwest League (again, I think, not well versed in the other leagues).
From MILB.com, they use the classifications of AAA, AA, A Adv, A, Short Season A, Rookie. AZL/GCL/DSL/VSL/Pioneer/Frontier are all considered a rookie league affiliate with no further breakdowns in classification, as far as the official rules go. Technically the Mexican Leagues are all independent AAA teams, as well, but that's a whole different can of worms.

That teams use the Pioneer and Frontier leagues as slight advancements on the complex leagues (GCL, AZL) is entirely subjective. They are, by the rules, considered to be at the exact same level as the complex leagues.

Quote:
Seen the feature list for 15 yet
By the release email, 15's adding the Cuban and Mexican professional leagues, not the DSL/VSL. I think the assumption, for now, is that the International Complex is the DSL/VSL affiliates, or whatever cloned version you choose to call them if you play fictional leagues.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:

Appy is a short season rookie league in RL, same in OOTP
NorthWest league is a SS A ball in RL same in OOTP

I would think building OOTP based on an individual calling distinction that does not exist in RL could cause problem. Maybe the advent of DSL will allow you to split the leagues an meet your goal,

so the only missing is lack of obvious distinction between full season A and A+

Last edited by le receveur; 01-25-2014 at 08:12 PM.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
By the release email, 15's adding the Cuban and Mexican professional leagues, not the DSL/VSL. I think the assumption, for now, is that the International Complex is the DSL/VSL affiliates, or whatever cloned version you choose to call them if you play fictional leagues.
Well, given that I personally just added the DSL and VSL into the master db file last week, I can assure you that OOTP 15 will indeed have the DSL and VSL

Pretty sure Markus mentioned it in the release too, I think it was in the MLB roster set section though, not the same section as the int leagues.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
Appy is a short season rookie league in RL, same in OOTP
NorthWest league is a SS A ball in RL same in OOTP

I would think building OOTP based on an individual calling distinction that does not exist in RL could cause problem. Maybe the advent of DSL will allow you to split the leagues an meet your goal,

so the only missing is lack of obvious distinction between full season A and A+
Yeah, exactly.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #11
blasek0
Major Leagues

Quote:
Well, given that I personally just added the DSL and VSL into the master db file last week, I can assure you that OOTP 15 will indeed have the DSL and VSL

Pretty sure Markus mentioned it in the release too, I think it was in the MLB roster set section though, not the same section as the int leagues.
Derp. Forgot to double check that part, my bad.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #12
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From MILB.com, they use the classifications of AAA, AA, A Adv, A, Short Season A, Rookie. AZL/GCL/DSL/VSL/Pioneer/Frontier are all considered a rookie league affiliate with no further breakdowns in classification, as far as the official rules go.
It's not quite that clear since the 2008 edition of the Major League Rules do specify a split of Rookie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major League Rule 51(a)
... Leagues in the Rookie classification also shall be given the further subclassification of Rookie or Rookie-Advanced.
The 2008 and 2009 editions of the Baseball America Directory also shows the split into Rookie Advanced and Rookie, and each had different service time limitations.

Then again, in an article in Jan. of 2008 mentioning some rule changes, there was this tidbit about changes in the minors:

Quote:
... In Thursday's other rule change, Rule 51 concerning limits on Minor League service time eliminated the distinction between the levels Rookie, where the limit had been two years, and Rookie Advanced, where players could be kept for three years. Henceforth, the three-year limit will apply to both.
So it seems there is some disagreement about just how official the split of Rookie and Rookie Advanced really is.

The main thing that separates them in my mind is that the Rookie, i.e. Arizona and Gulf Coast Leagues do not represent actual towns/cities as the games are played at the spring training complexes of the parent clubs, admission is not charged, and attendance is not tracked. In contrast, the Rookie Advanced leagues, Appalachian and Pioneer, have clubs which play representing specific towns/cities, with their own dedicated parks, and tickets are sold and attendance tracked. In other words, they are 'real' minor leagues (i.e. moneymaking enterprises) whereas the AZL and GCL (along with the foreign DSL and VSL) are more akin to instructional leagues, wholly owned and operated by the parent major league clubs.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Here is how the AI setup the Indianapolis arrows & Las Vegas Aces minor league teams. I manually edited cities for AAA.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
tejdog1
All Star Starter

That's what I mean. No "mid A" team (Sally League), and two Appy League teams instead of one Appy and one GCL.

I think it needs to be fixed.

And it's unnerving

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"